News: LBS: Report: Tony Romo could enter TV free agency next week

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Report: Tony Romo could enter free agency next week

tony-romo-cbs.jpg

Tony Romo's free agency status is a big topic in the sports media world, and things could really begin for the former Dallas Cowboys quarterback next week.Romo's 3-year deal with CBS has expired, and the analyst reportedly is in an exclusive negotiating window with CBS. According to the New York

Read Full Story
Good job Tony, go get em.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish Romo all the best but breaking up the team of Nantz/Romo would be a mistake.

Right, I don't see anyone on here, yet, saying Tony needs to take a home town discount for CBS
Nor do I see them saying he is greedy for wanting more. Yet to see someone say he will be over paid (though many think he was as a QB also for no SB's).
Sorry just had to through that in there, mostly joking. :laugh:

If Tony goes to ESPN or NFLN, what goofball will be be paired with. Maybe NBC dumps Collinsworth and adds Tony. Even though Al needs to go as well.

RoboQB

Reaction score
You should learn to be careful with your words. One lie will lead to another and another and another...

You should learn to identify a joke and treat it as such.
The "lol/jk" at the end of my post should've tipped you off.

RoboQB

Reaction score
You were lying about Dak not Romo.

I wasn't "lying" about anything.
The thread is about Romo and his impending new TV contract.
There are ton of Dak threads mentioning $40 million.

If you lack a sense of humor and are constantly looking for an argument,
I prefer you to just stay clear of me and I'll promise to do the same.

nobody

Reaction score
That’sa lie. Prescott isn’t asking for 40 million.

That's a potential lie. We don't know what he's asking. He could be asking for 40, he could be asking for 35.. We just don't know. Saying "Prescott isn't asking for 40 million" is a potential lie to. Right now we're dealing with Schrodinger's Contract

RoboQB

Reaction score
That's a potential lie. We don't know what he's asking. He could be asking for 40, he could be asking for 35.. We just don't know. Saying "Prescott isn't asking for 40 million" is a potential lie to. Right now we're dealing with Schrodinger's Contract

Or, it could be a play on the limitless threads about Dak tied into some current
Tony Romo news involving a TV contract while having the words "free agency"
included in the title.

I guess being downgraded from liar to potential liar is good...smh.
Does anybody know how to relax and enjoy the internet anymore? lmao.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Right, I don't see anyone on here, yet, saying Tony needs to take a home town discount for CBS
Nor do I see them saying he is greedy for wanting more. Yet to see someone say he will be over paid (though many think he was as a QB also for no SB's).

If Tony goes to ESPN or NFLN, what goofball will be be paired with. Maybe NBC dumps Collinsworth and adds Tony. Even though Al needs to go as well.
This is a capitalist nation so Romo is worth whatever someone is will to pay him. I'm concerned about who he gets paired with because I don't think certain couplings will work.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You’re right. I should’ve said there’s no proof that he is or is not asking for 40 mil. Mistake on my part let’s see if @RoboQB will man up.

cern

Reaction score

he's 100% in the entertainment business now. the days of the meritocracy are gone. did Schwarzenegger deserve 15 million for saying "i'll be back"? he's now considered the best of the broadcasters. he is imo. far better than aikman or anyone else.

cern

Reaction score
You’re right. I should’ve said there’s no proof that he is or is not asking for 40 mil. Mistake on my part let’s see if @RoboQB will man up.
only the jone's and dak and his agent know the asking price and what's been offered. all the rest is pure conjecture.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Man up to what, exactly?

Can you prove that he doesn't want $40 million?
I don't know about you, but I sure as hell would love
to have $40 million.

There's an interview he did with some giddy chick who asked
him if he's worth $40 million a year. His answer, suggests he thinks so.
A big change from his earlier comments on not deserving to be the
highest paid QB which he made just before his agent got hold of him.

He also turned down $33 million (per year) in September.

If he signs, I bet it's for more than $35 million.
In negotiations, neither side usually gets exactly what they want.
So it is quite feasible to claim that Dak's camp is very close to
asking for $40 million.

Your turn to man up.
Apologize for taking the internet so seriously and calling a
complete stranger a liar. But you won't. Not many people do.