League-Wide Final 53 Cuts

Sydla

Reaction score
Nix is an interesting name. Problem is he's quirky and lazy. When he wants to play he can be good. But he often doesn't want to.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Bucs released DeQuan Bowers

Bills cut Quinton Groves

Also there was a trade; Falcons traded for Titian's OG, Andy Levitre

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure if the 24 hour waiver period applies to the entire league beginning at a certain time (say, from 4 pm EST Sat)
Or does it apply to each player as they are released.

If it's the latter, there could be a first mover advantage to drop a potential PS squad guy early before everyone has made their final cut decisions and cleared room.
Plus many don't want to use their waiver position too soon.

In this case, if you cut a marginal player now, his waiver cycle would end before most teams have even cut their rosters.

It is 24 hours from the time of the cut, IIRC.

Vested veterans like Darnell Docket are not subject to waivers.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Buffalo cut RBs Cierre Wood and Bronson Hill...also FB John Conner

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That's so stupid. There's an art and strategy to when you make cuts.

Of course, Chip is the best coach in football, so there's nothing anybody can do to stop him.

I can't stand Chip either, but at least they are trading their valuable assets, unlike the Cowboys. I hope they explored some trades before releasing Gardner or anyone else.

erod

Reaction score
I can't stand Chip either, but at least they are trading their valuable assets, unlike the Cowboys. I hope they explored some trades before releasing Gardner or anyone else.

I think they're hoping they can get him on the practice squad somehow. Unlikely, but his short arms scare teams off.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Falcons cut rookie CB, Kevin White.

I guess I thought he might stick

They also cut QBs Grossman and Yates. No thanks though

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
http://i471.***BLOCKED***/albums/rr75/jobberone/Screen%20Shot%202015-09-04%20at%2011.23.05%20PM_zps1rbl2ura.png

Reactions: BAT

Questfor6

Reaction score
Bears cut Mason Foster which is a surprise given how terrible they are defensively. Read today that PFF rated him a top 10 ILB through the 2015 preseason, possible Brinkley replacement?

Reactions: BAT

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dolphins cut Josh Freeman
The free fall continues

And to think not long g ago people wanted him over Romo.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Dolphins cut Josh Freeman
The free fall continues

And to think not long g ago people wanted him over Romo.

What happened to that guy? Jeez.

Edit: Just looking at his stats, you can see that he regressed after 2010, but not to some huge degree which would explain him being completely out of football a few years later. I dunno. I think of him in a more positive light than I do someone like Brandon Weeden.

Last edited:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Bears cut Mason Foster which is a surprise given how terrible they are defensively. Read today that PFF rated him a top 10 ILB through the 2015 preseason, possible Brinkley replacement?

One of Hos' pet cats