News: LBS: Dez Bryant has reportedly been 'pleading' with Cowboys to bring him back

GenoT

Reaction score
ZZZZ...zzzz...ZZZZ...zzzz...huh?...WHAT??!?...oh...ZZZZ...zzzz...ZZZZ...zzzz...

Tussinman

Reaction score
If you have to plea and beg for a job when your 6 years removed from your prime then it's probably a no.......

aria

Reaction score
All reports I've heard have said the Cowboys have absolutely no interest in bringing him back.

Zero, zilch, nada.

He was a major headache before.
We can only hope.

cern

Reaction score
Desperate times, desperate measures. Really pathetic. He used fan opinion once to get his new deal. He's trying the same ploy again. Not likely to work this time.

cern

Reaction score
It's obvious to me..

the team does not want to prove itself wrong by bringing him in for a tryout..

and Dez proves he could compete for a roster spot.

Dallas would then risk being criticized for cutting him in the first place.

And by not looking at him now, they can sit back and doubt will continue to hover about Dez.

All to protect their decision in the first place.?

And considering they let Dez go because of a supposed boatload of reasons..

Dallas just does not want the negative attention.

I can understand that, except I never understood why he was not offered a pay cut and just retain him until another option came along.?

The whole scenario caused knee jerk reactions from Receiver By Commitee to the desperate trade for Amari for our #1 pick in 2019.

Amari has played well with 2 Pro Bowls since arriving but his mysterious dropoff playing at home has to be answered somehow.

Is it Amari or is it Dak?

Has Dak developed an aversion to Amari as he developed with Dez?

If not, what is it?

Is it Moore's playcalling?

Is it Dak's execution?

Amari's execution?

Was it Garrett's playcalling or pre-game directions that had a negative effect.?

Something is the reason.

So as we remix everything going to the draft and after..

should we rethink signing Amari, instead sign Byron Jones and draft a rookie WR and move our other 1000+ yd WR to #1 WR instead and spend Amari's money's differently?

I am undecided about Cooper and looking to have a viable way to end his high price at just a #1 draft pick.
This draft is a wr rich environment. Signing cooper is hardly a foregone conclusion.

Mannix

Reaction score
At least Dez cares!!! Meanwhile, we may bring back Cooper who sometimes looks as if football is the LAST thing he should concern himself with. The Raiders where 100% correct about him. NO WAY I bring him back....sign Dez and take another WR high in the draft which is VERY receiver rich this year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If they aren’t even willing to give him a try out then I would say no chance. I wonder if he is second guessing turning down that first offer from the ravens. Wasn’t that a 3 year deal for like 7 million a year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
At least Dez cares!!! Meanwhile, we may bring back Cooper who sometimes looks as if football is the LAST thing he should concern himself with. The Raiders where 100% correct about him. NO WAY I bring him back....sign Dez and take another WR high in the draft which is VERY receiver rich this year.
They will grab a WR in the draft. After Gallup’s rookie deal is up he will be gone.

Big_D

Reaction score

And they'll pay Cooper 18 mil per and call it a great deal. I'd take a flyer on Dez. Very low risk at this point.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Let’s bring him back. I miss the days when a ball would go through his hands, hit him in the face mask and it was the QBs fault. Good times.

But now when it happens he will be paid vet minimum instead of top dollar.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Dez has gotten himself in the unenviable position of being on the outside, looking in. Stephen is attempting to be as cordial as humanly possible throughout this saga, by the looks of things. I suspect, in reality, that SJ isn't "chomping at the bit" to welcome Dez back, although, our FO is seemingly capable of anything. I seriously doubt he'll return -- too much drama. :rolleyes:

Last edited: