LBs, DTs, and New England's Recent Draft History.

dwmyers

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
People have their mind made up on Carpenter and Lawson. They can't seem to see beyond that. I love the Gabe Watson pick, yet people would be upset because of what they read about his work ethic. They don't factor in what he brings to the table for anchoring a 3-4 DLine for years to come.

With that monster in the middle, your Defense turns into an elite defense.

I've said all along that their are plenty and I mean plenty of OLB/DE in the draft that can give you just as much as Law/Carp or possibly even more.

It's hard to change the opinions of indivuals who are completely SET in who they like and have seen or read about. You can't convince them of anything else, and that's why alot of people were disappointed about he Kyle Kosier signings. They didn't have them on their list, therefore he was a disappointment.

The deal with someone like Gabe is that he would make Ferguson better. Right now, his backup is Thomas Johnson and hopefully "Pepper" is up to the task. If not, a NT is an important draft choice, and DTs of any skill tend to be drafted above rated value (e.g. Casey Hampton, Dimitrius Underwood, Ryan Pickett).

And as far as focusing in on one potential draftee and have that player be the life and death of the Boys: isn't that just hideously boring?

:eek:

David.

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one really intrigued by Gabe Watson. That guy is a beast when motivated, and I think he'll be motivated with Parcells coaching him.

I also think there is a ton of value at OLB later in the draft. For instance, if you are determined to draft a LB high, I can throw out a lot of nice options in the second and third rounds.

MiStar

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one really intrigued by Gabe Watson. That guy is a beast when motivated, and I think he'll be motivated with Parcells coaching him.

I also think there is a ton of value at OLB later in the draft. For instance, if you are determined to draft a LB high, I can throw out a lot of nice options in the second and third rounds.

... or you can stock up at linebacker. Most rounds, the best value pick will be a linebacker, imo. It's not like we have so many needs that we can't get a little greedy and snatch up a couple very talented linebackers.

MiStar

Reaction score
ddh33 said:

... or you can stock up at linebacker. Most rounds, the best value pick will be a linebacker, imo. It's not like we have so many needs that we can't get a little greedy and snatch up a couple very talented linebackers. :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
1999 -- 28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State

Bobby Carpenter, AJ Hawk = Andy Katzenmoyer:lmao2: :lmao2:

OK, just kidding... but what the hell happened to that guy??

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Bobby Carpenter, AJ Hawk = Andy Katzenmoyer:lmao2: :lmao2:

OK, just kidding... but what the hell happened to that guy??

He had a similiar situation to Dat Nguyen. Had a neck injury. The coach thought he should of been able to play, but Katz wasn't confident that he could.

QT

Reaction score
1999 -- 28 Andy Katzenmoyer LB Ohio State

Remember who the Cowboys got in the 3rd round of this draft?
Dat Nguyen LB Texas A&M