Leinart?

Weber

Reaction score
I know I'm thinking a little in advance but I've seen no threads on this topic. I believe Leinart is the best pro quality qb to come out in a while. Better than Palmer who, to this point, seems to be the real deal. The Boys should make the playoffs which would put us up around the 20th pick or higher.

What do you all think it would take to get this man wearing the star next year or is it even possible?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Weber said:
I know I'm thinking a little in advance but I've seen no threads on this topic. I believe Leinart is the best pro quality qb to come out in a while. Better than Palmer who, to this point, seems to be the real deal. The Boys should make the playoffs which would put us up around the 20th pick or higher.

What do you all think it would take to get this man wearing the star next year or is it even possible?
It isn't even possible.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Theres been a handful of threads. My opinion is we wont go QB at all next year, and even if we did, I dont like Leinart, I think hes overrated. Anybody can look good with that team.

But if in 2 years Henson isnt ready, I say we go with Brian Brohm. This guy has Hensons arm, but with the head of ...Aikman

Plus more importantly, we need a FS. Since next year looks like our serious super bowl run .So we wouldnt start trading a ton of picks for a QB who wouldnt even play for a year.

Weber

Reaction score
Good point about next year being our Super Bowl run. That all depends on Bledsoe. But with our young defense, Julius, and Whitten...we need to look toward the future as well. I'm all for Bledsoe but at some point soon we need a young qb...I just don't see Henson being the answer. I'm tired of worrying about the long term qb situation and the solution is not on our team.

scottsp

Reaction score
We have no shot at Leinart. He is the goods and I wish to hell we could get in on that, but the cost to do so would be absolutely astronomical.

Weber

Reaction score
Why not have a qb waiting in the wings while we have Bledsoe at the end of his career. It's not Henson.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Weber said:
Why not have a qb waiting in the wings while we have Bledsoe at the end of his career. It's not Henson.

We do. His name is Tony Romo ;)

scottsp

Reaction score
I believe most of us would love to have that on the roster. Whether we have it or not is anyone's guess at this point. It's not a matter of what we desire though.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Weber said:
I think and apparently Bill Parcells thinks that you are wrong about Henson. I think that he very well could be the real deal with another year or two to learn. And Romo is fully capable of being a good bus driver type and maybe more.

I know that the grass is always higher in THC...err...greener…on the other side but let’s seriously give our project a chance to succeed. If we keep writing off all of our young QB's before they even have a chance we will never develop one.

Weber

Reaction score
I understand the situation. I just really like this quy and at some point we need to step up and grab our man. Or do we just sit around untill we have a terrible season and then get him.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Bills looking to win now. Trading away several picks, to get a player who wont play for a few years, and then when he does play wont be ready to take us to a superbowl, isnt in Bills plans.

Lets just give Henson the time we thought he needed when we traded for him.

Weber

Reaction score
BP wants to win now. We are winning now due to vets. How long did it take the best qb's in the league to develope and move into a starting role...one or two years. Neither Henson or Romo will start next year...how long do you expect us to develop them?

scottsp

Reaction score
Weber said:
Astronomical...no doubt. But the return could be as well.

You do understand the cost involved, right? The Giants paid a small fortune in 2004, moving up from four to land the rights to Elisha Manning. The number four overall pick, another third along with New York's 2005 first and fifth round selections.

I'm willing to gamble Leinart rates higher as an NFL prospect, meaning the price tag would be steeper that what New York ultimately paid up for Eli. Also, odds are we won't be trading up from number four.

If we were trading up from the middle of the round, two entire years of draft picks wouldn't cover the freight (per the draft value chart).

This sort of deal would make the cost of acquiring Joey Galloway from Seattle seem like pennies on the dollar.

scottsp

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Leinart is no Carson Palmer. ;)

Neither was Carson Palmer. This kid rates as a higher prospect at this point of his career.

scottsp

Reaction score
Weber said:
BP wants to win now. We are winning now due to vets. How long did it take the best qb's in the league to develope and move into a starting role...one or two years. Neither Henson or Romo will start next year...how long do you expect us to develop them?

I'd let this one go. I don't believe this organization is in line to make such a move. The only way they get to where they have a shot at Leinart is if they go in the tank. And two wins are already in the bag,

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
scottsp said:
Neither was Carson Palmer. This kid rates as a higher prospect at this point of his career.
Well... Not in my opinion. I think Leinart will be very average. Palmer was my favorite QB prospect in a long time.

But I could be all washed up as usual. :)

ghst187

Reaction score
Weber said:
I know I'm thinking a little in advance but I've seen no threads on this topic.
are you kidding?
I think the topic has been beaten to death already...and its not even next offseason yet...