LB Need

Hayseed

Reaction score
Geez you guys. Ive been reading this same junk regarding "certain " players forever. You label certain type players busts before they even play a down. Watched it happen with Clay Mathews, JJWatt, Joey Bosa, and again last year with TJ Watt. Gee,.... wonder what all those players have in common...LOL You would think after being made a complete fool of by those players you would learn. Bosa REALLY made total IDIOTS out of a whole lot of people. :D I guess some are just slow learners. Im thinking LVE will do the same. And you know what? Wont make a difference at all. This time next year all the same people will be out in full force spouting the same B.S. I think people actually LIKE being made to look foolish sometimes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I want healthy,durable ballers. What good does it do the team to draft guys that are all projections and work out warriors? I want my draft picks on the damn field,not sitting in the medical tent!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Geez you guys. Ive been reading this same junk regarding "certain " players forever. You label certain type players busts before they even play a down. Watched it happen with Clay Mathews, JJWatt, Joey Bosa, and again last year with TJ Watt. Gee,.... wonder what all those players have in common...LOL You would think after being made a complete fool of by those players you would learn. Bosa REALLY made total IDIOTS out of a whole lot of people. :D I guess some are just slow learners.
crap..none of these players in this draft can even carry the jocks of the dudes you mentioned. I was never against Bosa. Maybe others,but not I. TJ watt is a great example btw. Glad you named him. He was drafted towards the end of round 1 if memory serves. He had an outstanding year for Pitt. I do not see 1 player in round 1 that can live up to the skill level of him. MAYBE LVE..but he isn't an edge guy...Evans is no TJ Watt. Roquan isn't nearly as good as TJ. My point is..this group of players aren't in the same class as last years bunch. or even the year before. None of them enamor me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If we want to go further..a WR like JUJU Smith Schuster drafted in what,the 2nd or 3rd round by Pitt? ...he IS better than any of the wideouts in this draft,with maybe the rare exception of Moore or Miller. If we redrafted him,he would go in the top 10 this year. It goes to show how very hard it is to project WR to the pro level. That's why I hate the idea of drafting one early.

LittleD

Reaction score
Good morning fans, I know we have a need at LB, and many "so called" experts are stating we should pick L.V. out of Boise @19. Isn't N. Bowman still available and has anyone heard anything of him coming to Dallas lately? I would rather get him to fill the void and draft a LB in the later rounds. Your thoughts?

He wants way too much money. He has also been hurt way too much. I don't think McClay is that high on him at this juncture of
his career.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Good morning fans, I know we have a need at LB, and many "so called" experts are stating we should pick L.V. out of Boise @19. Isn't N. Bowman still available and has anyone heard anything of him coming to Dallas lately? I would rather get him to fill the void and draft a LB in the later rounds. Your thoughts?

I don't see this team drafting a LB'er at 19 TBH. They like their first round picks to be day 1 starters. I suppose Taco flies against that trend though. Not saying they shouldn't, just saying Lee is the starting Wil, Jaylon is the starting Mike and no one should spend a first round pick on SAM who plays 20% of the snaps. Bowman wouldn't be bad but he's a Mike only and I'd rather a LB'er with a little more flexibility at Mike or Wil

gmoney112

Reaction score
Thanks, I did not know about the pinched nerve. Sounds exactly like what Dallas would do, and that is never any good.

Blown out of proportion. He came back and played a full college season after that. Combine medicals even indicated having known about it and still gave him 4/5 with no red flags. He had an LCL sprain a few years ago, hence the 4.

LVE is also pretty good in pass coverage, not seeing "hes horrible". Evan's is good too, but LVE might be better in Zone while Evan's can run in Man/Spy. LVE kinda reminds me of Lee in coverage, has a feel for the drop, and he's still really raw.

Evan's is better coming downhill, I think LVE can become a dominant run defender.

I'd be happy with either one but I lean towards LVE just a little right now. I also think Evan's would be better suited at Will. I like the potential of LVE at Mike just a bit more, and if Jaylon comes along I think his best position will be coming downhill moreso as a Will.

But like I said, either one is fine to me. But, LVE is very promising. You can't objectively look at Evan's and LVE and say one is terrible(not "you" in particular, just in general) Then you're just biased and have an agenda.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blown out of proportion. He came back and played a full college season after that. Combine medicals even indicated having known about it and still gave him 4/5 with no red flags. He had an LCL sprain a few years ago, hence the 4.

LVE is also pretty good in pass coverage, not seeing "hes horrible". Evan's is good too, but LVE might be better in Zone while Evan's can run in Man/Spy. LVE kinda reminds me of Lee in coverage, has a feel for the drop, and he's still really raw.

Evan's is better coming downhill, I think LVE can become a dominant run defender.

I'd be happy with either one but I lean towards LVE just a little right now. I also think Evan's would be better suited at Will. I like the potential of LVE at Mike just a bit more, and if Jaylon comes along I think his best position will be coming downhill moreso as a Will.

But like I said, either one is fine to me. But, LVE is very promising. You can't objectively look at Evan's and LVE and say one is terrible(not "you" in particular, just in general) Then you're just biased and have an agenda.

thanks for this info as well. I was taking his neck issue as being recent.
This sounds more like the LVE I have read about.

I still want Vea regardless. :D

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I want healthy,durable ballers. What good does it do the team to draft guys that are all projections and work out warriors? I want my draft picks on the damn field,not sitting in the medical tent!

But Vander Esch produced.

The workouts just elevated him.

Demarcus Ware was a workout warrior too. Sometimes it pans out. If they show they can play football and then they break the combine then you have to consider the upside.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bowman makes a lot of sense for us if we don't take a LB in the first and if we can agree on money. He's probably looking for $6-7MM/year AAV, though. That's rich for our blood for a 2-donw player. I'd love to see him in rotation with Lee and Jaylon, though.

We'll just have to wait and see if we want to beat OAK's offer after the draft.

Hayseed

Reaction score

My feelings exactly! Great minds think alike. :D Would be happy with either but I just like LVE a tad bit more. Great athlete with good wheels for a man his size. Last I checked he goes around 6-4 255 with Evans weighing in at around 235 while standing 6-3. Speed is a good thing, size is a good thing, but speed AND size together are a GREAT thing on the football field.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I have also seen it posted in here that Sean Lee himself went along with the staff when they scouted LVE at a private workout. THAT.......... is a huge TELL imo. LVE is a specimen but a bit raw,...Lee will be his on field mentor and a better mentor you could not find.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
evans at 19 is a solid safe pick. A 10 year pro.
That’s my hope. I like lve but I feel evans is more than ready. I think if he’s there we take him. The whole coaching staff was at Alabama pro day. It’s either for evans or Ridley we’ll see

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i think we gotta get LB first round and receiver second round and hope we can get a free safety and LG after that that can start and play well...

pavalley

Reaction score
He has a pinched nerve in his neck that flares up...so at what 22 or whatever he is,thats bad right out of the chute. That's a medical issue. He has the perfect frame you want for LB...almost a cookie cutter frame,just like Adam Archeltta and Bobby Carpenter.His coverage skills are not good. Has the body you want,neck aside..but you must question the football IQ and awareness. Same as A.A. AND BOBBY Carpenter,Matt Johnson(mostly medical)...and some would argue Byron Jones fits into this category.
And he has one year experience in a subpar conference