Video: Leighton "The Stonefish" Vander Esch

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Man, how many nicknames does this kid have? No wonder he's such a great defensive player.

It's important to establish your own nickname or Rod will give you one--and you don't want that.

12823272-the-statue-stands-as-a-majestic-golden-chicken.jpg

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish he would do less celebrating. I don't know when this "look at me" BS started after every freaking play. Its not just him. Its everybody but maybe Amari Cooper ......who acts like he's done this before.

I think he did the wolf call thing once in a spontaneous moment of excitement, and because it got such a positive reaction he feels he needs to do it more often. I don't think some players realize that spontaneous displays of excitement are really what get the fans excited with him, and that when it becomes rehearsed or premeditated it loses steam. At that point it seems less genuine and more just a snippet of rehearsed theater.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish he would do less celebrating. I don't know when this "look at me" BS started after every freaking play. Its not just him. Its everybody but maybe Amari Cooper ......who acts like he's done this before.

Did you see a huge celebration after Zeke's TD last Saturday night?
NO.
Because there wasn't one. He scored, he turned around and his teammates came over and basically said, good run.
I don't even think he did the feed me gesture.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he did the wolf call thing once in a spontaneous moment of excitement, and because it got such a positive reaction he feels he needs to do it more often. I don't think some players realize that spontaneous displays of excitement are really what gets the fans excited with him, and that when it becomes rehearsed or premeditated it loses steam. We like genuine, spontaneous displays of excitement over snippets of rehearsed theater.

Right like all the posing crap. Eagles seem to do that after every play. Just stupid.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It's most players in the league. Notariety gets you paid $$$$$

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's most players in the league. Notariety gets you paid $$$$$

Notariety based on effectively playing the game gets you paid. Zekes next big pay day won't be based on his "feed me" gesture, it will be based on him being at or near the top of the NFL in rushing every season.

sbark

Reaction score
Did you see a huge celebration after Zeke's TD last Saturday night?
NO.
Because there wasn't one. He scored, he turned around and his teammates came over and basically said, good run.
I don't even think he did the feed me gesture.
agree on LVE overdoing it,
I think its something he will reduce as his vet status rises......maybe S..Lee could throw a hint at him

erod

Reaction score
No kidding. I wish he'd stop celebrating every single tackle.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Notariety based on effectively playing the game gets you paid. Zekes next big pay day won't be based on his "feed me" gesture, it will be based on him being at or near the top of the NFL in rushing every season.

You can make plays on some teams and the rest of the NFL wouldn't know it. This all starts in HS, then bigger in college, and so forth. For LVE other players told him to start doing something so he began howling. Now everyone has heard of the wolf Hunter even if he doesn't make a play.