Signed by Cowboys Leighton Vander Esch signed for 2 Years

jujoboys

Reaction score
This is great news. Vander Esch is harder to replace than most realize.
Signed our top 2 leading tacklers today in Donavan Wilson and LVE. Basically replaced Anthony Brown with Stephon Gilmore. Gilmore is a 1 year rental that can help mentor a young CB that we draft this year. I like the moves we are making right now.

stiletto

Reaction score
I like this signing! We all seen how badly the defense played without him. And Clark has someone to learn behind!
He had a decent year, he's an average LB and is getting I guess average money. Would be nice to upgrade somehow. The Cowboys cannot stand throwing money at their own guys if it fits the budget, god forbid giving a little more to a much better player..

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
He had a decent year, he's an average LB and is getting I guess average money. Would be nice to upgrade somehow. The Cowboys cannot stand throwing money at their own guys if it fits the budget, god forbid giving a little more to a much better player..
Clark is the upgrade. He just needs to settle in and eventually he'll earn the MLB spot!

lkelly

Reaction score
Believe Jaylen Smith is still available!
The 18 year old Mayor of Earle, Arkansas? Still better than Jaylon Smith.

_127924598_screenshot2022-12-07at6.14.11pm.png

Kwyn

Reaction score
Luke warm on it at best. I would have preferred to move on.
For that money, you would be hard pressed to do better.

If you wanted to invest a 3rd or 4th round pick and hope we hit on it, yeah, I guess, but we have some other needs too.

erod

Reaction score
Good deal for a guy who had a really solid year. Still want Wagner, too, if he's healthy.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Good deal, also helps Clark with his expected 2nd year jump, and both players another year removed from their surgeries.
I would expect another LBer drafted with a lower round pick as we lost Gifford today - ace special teamer.
Hope LVE can stay healthy it's a solid move, not great but with the salary it's solid.

Praxit

Reaction score
...its a good thing. LVE when healthy is stud prospect. He makes defense better.