Twitter: League won't investigate Dalrymple incident

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a difference in taking photos of someone in that costume while they are on the job vs someone sneaking into a closed locker room while they are changing/getting naked and watching them without consent.

The fact that you would not understand or care about the difference is really disgusting.
It must not have mattered to them as much as it matters to you because they took money.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
The league only punishes the Cowboys on the field. They don't want us to win, but they don't mind us making money... for them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Another reason this issue should be over is the fact Darlymple stepped down a week before this became public. He is no longer an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and I think the NFL is satisfied in that both parties likely agreed to the split.

Gaede

Reaction score
Not a good look for the league. Especially if/when worse things come out.

Of course, they drop everything to investigate players, suspend them, fine them, punish them ... But when it comes to owners, they're hands off. No biggie! Shocker.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congress might not be satisfied because they weren't with the NFL's handling of the WFT situation.

The NFL has nothing to gain in investigating this and what reason would they use?

Well, its a chance for NFL brass to fraternize with cheerleaders. There's that! Plus, Those vids need to be investigated in the privacy of a hotel room to make sure their is nothing else embarrassing for the NFL.

I can't believe they are punting on this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If I recall they had a Rich Dalrymple type peeking tom in Debbie Does Dallas. This embarrassment could bring on a whole new series of sequels. Ron Jeremy could play Jerry if he wasn’t dealing with his own set of problems.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
There's a difference in taking photos of someone in that costume while they are on the job vs someone sneaking into a closed locker room while they are changing/getting naked and watching them without consent.

The fact that you would not understand or care about the difference is really disgusting.

It’s creepy, but they decided not to pursue charges. Forgive me for not feeling appalled at the situation when the victims simply settled for a huge payday.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
hands-passing-money-under-table-corruption-bribery-picture-id851497470

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I hope Congress investigates. I was initially sold by the Cowboys' statements, but at this point I think it smells like a cover up for their boy Rich.
Hell yes it does....seriously....Jerry should have lost the team when he was caught in the crapper doing lines with hookers....and the pics made headlines.

That should tell you everything you need to know about creepy Jerry.

He played it off as just having a good time....when really....it boarders on pedophilia.

Adreme

Reaction score
It’s creepy, but they decided not to pursue charges. Forgive me for not feeling appalled at the situation when the victims simply settled for a huge payday.

I mean civil and criminal are two separate things. They can do nothing but settle for a payday. It is entirely up to the discretion of prosecutors whether to charge people with crimes. The victims could not force a prosecutor into action.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's good to be one of the good ole boys. They get away with everything. :rolleyes:

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I mean civil and criminal are two separate things. They can do nothing but settle for a payday. It is entirely up to the discretion of prosecutors whether to charge people with crimes. The victims could not force a prosecutor into action.

and a "Victim," that accepts a big payday and the tells prosecutors they wont testify end the case. Dont blame prosecutors when the ladies go silent. Cash is king.

MajesticRey

Reaction score

They could very well report it to the authorities and someone would investigate. An arrest warrant could be issued even on circumstantial evidence, which there surely is because he ADMITTED to being at the scene. Based on the information available, seems they went straight to the settlement.

Adreme

Reaction score
They could very well report it to the authorities and someone would investigate. An arrest warrant could be issued even on circumstantial evidence, which there surely is because he ADMITTED to being at the scene. Based on the information available, seems they went straight to the settlement.

Because the settlement is the only real justice you are going to get. What do you imagine is the best case for a prosecutor even IF they decide to go forward. At best you get a couple misdemeanors he gets a couple years probation and nothing comes of it and that is assuming everything goes the best possible way. Then you are right back where you started with the civil case.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I'm hoping happens. I hope Congress gets involved and finds enough trash on the Jones to force them out of the league. Then we can get a real owner and a real GM and have a real chance at winning again.
Careful what you wish for. We assume the new ownership would be better, but you never know.