LB Micah Parsons of Penn State wants to be a Cowboy?

plymkr

Reaction score
Does Penn State LB Micah Parsons want to be a Dallas Cowboy?

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - As the Cowboys get set to kick off their Tuesday night matchup vs the Baltimore Ravens, one of the best linebackers in college football appears to be creating quite a stir on social media.

BB1bKX9R.img
© Provided by WMFS Radio Memphis
Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons, a projected top-10 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, sent out two tweets this afternoon. In the first, he said that he hopes to continue playing in "that blue and white," a nod to the Nittany Lions color scheme.

Parsons followed that tweet up by sending out a picture of him standing in AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, as he played in last year's Cotton Bowl. Parsons also happened to win the defensive MVP in that game.

The Harrisburg, Pennsylvania native also included a longhorn hook'em emoji, which could be perceived as a nod to the state of Texas.

Whatever the case, it appears that he is making it known to Jerry Jones that he wants to be a Cowboy.

Dallas could use some help at the linebacker spot with Jaylon Smith continuing to struggle and with Leighton Vander Esch's injury history. The Cowboys would have a great shot at selecting Parsons as they are currently slated to have the No. 5 overall pick.

Parsons was named a consensus All-American and won the Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year award in 2019.

According to Jeff Cavanaugh's early scouting report on Parsons, he is "a ton of fun as a prospect." But added that "you have to recognize his youth at the position is apparent."
Let's wait and see if he blows out his knee or runs his Achilles. If so then grab him and pay him big money to red shirt and underperform.

We desperately need more injury prone LBers.

If he's healthy then I say pass. He won't fit in with our current LBers.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons sees $$$. He sees us picking high and we have a need at LB and its easy to generate buzz just by mentioning The Dallas Cowboys.

lkelly

Reaction score
Whats the best offense penn state played with him? Id like to see that game.
Last year against OSU he had 10 tackles, 2 TFL, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Penn State had zip on offense, even had to switch to their backup QB, and lost 28-17. It was OSU's lowest scoring output of the season until they lost to Clemson (scored 23) in the CFP.

aria

Reaction score
Your infatuation with zeke is funny.
I’m glad you like it, do you say the same thing to the same people who constantly create threads to defend him?

In case you didn’t notice, I used two other examples as well. Sorry you hero was notorious for drug use in college and publicly admitted to being stoned and drunk while “recovering” from COVID.

aria

Reaction score
I mean with Gregory it's pot and I'd be willing to bet 80% of the nfl uses pot.
That’s fine, it doesn’t take away from my point. Unlike other players, Gregory couldn’t even quit for the short period of time when they even knew they could be tested.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Last year against OSU he had 10 tackles, 2 TFL, a forced fumble, and a fumble recovery. Penn State had zip on offense, even had to switch to their backup QB, and lost 28-17. It was OSU's lowest scoring output of the season until they lost to Clemson (scored 23) in the CFP.

yep. Parsons is a f’n beast.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
This staff should have been playing ANAE a ton of snaps at OLB and DE and they failed the kid badly. I forget the other linebacker we have on the PS that all of us been clamoring to be called up...his name escapes me, but he also should get all the reps in these next few games. Lets see what the youngsters got. Nothing to lose in doing so.
Francis Bernard

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gotta get some type of talent in the middle of Dline to keep the LB clean. I mean, how freaking hard is it to understand that....Mr. Jones???

Carson

Reaction score
Gotta get some type of talent in the middle of Dline to keep the LB clean. I mean, how freaking hard is it to understand that....Mr. Jones???

In the second and after. No DT even close to top 10 this year

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In the second and after. No DT even close to top 10 this year
Oh I agree in the draft...DT needs to he a FA signing for immediate help.

I'd love to add Parsons but for any success in the LB core, we have to upgrade the front.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Does Penn State LB Micah Parsons want to be a Dallas Cowboy?

DALLAS (105.3 The Fan) - As the Cowboys get set to kick off their Tuesday night matchup vs the Baltimore Ravens, one of the best linebackers in college football appears to be creating quite a stir on social media.

BB1bKX9R.img
© Provided by WMFS Radio Memphis
Penn State linebacker Micah Parsons, a projected top-10 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, sent out two tweets this afternoon. In the first, he said that he hopes to continue playing in "that blue and white," a nod to the Nittany Lions color scheme.

Parsons followed that tweet up by sending out a picture of him standing in AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys, as he played in last year's Cotton Bowl. Parsons also happened to win the defensive MVP in that game.

The Harrisburg, Pennsylvania native also included a longhorn hook'em emoji, which could be perceived as a nod to the state of Texas.

Whatever the case, it appears that he is making it known to Jerry Jones that he wants to be a Cowboy.

Dallas could use some help at the linebacker spot with Jaylon Smith continuing to struggle and with Leighton Vander Esch's injury history. The Cowboys would have a great shot at selecting Parsons as they are currently slated to have the No. 5 overall pick.

Parsons was named a consensus All-American and won the Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebacker of the Year award in 2019.

According to Jeff Cavanaugh's early scouting report on Parsons, he is "a ton of fun as a prospect." But added that "you have to recognize his youth at the position is apparent."
I’d be ecstatic if we can get him. I thought we were at 4 not 5?

garyv

Reaction score
we need linebackers badly. The ones we have simply stink. maybe Joe Thomas is worth keeping, but thats it. LVE has underwhelmed this year. Jaylon is just trash. He lacks all the intangibles to start in the NFL. I have no issue whatsoever taking a stud LB early if he can play nasty and has a high FB IQ. We have too many softee's as it is.

If they so choose to keep Jaylon he needs to be moved to MLB not OLB