LB Need

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Losing fat is not the same as putting on muscle. He looked skinny at the combine.

LOL! He does not look skinny. Not sure if its his height or just your eyes. But he sure wasn't skinny.
NFL%20Combine%20Football(2)

gmoney112

Reaction score
So,it'd be safe to assume he'd steadily been bulking up thru out the season,right up to the combine?

Pretty safe to assume, in my opinion.

21 with good genetics. He could have put on a solid 10 pounds of muscle, carried some water weight into the Combine but that's expected.

Damn genetics!

I don't even know if hes done growing, but when he starts hitting his prime around 24-25 I wouldn't be surprised if he could play at 270. He might just stick to 260-265 and transform his body with an emphasis on strength and speed.

260 is still a big MLB. In a few years, if he can stay healthy, hes going to be a load.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Pretty safe to assume, in my opinion.

21 with good genetics. He could have put on a solid 10 pounds of muscle, carried some water weight into the Combine but that's expected.

Damn genetics!

I don't even know if hes done growing, but when he starts hitting his prime around 24-25 I wouldn't be surprised if he could play at 270. He might just stick to 260-265 and transform his body with an emphasis on strength and speed.

260 is still a big MLB. In a few years, if he can stay healthy, hes going to be a load.

By the time they done with him through NFL training he may weight about 265 maybe a little more. But the coaches probably want him not too high to be able to do coverage.

gmoney112

Reaction score
For reference, LVE was a 190 pound walk-on his freshman year at Boise.

70 pounds over 3 years and getting those measurements is just crazy. He put on 70 pounds after walking on, from 8man high school football, and then went out and got in the 97th percentile for drafted LBs.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Klingo3034

Reaction score

70 pounds over 3 years and getting those measurements is just crazy. He put on 70 pounds after walking on, from 8man high school football, and then went out and got in the 97th percentile for drafted LBs.

Train him to look like this.
nfl_defense_23_fa_rszd.jpg
quincy-black.jpg

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If you are going to watch LVE I think it is important to watch the games in sequence. He did struggle to take on blocks particularly early. At the same time BSU was not asking their LB to stack and shed. You don't see any of their LB doing it. Instead they would try to flank the OL and play off their shoulder.

As the season rolled on LVE's recognition and technique improved dramatically. By the bowl game he was on. Now Broaddus started saying a couple of months ago that Oregen didn't even try to block him on the second level but that is just bull****. They sent guards and the C at him repeatedly. He was flanking them and playing off their shoulders and he was able to get away with it because he was making snap reads. He is a very intelligent and instinctive player.

I would also note that most every college LB sucks at taking on blocks. AL puts out guys that can do it most regularly like McClain and Ragland but most cannot. The best at it in this year's crop is probably Evans -go figure- but he struggled often as well.
Broaddus is correct. Oregon didn't even try to block him. I watched that game and came out with the same thought. LVE even struggled mightily the game in late November right before the conference championship game. I believe it was against the very same opponent which dominated LVE in the first matchup before the championship game. He's got talent but too inconsistent for my taste in using a 1st round pick on him. His health issues also worry me.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Steroids

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Broaddus is correct. Oregon didn't even try to block him. I watched that game and came out with the same thought. LVE even struggled mightily the game in late November right before the conference championship game. I believe it was against the very same opponent which dominated LVE in the first matchup before the championship game. He's got talent but too inconsistent for my taste in using a 1st round pick on him. His health issues also worry me.

I watched the game and saw LVE attacking gaps before OL could get to the second level. This notion that they left him unblocked is plain wrong.

And his health issues are BS. Stenosis of the upper spine is one of the things they look for at the combine.

I also find it specious that you are making claims on a Fresno St game that is not available online. Of course against that same opponent in the conference title game LVE was DPOG.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I watched the game and saw LVE attacking gaps before OL could get to the second level. This notion that they left him unblocked is plain wrong.

And his health issues are BS. Stenosis of the upper spine is one of the things they look for at the combine.

I also find it specious that you are making claims on a Fresno St game that is not available online. Of course against that same opponent in the conference title game LVE was DPOG.
A Fresno St - Boise St Nov. 25, 2017 game that is not online???

Did you even try to find it or are you being totally dishonest, Fuzzy? All anyone had to do is go to YouTube. Very simple.

Here it is. Btw, your boy LVE looked very average and got pushed around quite a bit. His co-partner, #58, played way much better than him. Proof...