League hypocrisy on Suspensions

leeblair

Reaction score
So I heard on a show this morning how it is looking more and more like Rashee Rice wont miss time THIS YEAR.

We have ak seen the video, how is it possible this guy is not on the Commissioners Exempt list for this season until his legal issues are dealt with. Regardless of what he ultimately please down to, we saw what happened.

Also, I have heard almost no pushback to him being on the field. Not in the media, not from fans...as a matter of fact, Ive heard next to nothing on him at all. Now just imagine if CeeDee Lamb had been the person that did this. You wouldnt go a day without heard spending an entire segment on this. Another example of differences in how players from different teams are dealt with... or even owners that quietly had their "Massage," case go away without a peep.
MY OPINION is that Roger Goodell is a mortal cancer to the NFL, letting them live while silently killing them.
I think, while he makes them money, the damages he is doing will eventually kill them.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MY OPINION is that Roger Goodell is a mortal cancer to the NFL, letting them live while silently killing them.
I think, while he makes them money, the damages he is doing will eventually kill them.
He is basically doing what the owners want him to and takes all the heat for them. We all have our notions of what is "fair" and we have been operating under the misconception that all the rules are evenly applied on and off the field,,, but they're not! Bottom line is the NFL regularly massages the rules to suit the bottom line !

wecasa

Reaction score
Did Sam Williams miss time for the crash he was involved in a couple years ago? Besides missing a game with injuries from the wreck.

Brax

Reaction score
So I heard on a show this morning how it is looking more and more like Rashee Rice wont miss time THIS YEAR.

We have ak seen the video, how is it possible this guy is not on the Commissioners Exempt list for this season until his legal issues are dealt with. Regardless of what he ultimately please down to, we saw what happened.

Also, I have heard almost no pushback to him being on the field. Not in the media, not from fans...as a matter of fact, Ive heard next to nothing on him at all. Now just imagine if CeeDee Lamb had been the person that did this. You wouldnt go a day without heard spending an entire segment on this. Another example of differences in how players from different teams are dealt with... or even owners that quietly had their "Massage," case go away without a peep.
If this was CD you would be saying let the legal system play out. I’m sure you never made a mistake or broke the speed limit. If he’s found guilty I’m sure the NFL will take action. He may end up with jail time depending on the charges and outcome.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If this was CD you would be saying let the legal system play out. I’m sure you never made a mistake or broke the speed limit. If he’s found guilty I’m sure the NFL will take action. He may end up with jail time depending on the charges and outcome.
IM 54 years old. I have a Corvette and a Honda CBR 1000rr capable of doing over 175 mph. What I have never done in my 54 years was race on a highway... or ANY other road for that matter. I have never crashed into someone causing injuries and then casually got out of my vehicle and walked away from the scene. So please dont try to tell me what I have and havent done. If this were CeeDee, I wouldnt care if the league suspended them for 10 games or more. That clown and his "Posee," could have killed someone. My point is simply had it been CeeDee, the media would be on this story daily and asking why he is being allowed to play. In addition, the league likely wouldnt let him play. But because its the Chiefs, there is noting.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested Sunday on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, according to Frisco Police.

Yeah I thought he was for sure getting suspended.
I actually missed this. I wonder what happened, I cant imagine this hasnt already been dealt with in the courts. Honestly, its Texas, so I wonder what the law is in regards to the gun. Do you need a concealed carry permit to have a gun in your car? In any event, what a moron having a round in the chamber and the gun just sitting in a pocket in a seat... total fool.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
they stole almost $2 million worth of stuff.
I guess there are limits.
but on "small" stuff (under $1000 or so) he's absolutely right and we both know it.

Of course, it's not small cost in the end. Businesses don't eat that, they pass that cost on to paying suckers like you and me.
But @erod is unfortunately very correct in his assertion.
his comment was NOT correct, and I showed it. You just dismissed it. New laws have just been passed to deal with these clowns.

Scotman

Reaction score

CD Lamb took heat for taking his phone away from his girlfriend when he was drafted. The 13 second clip of him taking his phone, or "snatched" as they put it, got MILLIONS of views on Twitter alone. If he did the same thing as Rice? It wouldn't end well for Lamb or the Cowboys.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys defensive end Sam Williams was arrested Sunday on charges of possession of a controlled substance and unlawful carrying of a weapon, according to Frisco Police.

