RELEASED LB Malik Jefferson, making roster spot Anthony Rush

bigE79

Reaction score
la-liga-what-a-rush.gif
RIP hawk.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’d check in with Bryan Bulaga.
My only concern with Bulaga is his recent injury history. He missed 6 games in 2020 for the Chargers due to a lower back injury, and he sat on IR for all of 2021. Chargers released him this past March. No one even tried to sign him all of this year. Lower back injury might be too debilitating.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
There will be someone whining here as soon as he gets picked up by another team saying it was a huge mistake. @America's Cowboy
I don't complain about players cut who don't contribute for their next teams. I only complain when they get cut and then do contribute for their new team while we suffer with the same position in need due to sudden injuries. That's called ignorant personnel decisions. It's like this team of coaches struggle to coach up players.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My only concern with Bulaga is his recent injury history. He missed 6 games in 2020 for the Chargers due to a lower back injury, and he sat on IR for all of 2021. Chargers released him this past March. No one even tried to sign him all of this year. Lower back injury might be too debilitating.

It’s definitely a question to be asked.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m disappointed that they’re not doing more at RT with Steele out for the year. Ball isn’t getting the job done and I don’t want to put all my eggs in Peters’ basket.
Honestly I think Tyler at RT is the best option. The way they had been talking, I think they feel its best to keep him on the left side of the OL. Honestly I don't see the big deal.

I think Tyron-McGovern-Biadasz-Martin-Tyler is our best OL this season, and I think thats a pretty solid line. I prefer to keep Peters as depth

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I think Tyler at RT is the best option. The way they had been talking, I think they feel its best to keep him on the left side of the OL. Honestly I don't see the big deal.

I think Tyron-McGovern-Biadasz-Martin-Tyler is our best OL this season, and I think thats a pretty solid line. I prefer to keep Peters as depth

I totally disagree on that. Few offensive linemen can completely reverse their technique so easily, much less a rookie still learning the NFL game.

jrumann59

Reaction score

Except you are now asking a rookie to play on the right side of the line, something he has not done in organized football, especially when you have 2 vets that at least played RT for a year at the NFL level.

CWR

Reaction score
I’m disappointed that they’re not doing more at RT with Steele out for the year. Ball isn’t getting the job done and I don’t want to put all my eggs in Peters’ basket.

I think position flexibly has a lot to do with that. They are probably looking at Peters, Tyron, Tyler and Martin all as potential RT. McGregor back in the line up allows them to kick someone else outside. There a few different combinations I could see them using.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think position flexibly has a lot to do with that. They are probably looking at Peters, Tyron, Tyler and Martin all as potential RT. McGregor back in the line up allows them to kick someone else outside. There a few different combinations I could see them using.

I don’t think they consider Tyron or Tyler Smith as RT options. And if they can’t trust Ball to play just that one spot, why keep him at all?

CWR

Reaction score
I don’t think they consider Tyron or Tyler Smith as RT options. And if they can’t trust Ball to play just that one spot, why keep him at all?

I don't think they'd consider Tyler, but Tyron wouldn't suprise me. I hear you about Ball, but if you don't have anyone better and his salary has already hit the books, there's no benefit to releasing him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
None of us Zoners have any idea who should play where. How could we? Let’s leave it up to the coaching staff.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I remember when Malik Jefferson was a 5-star high schooler who Texas A&M was trying to recruit. Life comes at you fast.

quickccc

Reaction score
i see Aviante Collins has been elevated from the practice squad.

I had wonder since Peters now has to start at RT, who would be available to rest- spell Tyron who missed so much time from
game play conditioning.