LB Witherspoon to STL; G Hutchison signs Vikes 49m offer sheet

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
that's the offer for OG Hutchinson from Minn. 7 Year deal..

This getting crazy. 49 Mil for an oline.. are u serious??

That's exactly what the Eagles were paying Terrell Owens and he said it wasn't enough.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
The extended CBA pumped $300M+ Into 2006 cap pool. This is no suprise. Teams not acting are going to have plenty of Cap $ and no worthy players to pay it to.

The old school - We are going to pay "mid range" for a kicker, we don't pay FS, we already have money invested in OLine, we already paid Fergy at NT, bla bla bla

Unless Plan B kicks in soon - FA is starting to look like a washout.

We had an action plan - and no players cared. But we hooked a Fosier,

Woods

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
16 million Guaranteed.. with a very high 1st year cap hit.. keeps the seahawks from matching it.

That's crazy. And for a Guard!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
He wont see 30 million even.

I'm guessing he'll get about 20 before they try to restructure of cut him

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Minnesota Vikings' shopping spree is kicking into a higher gear.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Vikings have signed Seahawks Pro Bowl offensive guard Steve Hutchinson to an offer sheet for a whopping $49 million over seven years. The deal also includes $16 million in guaranteed money, huge money for a guard, and a very high cap number in the first year. The reason for the cap number is to prevent the Seahawks from matching the offer.

Seattle tagged Hutchinson with the "transition" tag and thus have the right to match any offer. At the time they transitioned him instead of franchising him, the Seahawks probably believed they could match any offer. They still may decide to match the deal, which would give them the most expensive side to an offensive line in league history. Hutchinson teamed with Walter Jones to make up the best blocking side in football as well. In recent days, many of Hutchinson's teammates have known there would be a strong possibility that he would be leaving for Minnesota via free agency. He flew to Minneapolis late Saturday and agreed to terms Sunday afternoon. Seattle now must decide to match the offer or let him go.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Why is everyone acting like $7 million a year for maybe the best guard in the NFL is crazy, when we're almost paying Larry Allen that same amount?

burmafrd

Reaction score
28 years old. HMMMM. Considered about the best guard in the league....
With most of the bonus coming this year...
Actually not that bad of a deal when you think about it. He could be top of the line for the whole term of his contract.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Well what makes it good is they have 30 mil in cap, they gave the majority of his bonus this year, so if things dont work out down the road he's not much of a cap hit after two seasons

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Muhast said:
Well what makes it good is they have 30 mil in cap, they gave the majority of his bonus this year, so if things dont work out down the road he's not much of a cap hit after two seasons

Oh man, I hate reading that. That just makes it worse because with the pace the Cowboys are spending, they could have done the exact same thing. They're going to have all this cap room before the season begins, when the Cowboys could have gotten creative and signed someone with a heavy upfront bonus that would have been unused anyways, and thus making the rest of the salary fairly cap friendly.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hutchinson next to Orlando Pace with Stephen Jackson running the ball.

There's your fantasy football strategy.

DOOMSDAYREBORN

Reaction score
Hostile if that your fantasy strategy your in trouble. Pace and Jackson play for the Rams. Hutch will be playing for the Vikes.

spindoc

Reaction score
Because we are waiting to sign Parcell's former players. Get ready for more old bodies.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
that's the offer for OG Hutchinson from Minn. 7 Year deal..

This getting crazy. 49 Mil for an oline.. are u serious??

That's just stupid- he is not worth it, period.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Nors said:
$25M in unspent Cap and we get a Fosier.

We are going to leave money on the table again. I can feel it. Makes no utter sense. After RCB, FS, PK, RT fiasco's of past 2 seasons you'd think we'd learn.

But we "saved" $5M under cap each year. We are almost operating like a small market team.

I'm confused.

I thought you walked around saying "In Parcells we trust"

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DOOMSDAYREBORN said:
Hostile if that your fantasy strategy your in trouble. Pace and Jackson play for the Rams. Hutch will be playing for the Vikes.
I read the thread title backwards. Thanks for setting me straight.