Twitter: LB Rashaan Evans waived/OT Matt Waletzko activated from injured reserve

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Edoga looked fine when we played him at guard when Tyler was out and probably is a better RT option than Waletzko, who struggled there in the preseason. We need depth at all five spots.
Yeah he shouldn't move from Guard then the dude is terrible at tackle. I could see getting beat and TRYING to block. The guy straight up blocks nobody or the wrong person wayyy too often.

John813

Reaction score
Can't Evans be put back on the PS since we signed him to the roster after all his activations were used up? I don't know if that restarts his activations, though.

He can go back to PS but to be active on game days someone will have to be cut/put on IR etc.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't Evans be put back on the PS since we signed him to the roster after all his activations were used up? I don't know if that restarts his activations, though.
Good question. Maybe once he clears waivers, that is a good possibility. Don't see why not.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Only the Cowboys front office will see their defense doing poorly at stopping the run and risk them even being worse at stopping the run by making the LB position more thinner. :facepalm:
Yeah holding the 2nd best running team in the league to 90 yards with Evans having 0 snaps was a problem. :huh: :thumbdown:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look all the Internet know it all GM's in here again making a big deal you do realize that Evans has been part of this lack of good defense and lack of a good run defense the last month he's almost been non-existent however just because they cut him doesn't mean he doesn't clear waivers or comes back to the team in a couple days people are sent up and down cut brought back making moves is a everyday thing so you overreact now and tomorrow he may be back on the team..

Or they have another defensive tackle or somebody else in mind they're gonna make more moves than bring up on this team we don't know yet but go ahead overreact be some of those guys just think you know more then a whole entire staff there's 100 people that make these decisions and this is what they decided

if I wanted to be the Internet know it all GM I would just say why didn't they just bring Richards to the game and let him be the left tackle or slide out Tyler Smith the left tackle and put in Hoffman at left guard but I'm not gonna say that because they have good reasons for this they know the team they know the players better than we do and they know how to make moves which is gonna be daily in some cases so again everybody overreacting like toddlers who don't get what they want to eat and throw a fit you might wanna just pull it back a little bit it's becoming tiresome......

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
49ers just got their *** whooped I don't think this is the day to gloat about their front office lol. Especially when Chase Young isn't even getting reps like he should lol.

When it comes to the flaws the 49ers or Cowboys have.....they won't fix them during the season. The time to fix the holes were in the offseason. Don't do anything stupid mid-season to try and fix a hole that can't be fixed at that time.
Chase Young is playing 54% of available defensive snaps for the 49ers. Do people just say things in hopes that someone will believe them?

The idea that you don't try to address stuff during the season is an awful take. Injuries have a major impact on rosters. Teams that want to win, do something about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Chase Young is playing 54% of available defensive snaps for the 49ers. Do people just say things in hopes that someone will believe them?

The idea that you don't try to address stuff during the season is an awful take. Injuries have a major impact on rosters. Teams that want to win, do something about it.
In week 11, Chase Young received 68% of the snaps.....this past Sunday his snaps were down to 46%. I'm speaking facts so show me where you got he's currently playing 54% of the snaps?

And let's pretend like 54% is right.....

Trading a 3rd round pick for a one year rental that's getting 54% of the snaps where you have a weakness is wild. He can't get more than that with Ferrell and Gregory on the field? Piss poor trade.

You don't have to agree with the take. I've been watching the NFL religiously for the past 30 years...I can't tell you what the blueprint it is to win a championship. But I can tell you confidently that based on what i've seen if you have a weakness you can't fix that weakness mid season. If you have issues stopping the run? There is nothing you can do midseason to fix that. If you have a crappy passing attack? If you have a crappy rushing attack? There is nothing you can do mid season to change that.

No one said don't "address" these issues. You don't even know what my take is to call it "awful" lol. I never said don't address these issues. I'm not against trading for someone like he did with Amari Cooper because I know he's gonna be here for more than one year. But one year rentals don't work. Its been proven that players and teams need a offseason together to fix these holes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The few times we saw him last year as a rookie he looked pretty good at left tackle. We moved him to right tackle this preseason and he absolutely struggled with it. Not every player can make that move quickly or at all.

Not saying he won't suck if we have to play him, but I'd be willing to take that shot at LT over playing Edoga.
I was talking about Rashan Evans

BlueStar22

Reaction score
No weed, no gambling, no liquor stores open on Sundays. You can buy guns seven days a week though.Gotta love Texas.

That said, this is not why they released him. It's cover. Clark or Bell get injured, only Micah left. Makes no sense.

Last edited:

lostar2009

Reaction score
lol we waive one of our only linebackers lol.

This team makes some crazy decisions. I would of waived Kearse lol. Or deuce. I am sure Deuce would make it to PS.
Clark should've been demoted. Dude is trash, Evans would've been a better upgrade.

I was hoping Evans would be elevated with a rotation of Parson playing off ball, Bell and sometimes Clark.

Welp there goes that dream :laugh:

RoboQB

Reaction score
Exactly how was Jerry supposed to do that? It's been posted in this thread many times because it's true - he was signing with the Eagles.
People act like you can force players to join teams.
People are crazy.