Lee out

Pants

Reaction score
If goff is running for his life, he won't be throwing squeaky clean passes. Prediction: 2 ints, one to Lewis

Proximo

Reaction score
No official word yet. Game time decision and up to Lee. Best he sits and most of you are overrating the Rams like they are a Super bowl contender. With Lee or without we are winning this one easily. They have beaten 2 lousy football teams people!!!

Guy, I like your confidence.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Be confused all you want but go back and watch Palmer throw right at Lee all the way down the field. Denver game Lee was terrible in coverage as well. I get it people love Lee but let's call it like it is.

By the way Jaylon has played way less snaps then Lee. Per snap Jaylon has been the better player

Jaylon hasn't been close to Lee. C'mon man. You know stats only tell one part of a story and can be extremely deceiving.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
The most important aspect of this game for our defense is the DL continuing to dominate the line of scrimmage like we did against the Giants and the Cardinals. The Rams OL is mediocre. If we get pressure on Goff he will make mistakes.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Sean Lee is out per 105.3 the fan.

Talking about Durant being one of the smartest guys on team, but at 32 how many snaps today before he runs out of gas? And they are saying the team still hasn't decided who will have the green dot helmet, the one with the headset. Durant or Jaylon Smith. There could be some communication issues today with the sideline.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not a surprise, and probably wise from a long-term standpoint. Next man up.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Lee's value is more than just making tackles.

Not having our defensive field general available decreases our chances of a win for sure.

In fact, losing him probably moves the needle more than anyone not named Dak or Zeke.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Jaylon hasn't been close to Lee. C'mon man. You know stats only tell one part of a story and can be extremely deceiving.
I look at the facts and don't have bias towards a player whether good or bad. You explain then how 1 player plays every snap and another player plays spot duty but both have almost the same tackles.

Jaylon per snap has been better then Lee. Crazy part is Jaylon is essentially a rookie and not 100 percent.

I'm glad we have 2 very good LBers but this false statement that Lee has been great in coverage is silly. Jaylon has the speed to get to the ball carrier while Lee relies on instincts.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The most important aspect of this game for our defense is the DL continuing to dominate the line of scrimmage like we did against the Giants and the Cardinals. The Rams OL is mediocre. If we get pressure on Goff he will make mistakes.
I agree. We have to continue our pass rush to make up for Lee being out. Physically Jaylon can make the plays but Lee is so cerebral. Jaylon has been better in diagnosing plays but not on the level of Lee yet

Aven8

Reaction score
Gonna be our undoing IMO this year. The LB core I mean.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Durant at Weakside?

I was thinking maybe Wilson slides over? Wilbur takes on the SLB responsibilities? Durant still plays in the dime and splits reps with Jaylon-- particularly if Jaylon is not able to effectively call the defense and get everyone lined up correctly.

Nirvana

Reaction score
I say give the green dot helmet to Jaylon, tell him this is his moment to step into his leadership role on this team, and let him go get it. Ride or die with him at the helm of the defense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could be wrong but I don't believe SL has missed any games due to injury in 2 years? Maybe 3?

I haven't checked but I can't recall him missing significant playing time since 2013/2014

2015, we were up on Atlanta like 28-7 or whatever it was. He left with a concussion, and that is when Atlanta made their comeback. Actually Weeden played a very good 1st half. it all fell apart after that, as well as the season.
I think Lee was back the next week.

fishspill

Reaction score
Not having Lee hurts. Hope the Rams aren’t as good as they’ve looked so far.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Be confused all you want but go back and watch Palmer throw right at Lee all the way down the field. Denver game Lee was terrible in coverage as well. I get it people love Lee but let's call it like it is.

By the way Jaylon has played way less snaps then Lee. Per snap Jaylon has been the better player

Smith has not been better than Lee...not even close.