LB Ernie Sims personal workout for Dallas

Rockytop6

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
We used to hear about the Safeties being interchangeable when Woody and Roy were back there together. When you have two superb talents like those two it can change your perception. But last year I heard Parcells mention several times that Beriault and Davis were both actually "more of a SS type". This indicates to me that he himself does not generally see the two so much as interchangeable.

We would have to draft him in the first round. If you are going to use a first round pick why not draft a pure FS instead of paying that kind of money to pick a LB to be converted?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I would hope this is a due dilligence move.

Sims is much like Derrick Brooks and would be a very odd fit with us.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Alexander said:
I would hope this is a due dilligence move.

Sims is much like Derrick Brooks and would be a very odd fit with us.

Agreed... unless they are thinking about not resigning Roy Williams after this season and he moves as a backup behind BERRY-O

silver

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
5'11 234lbs/ Hardly a Parcells guy.
sorta like Dat Nguyen was. Remember 90% of this game is half mental;)

JPM

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
This is just a misdirection play for the draft.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Didn't they not have Ware in last year for a workout ?

jbsg02

Reaction score
this guys the real deal, just not sure about him playing in the 3-4, but hey, if he can make plays then it really doesnt matter

marchetta

Reaction score
calcbfan1 said:
This is just a misdirection play for the draft.

My thoughts as well. I didn't have the guts to say it, for fear of being labeled a conspiracy theorist.:D

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Do you have his measureables from his Pro Day or the Combine?

At the combine we was 5'11" 231lbs. He had a 4.5 40 and a 41" vertical and put up 25 reps. At his pro day he was 5-11¼, 234lbs and ran his 40's in 4.55 and 4.48.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
not a misdirection -- first of all, he's not a first round pick. he very well might fall to round 3 or 4 - and say you are sitting there in the third - you'd sure want to know if you could use this guy as a nickle LB.

ddh33

Reaction score
Ernie Sims is a stud. I really like that kid. He's a very explosive kid, and he makes a ton of plays.

I'm a little intrigued by Dallas being that interested in him. I would have thought that he might be a little small to play in a 3-4. Size is overrated though...

Wasn't it last offseason that Dallas was rumored to be interested in the Leroy Hill from Clemson? That sounds right, and I know someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. Anyway, there were those who said the kid was too small for a 3-4 (and all the rumors were that was where the team was going), but the Seahawks drafted him, and he was a heck of a player for them. I think he finished with 8 sacks on the season.

ddh33

Reaction score
abersonc said:
not a misdirection -- first of all, he's not a first round pick. he very well might fall to round 3 or 4 - and say you are sitting there in the third - you'd sure want to know if you could use this guy as a nickle LB.

Ernie Sims? He is absolutely going to be a first rounder, and he might be the second LB drafted behind AJ Hawk.

jbsg02

Reaction score
abersonc said:

round 3 or 4?! he wont make it out of the first round, book it

texastwister

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
Ernie Sims? He is absolutely going to be a first rounder, and he might be the second LB drafted behind AJ Hawk.

Sims has moved up the board and sounds like he is #2 behing Hawk. Forgot the numbers. He is a playmaker that can turn games around. That is what is moving him up the boards more than the numbers.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ddh33 said:

most mocks -- if they have him in the first at all (which about 1/3 don't), have him very late in the first. With his size, he's absolutely the profile of the guy who falls in the draft.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
As a gator fan i hated playing against Sims. I recall his freshman season, he put a hit on kellen winslow jr that knocked him back 3 yards. I had to salute that play. His stock is rising from his combine workout. At pick 18 i dont know, depends on what's left. Maybe someone slips down were not expecting.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc said:
not a misdirection -- first of all, he's not a first round pick. he very well might fall to round 3 or 4

I'll bet you on this one.