Yeah I thought he was for sure getting suspended.
I just looked up a few things about this. Apparently, the gun charge is a misdemeanor. The weed charge.... who know wha tthe lawyer will be able to do with it.
Apparently, this is still in the legal system. This also shows you the difference between a guy that can pay for a lawyer and a low income guy who would have already spent some time in county over this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I just looked up a few things about this. Apparently, the gun charge is a misdemeanor. The weed charge.... who know wha tthe lawyer will be able to do with it.
Apparently, this is still in the legal system. This also shows you the difference between a guy that can pay for a lawyer and a low income guy who would have already spent some time in county over this.
Right. I remember this place freaking out over it….guns and weed….i was more disappointed he was going 72 in a 45 with that stuff on him then actually having it on him. But even then I was shocked a suspension didn’t come.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CD Lamb took heat for taking his phone away from his girlfriend when he was drafted. The 13 second clip of him taking his phone, or "snatched" as they put it, got MILLIONS of views on Twitter alone. If he did the same thing as Rice? It wouldn't end well for Lamb or the Cowboys.
Lamb became a legend that day though lol.

Brax

Reaction score
IM 54 years old. I have a Corvette and a Honda CBR 1000rr capable of doing over 175 mph. What I have never done in my 54 years was race on a highway... or ANY other road for that matter. I have never crashed into someone causing injuries and then casually got out of my vehicle and walked away from the scene. So please dont try to tell me what I have and havent done. If this were CeeDee, I wouldnt care if the league suspended them for 10 games or more. That clown and his "Posee," could have killed someone. My point is simply had it been CeeDee, the media would be on this story daily and asking why he is being allowed to play. In addition, the league likely wouldnt let him play. But because its the Chiefs, there is noting.
Glad you clarified you are number one lawful driver who drives that vette at the speed limit and have never done anything wrong. I’m not condoning anything simply saying let it play out, you have tried to make a narrative that doesn’t exist yet.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Glad you clarified you are number one lawful driver who drives that vette at the speed limit and have never done anything wrong. I’m not condoning anything simply saying let it play out, you have tried to make a narrative that doesn’t exist yet.
What narrative did I push? The narrative that a fool was racing on a highway? The narrative that a fool crashed into people causing injury? The narrative that the same fool exited his vehicle, never checked on those that were injured and casually walked away? The narrative that if a Cowboys player did this the media would be dealing with this very differently?

Those are basically facts, not a narrative.

Brax

Reaction score
What narrative did I push? The narrative that a fool was racing on a highway? The narrative that a fool crashed into people causing injury? The narrative that the same fool exited his vehicle, never checked on those that were injured and casually walked away? The narrative that if a Cowboys player did this the media would be dealing with this very differently?

Those are basically facts, not a narrative.
The tin foil hat narrative that the Cowboys are unjustly treating by the NFL

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The tin foil hat narrative that the Cowboys are unjustly treating by the NFL
you dont pay attention if you dont think Zeke was treated differently. No tin foil hat needed. How many times has cowheard or others been discussing the holdouts in SF compare to time spent on Lamb? You think they are equal?

Brax

Reaction score
you dont pay attention if you dont think Zeke was treated differently. No tin foil hat needed. How many times has cowheard or others been discussing the holdouts in SF compare to time spent on Lamb? You think they are equal?
Jerry likes relevance

BoysForLife

Reaction score
his comment was NOT correct, and I showed it. You just dismissed it. New laws have just been passed to deal with these clowns.
Yeah. No.

He's pretty much spot on unless something is so grotesque (in the $2 million neighborhood) that they have no choice.
For every one of these large $$ smash and grabbers that actually gets prosecuted, hundreds or even thousands of "lesser" offenders go scot free with zero penalties.

If you want to act like that's not the reality, be my guest. It's a free country and that includes the freedom to deny reality if you so choose.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think they're slower to react I mean it seems like ever since elliott's ridiculous suspension they've changed a lot I think they're gonna wait and see what the court system does and they're gonna take longer investigating if you're talking about rice and some other players he will end up getting suspended probably but it just isn't immediate they're gonna wait as a matter of fact with Elliott even after the investigation he shouldn't have been suspended but they took a while before they decided to suspend him.. You're saying it's always been inconsistent and all over the place but it almost seemed like Elias suspension and all the blowback it got made the league a little more apprehensive about doing it right away without a better investigation because this stuff just gets thrown all over the social media...
The Zeke suspension seemed personal. I would love to know what that really was about. I think other owners were involved with the outcome. Not everyone loves our owner. It’s not just us fans.