Twitter: LB Rashaan Evans waived/OT Matt Waletzko activated from injured reserve

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The 49ers get stronger at one of their strengths (defensive line).

The Cowboys get weaker at a glaring weakness (linebacker).

GM of the Year award is on its way.

Before the Jones Fan Boys weigh in, I'm not advocating for Evans. He's meh. I just don't understand the team's approach to solving roster issues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The 49ers get stronger at one of their strengths (defensive line).

The Cowboys get weaker at a glaring weakness (linebacker).

GM of the Year award is on its way.

Before the Jones Fan Boys weigh in, I'm not advocating for Evans. He's meh. I just don't understand the team's approach to solving roster issues.
49ers just got their *** whooped I don't think this is the day to gloat about their front office lol. Especially when Chase Young isn't even getting reps like he should lol.

When it comes to the flaws the 49ers or Cowboys have.....they won't fix them during the season. The time to fix the holes were in the offseason. Don't do anything stupid mid-season to try and fix a hole that can't be fixed at that time.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Hopefully Waletzko watches the tape from Sunday and learns an important lesson - left tackles are in fact not supposed to let pass rushers literally run right by them untouched.
I couldn't believe what I was watching here from this guy. You would think the coaches would talk to him. Ummm yeah, you need to block the defensive end on every play......can you do that? No communication in that regard because he ran inside and left the DE with a clear shot reeked havoc the entire game. Head scratcher for sure that the players didn't get in his face either. If I'm Dak, I would have been pissed off. That game made Bradly Chub all world. The fins could have put any player on our LT with the same results. Good post Dr. Chicken!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
The real question is when does he get injured yet again? Dude has a bad shoulder that cost him to go on IR multiple times already.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yeah , he kinda sucked.
The few times we saw him last year as a rookie he looked pretty good at left tackle. We moved him to right tackle this preseason and he absolutely struggled with it. Not every player can make that move quickly or at all.

Not saying he won't suck if we have to play him, but I'd be willing to take that shot at LT over playing Edoga.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We should of cut Chuma have continuedly showing he isn't mentally capable of playing LT.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The real question is when does he get injured yet again? Dude has a bad shoulder that cost him to go on IR multiple times already.
He entered the league with a bum left shoulder and had to get it repaired. This year, he hurt his right shoulder. Considering he also had an ACL tear as a sophomore, he may just be one of those players whose bodies can't hold up to the violence of football. Hopefully, we've given him bionic shoulders now.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Waletzko may sprain his shoulder getting dressed on Sunday. The guy cant stay healthy for 2 minutes.
exactly and we cut a healthy linebacker that at least provided SOME in game reps...off and on. Great , this makes total sense.

gimmesix

Reaction score
We should of cut Chuma have continuedly showing he isn't mentally capable of playing LT.
Edoga looked fine when we played him at guard when Tyler was out and probably is a better RT option than Waletzko, who struggled there in the preseason. We need depth at all five spots.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't really get the thinking behind cutting Evans unless Micah will be playing more MLB. Waletzko hasn't done anything (rather have Amari) and he probably won't even get to play, so he could've stayed on IR. Fehoko will be another who could stay on IR.

gimmesix

Reaction score
exactly and we cut a healthy linebacker that at least provided SOME in game reps...off and on. Great , this makes total sense.
Can't Evans be put back on the PS since we signed him to the roster after all his activations were used up? I don't know if that restarts his activations, though. I would assume, though, even if he is re-signed to the PS that we'd have to sign him back to the 53 to use him.

We do have a linebacker on the PS we could activate, though: Buddy Johnson. Malik Jefferson is on there as well, but we used his three activations. I'm also curious if we see Durell Johnson as an end only or a linebacker. We played him at end in the preseason but he's got linebacker size and I believe that's what he played in college.

Last edited: