LB = Zero in HOF

erod

Reaction score
Chuck Howley is an enormous HoF mistake omission. He might have been the best LB in the league several years.

Thomas Henderson would have been had he stayed off the coke well enough like Lawrence Taylor, who wore 56 because of Henderson.

Sean Lee would have been a no-brainer if not for injuries.

Jordan should be in. So should Norton probably one day.

Guys like Lockhart and Nguyen would have gotten more consideration if not for playing here at the wrong times.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The injustice the HOF has done to the Cowboy organization goes much much farther than that.
I dont know besides no brainers like Staubach, Lilly Randy White, Dorsett, etc

we have guys that took a while or were on the cusp like Rayfield Wright, Renfro, Cliff Harris, Drew Pearson,

plus we have the owner, coach and gm, not many franchises have that.

I think, despite a few that also should be in, we as fans shouldnt feel too snubbed

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I dont know besides no brainers like Staubach, Lilly Randy White, Dorsett, etc

we have guys that took a while or were on the cusp like Rayfield Wright, Renfro, Cliff Harris, Drew Pearson,

plus we have the owner, coach and gm, not many franchises have that.

I think, despite a few that also should be in, we as fans shouldnt feel too snubbed

George Andrie should be in the HoF.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ware & Darren Woodson have the best chances, & Witten isn't eligible for the Hall until 2026.

Former DE's Harvey Martin & Ed "Too Tall," Jones & DB Everson Walls could be in the mix to make it in under the Seniors Committee. Time will tell.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
He’s not a LB, but the Cowboys original owner should get HoF looks.

Mannix

Reaction score
I dunno....Igor Olshansky has been retired for over five (5) years. Its just a matter of time before his name starts getting kicked around.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I remember reading that and the fact that the move to DT saved his career.
He was a natural. It didn’t save his career. He was going to be great no matter what he did but I understand

Loso86

Reaction score
Cowboys have 16 people in the HOF and zero of them are at LB.
Not saying Parsons is a future member, just alittle surprising.
Umm neither is a Center, what's your point?

Loso86

Reaction score
Cowboys have 16 people in the HOF and zero of them are at LB.
Not saying Parsons is a future member, just alittle surprising.
Plus Technically D Ware will be in there as a LB

Mannix

Reaction score
Whatever you do, DO NOT google LB Jeff Rohrer and then pull up images!!!

plasticman

Reaction score
This subject has been my rant for decades.

Chuck Howley, "Original 54", not only was Super Bowl 5 MVP, he was a legitimate candidate for MVP in Super Bowl 6. he was a playoff playmaker

6 time Pro Bowl

5 consecutive 1st team All Pro

Participant in 11 playoff games

In two Super Bowls he had a combined 3 INT's and 1 fumble recovery.

Chuck Howley deserved the HOF but jealousy and resentment created a large under-representation for teh Cowboys in the HOF. Some well deserved players are finally going in but there were so many more that deserved it when you consider results that came close to the Patriots. we are talking about 20 consecutive winning seasons.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lee Roy Jordan, MLB, 11 consecutive seasons without missing a single start

5 Pro Bowls, 1 1st team All Pro, played 14 seasons, all with the Cowboys

Tied with two others for 2nd place all time INT's for a LB with 32. The other two guys are in the Hall of Fame. I once saw him make three INT's in one half.

19 playoff games, including 6 NFC championship games and 3 Super Bowls.

Unrecorded but probably leads the league all time in playoff tackles.

Was the unquestionable leader of the Doomsday Defense.

Absolutely deserves to be in the HOF when considering the credentials of other MLB's that were inducted.

---------------------------------------------------

Ken Norton Jr. also deserves consideration even though he spent more years as a 49er.

And yes, Demarcus Ware will break that streak.

NickZepp

Reaction score
There are 5 Landry era Cowboys that should be in the Hall but aren't. Some of these aren't even in the ROH.

Ralph Neely was basically the leader of the OL for all of the 70s and late 60s. Wright was probably the anchor of the OL and deserved to get in even though that also took way too long.

Chuck Howley is by all accounts the most accomplished LB in Cowboys history. A lot of his games aren't available because it was before VHS existed so all you got is NFL films stuff that is selective at times. But as others have posted all of his accomplishments it's pretty clear he should be in the HOF.

Lee Roy Jordan was the leader of some of the best Cowboys defenses ever for a decade. Leader and complete bad ***.

Harvey Martin is on the short list of best pass rushers in NFL history before LT, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas played in the NFL in the 80s-early 90s that obviously took the pass rush to the next level.

Too Tall Jones was a great player for a long time up through the mid 80s. I would never say he was as great as any of the above but he was consistently really good.

Motorola

Reaction score
There are 5 Landry era Cowboys that should be in the Hall but aren't. Some of these aren't even in the ROH.

Ralph Neely was basically the leader of the OL for all of the 70s and late 60s. Wright was probably the anchor of the OL and deserved to get in even though that also took way too long.

Chuck Howley is by all accounts the most accomplished LB in Cowboys history. A lot of his games aren't available because it was before VHS existed so all you got is NFL films stuff that is selective at times. But as others have posted all of his accomplishments it's pretty clear he should be in the HOF.

Lee Roy Jordan was the leader of some of the best Cowboys defenses ever for a decade. Leader and complete bad ***.

Harvey Martin is on the short list of best pass rushers in NFL history before LT, Bruce Smith, Reggie White, Derrick Thomas played in the NFL in the 80s-early 90s that obviously took the pass rush to the next level.

Too Tall Jones was a great player for a long time up through the mid 80s. I would never say he was as great as any of the above but he was consistently really good.
That one season he took off to go into boxing might have hurt a borderline HOF candidacy. But "Too Tall" most definitely should be in the ROH.

Chuck Howley - the first of only NINE defensive players selected as MVP in the 55 Super Bowls...and still the ONLY ONE AWARDED PLAYING ON THE LOSING TEAM. His accomplishments in his Cowboys career screams insanity that he does not have a bust in Canton.
By the way, three other Cowboys have that award - Harvey Martin and Randy as co-winners, and Larry Brown. Think about that -- the franchise has an SB MVP at each defensive level - defensive line - DT & DE, linebacker -WLB, secondary -CB.

And NZ' - I 2nd the motion about Ralph Neely- he should be in the ROH.

Last edited: