News: LBS: Jaylon Smith addresses reason Cowboys cut him

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jaylon, if you were elite your contract would’ve been relatively cheap.

Instead, you probably don’t belong in the NFL and if you didn’t have a known name you wouldn’t be in the NFL.

nobody

Reaction score
He called himself elite. That's funny. The people defending that statement with "What should he have said?" should consider this. How many players that are considered "elite" by almost everyone claim they are elite? Few if any claim it. They show it on the field.

Jaylon was okay. He wasn't as awful as some claim, and he wasn't as good as some claim. He was definitely on the downward slide of performance. Still he was okay. We just had better available and so they made the business decision to dump him just in case.

But to call yourself elite even if your record doesn't show that to be the case? That's funny.

Adreme

Reaction score
He called himself elite. That's funny. The people defending that statement with "What should he have said?" should consider this. How many players that are considered "elite" by almost everyone claim they are elite? Few if any claim it. They show it on the field.

Jaylon was okay. He wasn't as awful as some claim, and he wasn't as good as some claim. He was definitely on the downward slide of performance. Still he was okay. We just had better available and so they made the business decision to dump him just in case.

But to call yourself elite even if your record doesn't show that to be the case? That's funny.

That is because they are rarely asked, but if you ask any of them they would also call themselves elite and so would the very good and the average.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This guy has 0 self awareness. A simple “the nfl is a business and my focus is to get better and work hard to prove them wrong” or something of that nature. Instead. He said he’s “elite” yet again showing he completely lacking self awareness and a brain.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am ok with him considering himself elite. He has confidence. But saying he always wanted to play for the packers is rude. Thought he always wanted to play for The Cowboys. Maybe that was his mom or dad.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For context ..

This guy had a better grip on reality.

12794458.jpg

nathanlt

Reaction score
ELITE LOL

so he sandbagged his way out of here LOL:lmao2:

Maybe he meant that he was playing NEXT TO an elite player...

Seriously though, I feel for him. I would love to have played for the Cowboys, I would have hung on and tried to make the most of it as long as I could get on the field.