Signed by Cowboys LB Luke Gifford signed

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Bernard had signed a reserves futures contract back in January. Probably a minimum type deal.

For some reason, I thought we had cut him. Guess I read that wrong since it does make sense that he still would be on a cheap deal.

Mr_437

Reaction score
it doesn’t even have to be Wagner! Sign 1 dam guy from another team. Absolutely baffling that they stick with this philosophy! Gifford, LVE, Armstrong etc wouldn’t be so bad. The huge issue is they probably could’ve upgraded all 3 of them. They just choose not to. #%$& dolts!
They are bad. If Stevie n Jerry aren't committed to be involved in football to the level a "real GM" is why not hand the position to a football guy and go off doing the things they really want to do?

I've never heard of someone getting worse at their job of over 30 years haha.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
..woo wee!.... dont stop the mud from flowing. These guys are rolling 7's.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah he’s gone

OK. That's what I thought, but I also thought he'd be re-signed for cheap. Guess we don't want him. I would think we'll pick up a couple more cheap players (probably special-teammers) to make sure we have six to take into the season and then get a few more in the draft/UDFA to try to knock the bottom feeders off the roster.

Big_D

Reaction score
They are bad. If Stevie n Jerry aren't committed to be involved in football to the level a "real GM" is why not hand the position to a football guy and go off doing the things they really want to do?

I've never heard of someone getting worse at they're job of over 30 years haha.

The screwed up part is they think they’re good at their job! :confused:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Probably can expect Bernard to return as well on a similar contract. We'll have five or six signed total before the draft. Was surprised that LVE returned.

Surprised that LVE came back so cheap. Good deal for us. And veteran min, or near to it, for the other guys is also a good deal.

They're doing well on the low end, but poorly on the high end.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
He’s been on our roster 3 years and no one knows who he is…:lol

conner01

Reaction score
Toilet Bowl here we come.....
If a special teams player is that big of an impact you are already in trouble
He’s a nice guy to have on your roster who is cheap, good special teams and can give you spot duty in an emergency
The guys at the bottom of your roster are always gonna be there for a reason but you can’t have 53 starter quality plsyers

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If a special teams player is that big of an impact you are already in trouble
He’s a nice guy to have on your roster who is cheap, good special teams and can give you spot duty in an emergency
The guys at the bottom of your roster are always gonna be there for a reason but you can’t have 53 starter quality plsyers
I don't disagree. special teams is important, but you lose a #1 starter, your top back up and replace him with special teams player....that special teams better be really special and win us a few games