Lebron James "Blown Away" by Nets

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/07/nets_definitely_in_the_game_as.html

Im just deciding who I want next to him. I prefer Amare over Bosh to be honest

He listened attentively to Prokhorov and Razumov as they explained how they will expand his profile on a global scale. He heard Thorn and Johnson share their plan for building a championship-caliber roster with a long shelf life. He was given an evocative demonstration by Yormark about how he could become not only King of Brooklyn, but of all of New York.

And then, according to reporters at the scene, Jay-Z stayed behind to reinforce the Nets’ bullet points and get a feel for how his 25-year-old protégé reacted to the presentation.

It didn’t take long to discern that James was blown away.

According to one Nets official, James also gave them a candid warning that the team should prepare to have enough room under the salary cap to afford two maximum-value contracts should he decide that New Jersey is his next destination.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
If Lebron goes to NY or NJ, he will prove that he only cares about money. The only difference between NJ/NY and Cleveland is that their is a bigger media market for him to brand himself in.

Yeah their will be plenty of glitz and glamour in New York, but their will be no rings. Plus, he'd be playing for Avery with the Nets who has been without a head coaching job for a good while now mostly because he has a history of being labeled 'Hitler' by his former players.

I like Lebron, and I would love for him to come to Dallas but I don't see that happening.

I hope he either stays in Cleveland, or goes to Miami. I would personally love to see a Wade + Lebron + Bosh/Stoudamire three-headed monster.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that Lebron is already looking for a new home in NYC

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
xout;3449148 said:
If Lebron goes to NY or NJ, he will prove that he only cares about money. The only difference between NJ/NY and Cleveland is that their is a bigger media market for him to brand himself in.

Yeah their will be plenty of glitz and glamour in New York, but their will be no rings. Plus, he'd be playing for Avery with the Nets who has been without a head coaching job for a good while now mostly because he has a history of being labeled 'Hitler' by his former players.

I like Lebron, and I would love for him to come to Dallas but I don't see that happening.

I hope he either stays in Cleveland, or goes to Miami. I would personally love to see a Wade + Lebron + Bosh/Stoudamire three-headed monster.

Theyd be one of the 3 best teams in the league if he signs up and brings Amare or Bosh

Nets awaiting word from LeBron to clear more space to have second full max; would have to move Kris Humphries' contract to get 33 mill under
[/URL]

Basically that means they would hand over that player to a team and give them $3M to take him. It clears the way for Bosh or Amare

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3449152 said:
So what..he just built a 30000 sq foot mansion in Cleveland.
well if he is looking for a home in NYC during a time where he is being pursued by the Nets who are going to be moved to Brooklyn in the next couple of years......

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah and they said Mike D'Antoni (Knicks) came out of their meeting visibly excited. I think James is playing up to them. He knows exactly where he is going already I'm sure. I think it would be an extremely tough sell to get him to go to the Nets. Sure, they are moving to Brooklyn which is WAY better than New Jersey, but that is at least two years away and I'm sure he doesn't want to be playing in New Jersey for that long.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This just in - according to the Knicks and reporters at the scene, LeBron was blown away by the Knicks.

He also got a few phone calls from the Mavericks, Wizards, Magic, Lakers, and Spurs, and was blown away by them too.

:rolleyes:

He's going back to Cleveland.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3449155 said:
Theyd be one of the 3 best teams in the league if he signs up and brings Amare or Bosh

You are kidding yourself. They still won't be as good as the Lakers or the Celtics, and maybe not even a team like Denver or Utah.

And then in your first post, you prefer Stoudemire over Bosh? Just stop posting about basketball right now...like, don't even post anymore. Ever.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
casmith07;3449355 said:

This I am not so sure about. I think Lebron wants a parter in crime. (read big man) Obviously that isn't going to be Wade because I don't think Wade wants any part of having Lebron on the same team stealing his thunder.

IMO I think Lebron is going to team up with Amare somewhere (can't do that in Cleveland) and Bosh is heading to Miami to play with Wade.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
casmith07;3449355 said:
This just in - according to the Knicks and reporters at the scene, LeBron was blown away by the Knicks.

He also got a few phone calls from the Mavericks, Wizards, Magic, Lakers, and Spurs, and was blown away by them too.

:rolleyes:

PDcavsinsider

Here's what I hear from yesterday: LeBron interested in Nets pitch but not so much NY. NY trying at moment to secure Amare' to help cause

casmith07;3449356 said:
You are kidding yourself. They still won't be as good as the Lakers or the Celtics, and maybe not even a team like Denver or Utah..

The Celtics? W/ that over the hill gang is going to keep up w/ Lebron and guard Lopez?(Maybe Bosh/Amare)

We need to see what Utah does w/ their roster first. Theyre looking to cut salary. The Nuggets might be on the verge of rebuilding.

Id go Lakers, Magic, Nets.

And then in your first post, you prefer Stoudemire over Bosh? Just stop posting about basketball right now...like, don't even post anymore. Ever.[

I dont go by fantasy numbers. Amare would fit that group better. He works better w/o the ball. Bosh is a 1 on 1 player and doesnt know how to fit into an offense that isnt bult around him. Amare has a higher bball IQ and can move w/o the ball. He can operate in the post or play PnR will Lebron. His defense is better than Bosh's as well.

Ill deny I said any of this if we sign him though

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Amare's defense is weak, sans his weakside help.
Also, Amare is a horrific rebounder.

Bosh > Amare.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3449615 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v244/ju1092/billupstokmartlolbosh.gif

6.6 rebounds per game in 36.5 minutes per game during the playoffs.

Jason Kidd averaged more rebounds per game in the playoffs this year than Amare.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3449226 said:
well if he is looking for a home in NYC during a time where he is being pursued by the Nets who are going to be moved to Brooklyn in the next couple of years......

Uh so what. It's New York City dude. Anyone that oozes money buys a place in New York City. It's not like if Lincoln Nebraska had an NBA team and he bought a house in Lincoln. We're talking about NYC.

Move along now..