News: LBS: Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

Dez-Bryant.jpg

Dez Bryant has sent numerous tweets campaigning for NFL teams to sign him over the past several months, and that includes trying to convince the Dallas Cowboys to give him another shot. Apparently he has taken that pitch directly to his former team as well.According to ESPN's Ed Werder, Bryant h

Read Full Story

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I don't believe Dak and Dez are the best of friends. If that's not the case I'd take a chance on him. Vet minimum, win the job in camp. If he can't, cut him and move on.
I think if that was the case he’d be looking elsewhere.

Reaction score
I don't believe Dak and Dez are the best of friends. If that's not the case I'd take a chance on him. Vet minimum, win the job in camp. If he can't, cut him and move on.
Dez knows Dak is on the team but he wants to come back anyway. So their disagreements can't be that bad.

But if the team is adding WR's I'd prefer drafting them rather than bringing in old guys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never should have gotten rid of Dallas. He could send that little monkey in with gifts and trinkets and the threat to hump somebody if they don't bring back his owner. Sorry, I just spaced out to the scene in The Rundown with the monkey and pictured drunk ole Booger as the love object and am having trouble typing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he has a right to seek employment and him giving max effort to come back is not a negative.. let the coaches/FO figure it out.. dudes passionate about his return but we shall see how much he is willing to give for it like small non guaranteed contract with some incentives built in and less playing time and being less of a distraction..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

Dez-Bryant.jpg

Dez Bryant has sent numerous tweets campaigning for NFL teams to sign him over the past several months, and that includes trying to convince the Dallas Cowboys to give him another shot. Apparently he has taken that pitch directly to his former team as well.According to ESPN's Ed Werder, Bryant h

Read Full Story
I hope not. he has no history with the coaching staff, so the only people he probably is begging is the Jones' and I hope they don't meddle.

I don't want him anywhere near the locker room or side line. he was below average at the end and now two years removed and coming off serious injury....so diminished skills, volatile personality...what good will it do to bring him in

quickccc

Reaction score
Apparently Dez's camp and agent hasn't been getting through to him as far as needing to re-direct his urge and thoughts to play for other possible NFL teams.
it cant be just do or die with just the Cowboys... Jason Witten is gonna have to find out the same thang ...
I don't want to have to endure all the " snake" talk and locker room distractions Dez can (will?) bring back.

Fact he blew it when he turned down the reported offer from the Ravens a time after his release from Cowboys, as he vastly overestimated himself and thought
he could have the perfect choosing of his choices, have his cake and eat it too.
and it really unrattled with his injury with Saints.

Verdict

Reaction score
I have been as critical of Dez as anyone. I like Dez’ passion for the Dallas Cowboys but i would give a “hard pass” on letting Dez back in the door.

I’m sure it would be a great marketing ploy for the Cowboys organization but otherwise a waste of a roster spot, a headache and a distraction. Coach Mike doesn’t need to be dealing with this headache. And he doesn’t need Witten around either.

Blake

Reaction score
Time to find a new line of work. The assembly line perhaps.