News: LBS: Troy Aikman has harsh comments for Cowboys after latest loss

morat1959

Reaction score
Way to miss the point. Guy who saw what a CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL TEAM does under Johnson watched Barry and Jerry pee it all away and finally when he'd had enough, he took his THREE SUPER BOWL RINGS and walked away.

Jerry Jones literally COMPELLED HIS CHAMPIONSHIP QB WITH THREE RINGS to retire early because he could not stand the CLOWN SHOW that team had become.

Am I making myself CLEAR here?
Preach it brotha!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The lack of football smarts by some on this board is amazing. Staubach-Aikman.....Aikman-Staubach.....flip a coin. No other QB even close. We’ve got too many fantasy football guys on this board!

Fantasy football is dumb

75boyz

Reaction score
The man gets paid a million a year to comment on games and shows up in a freaking hoodie.

That is relevant to his head space. Who the $%@% thinks they can wear a hoodie as a commentator?

I don’t know about fashion too much but that coach in New England wears ‘em all the time.

I guess commentating and coaching are way different though, so I guess I see your point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. Troy was a quitter. Why should anyone take him seriously? I would rather listen to a fighter like Michael Irvin than a quitter like Troy. He sucked his last few years btw when he no longer had that Great Wall of Dallas.
Brother, you need to let go of this idea that everyone who loves the team can only say nice things about them. Troy is being honest about them, and anyone who just blows sunshine up Jerry's butt is only enabling him to continue the downward spiral.

Last edited:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Troy Aikman has harsh comments for Cowboys after latest loss

troy-aikman-jay-z.jpg

Troy Aikman has not shown any bias towards his former team while calling their games for FOX this season. In fact, the opposite has been true; he has been hard on them, and that was especially the case after the team threw up a stinker on Thursday night. After Dallas lost 31-24 to the Chicago Bea

Read Full Story
Stinker?
The stench was horrible!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Brother, you need to let go of this idea that everyone who loves the team can only say nice things about them. Troy is being honest about them, and anyone who just blows sunshine up Jerry's butt is only enabling him to continue the downward spiral.
Brother, what is Troy trying to prove other than just ridicule Dak by saying Dak is just "padding up" his stats? He sounds petty. How about when Troy "padded up" his stats a lot during his last 4 years when he no longer had the best Oline, best WR and best Defense to back him up? I didn't see him carry the team, especially for being a 3 time SB champ and SB MVP. Am I right or wrong?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How about something called free agency.
And? Romo and Dak have had to play their careers during free agency. Where was Troy during his last 4 career years which happened during the salary capped free agency years and he no longer was surrounded with the best of everything money could buy? If he was so good/great, especially for being a 3 time SB champ and SB MVP, why wasn't he able to carry the team his last several years? It's not so easy playing with a team during the salary cap.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brother, what is Troy trying to prove other than just ridicule Dak by saying Dak is just "padding up" his stats? He sounds petty. How about when Troy "padded up" his stats a lot during his last 4 years when he no longer had the best Oline, best WR and best Defense to back him up? I didn't see him carry the team, especially for being a 3 time SB champ and SB MVP. Am I right or wrong?
I don't think it was his intention to diss Dak, but rather pointing out the reality that adding points at the end of the game was simply going to make the offense look better than it really is, thereby giving the FO less urgency to do something about it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I don't think it was his intention to diss Dak, but rather pointing out the reality that adding points at the end of the game was simply going to make the offense look better than it really is, thereby giving the FO less urgency to do something about it.
he's just embarrassing himself. he should just stop.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What did he want the offense to do? Quit? Stay in the locker room at halftime? What? He doesn't make sense. If he has a beef with this team, why doesn't he call Jerry and talk to him in private, instead of bashing the team and ownership live on air for all to see?