Leg whip tackle on Zeke. almost another Dak situation

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m not sure what they call that but I was never taught to tackle like that

I do see the opportunity for that to cause injury though

Yes it was poor tackling technique.. Especially considering you're trying to bring down a 220 pound guy with a head of steam. We were always taught to start around the waist and work down the body to the legs. Nobody can run without legs.. By grabbing Zeke up top #27 allowed himself to be dragged for 5 more yards.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
yeah this isn’t what a leg whip is

I know it was not a pure leg whip but there's not really a name for the technique that I could come up with so I went with that one.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
There are many on here that would’ve been ecstatic if Zeke had been hurt on that play.

Who? The only person that dogs Zeke is Sir Rockport. Zeke is the man this season.

JustChip

Reaction score
Who? The only person that dogs Zeke is Sir Rockport. Zeke is the man this season.
Rock ain’t alone. Zeke has been a favored whipping boy since signing the contract. Just do a search for all the Pollard vs. Zeke posts.

JBS

Reaction score
No he doesn't. It's easier (and less dangerous) to tackle a big back by taking out his legs than using this method. If the guy wraps Zeke up around the legs he makes the tackle 5 yards sooner and doesn't risk hurting him. That is how they teach you to bring backs down. Grabbing a powerful guy up around the shoulders is just asking to go for a ride. Nobody said it was dirty.. It was just dangerous and unnecessarily so.

Of course it isn’t the proper technique. You go low on zeke and get trucked. Tell me how fun it is

MarcusRock

Reaction score
When you look at the replay on the reverse angle, the DB actually makes sure to land on his feet and not fall on the back of Zeke's legs, so I think he was trying to avoid hurting Zeke. Almost had a horse collar effect though.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Rock ain’t alone. Zeke has been a favored whipping boy since signing the contract. Just do a search for all the Pollard vs. Zeke posts.

Well, count me out because I like both of them. They compliment each just right.

Do you realize that if not for a missed field goal and I think two missed extra points against TB the Cowboys could have been undefeated so far!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Oh there are others.. CalPoly, Aria, CowboyRoy to name a few.. Catch claims Pollard is a top 10 back whom Zeke is holding back..

Hmm, I guess must have missed some of those posts. I don't pay any attention to CowboyRoy, he just like to argue and start stuff for his enjoyment.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Of course it isn’t the proper technique. You go low on zeke and get trucked. Tell me how fun it is

27 came in from the side thus there was no danger of getting trucked and being posterized. Come in waist high, wrap him up around the legs and the play ends there with no chance of anybody getting hurt. I'm not calling the dude dirty I am merely pointing out that this tackling technique needs to be coached out of the game just as they have done with leading with the helmet. I mean I see dudes doing it with Derrick Henry which usually ends up with them being tossed aside like little kids trying to tackle their dad. But proper tackling is pretty much a lost art in the modern NFL anyway.. Except when Micah Parsons is stalking fools!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
27 came in from the side thus there was no danger of getting trucked and being posterized. Come in waist high, wrap him up around the legs and the play ends there with no chance of anybody getting hurt. I'm not calling the dude dirty I am merely pointing out that this tackling technique needs to be coached out of the game just as they have done with leading with the helmet. I mean I see dudes doing it with Derrick Henry which usually ends up with them being tossed aside like little kids trying to tackle their dad. But proper tackling is pretty much a lost art in the modern NFL anyway.. Except when Micah Parsons is stalking fools!

lmao...he's a bad mutha(shut your mouth)!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When you look at the replay on the reverse angle, the DB actually makes sure to land on his feet and not fall on the back of Zeke's legs, so I think he was trying to avoid hurting Zeke. Almost had a horse collar effect though.

Look again.. 27 clearly SITS on Zeke's left leg.. If Zeke's cleat had gotten caught in the turf his leg gets snapped in two.

glimmerman

Reaction score
For all the people bashing lamb last week for celebrating before the end zone owe him an apology. He could’ve lost his cool and cost us 15
They fined him for that. And players do this and don’t get fined. And after he crossed he was shoved down and that’s a reaction to what he did. It should have been called or a fine handed out. Now we see this guy totally lose his crap and literally try to choke him out. This was blatant as the guy that stomped Andrea Geroud or what ever his name was that had to have stitches. It’s was very much intentional and they watched and let him get away with it. He does it and walked off like oh well and Lamb looked at him and shook his head that they got away with it. He could have waived at him but they would fine him. Stupid refs and the commish that’s made 120 million in the last 2 years and is doing what he can to hold The Cowboys back because JJ wanted him fired.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What football was Cooper carrying...? It was not a official ball.
Well Dak ran him down. Looked like he is still injured. But is moving. The way they kept Rush in the pocket they maybe could play Dak and let him set in the pocket and make throws. He could have picked the vikings apart.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Look again.. 27 clearly SITS on Zeke's left leg.. If Zeke's cleat had gotten caught in the turf his leg gets snapped in two.

I have video and as I said, the DB made an effort to stand after he was coming down to the ground with Zeke's legs underneath him. He didn't have to do that. If he lets his body weight come all the way down to the ground, Zeke could have been hurt but the DB prevented that.