Leinart?

scottsp

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
Well... Not in my opinion. I think Leinart will be very average. Palmer was my favorite QB prospect in a long time.

But I could be all washed up as usual. :)

Hey, I respect that. I'm no one special, obviously. I just think the kid is impressive. And I could be just as wrong. 'Tis just my take.

Weber

Reaction score
The cost involved would probably be to great. But if he turns out to be the next Payton Manning would the cost still be to great...That is the question. Sorry if this has been beat to death. Just thinking ahead.

If Bledsoe and the Oline continue to play the way they are now we won't have to worry about this for a couple years but qb's are always worth the discussion.

scottsp

Reaction score
And that's fine. Leinart is the rage right now in college football. Though there is good reason for that, hype prolly has many beaten down to a near pulp. Understandable. And it's not all that uncommon for those to dismiss such a talent for reason that its virtually unattainable.

Fox and grapes come to mind.

But the price for a franchise quarterbacking prospect such as Leinart is always going to be sky high. There is no cheap way of going about getting one either.

Carson Palmer was labeled a bust time and time again. Not by everyone, mind you. But let's face it: Cincy has been cursed for the longest time. They've not only blown way too many high draft picks, but more than enough of those have been quarterbacks. Luckily for him and that organization, they surrounded him with quality supporting talent. And the Bengals are now reaping the fruits as a result.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
fancow said:
Uh Leinart = 3-13
Actually not really. If the Skins go 3-13 you still can't get him because you traded your pick to Denver.

Bad move there.

scottsp

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Actually not really. If the Skins go 3-13 you still can't get him because you traded your pick to Denver.

Bad move there.

Doh!!

Justis

Reaction score
You kiddin' me, every other team in the NFL is looking to add this kid to there roster. 'sides it's stupid to draft 1st round QBs in this day and age.

Weber

Reaction score
We will see. But I believe Lienhart will be a superstar in the NFL and I would give up anything to get him. And I have a feeling if we did draft him everyone saying he is overrated now would be singing his praises once he is wearing the star. Henson...Romo...Please

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Weber said:
We will see. But I believe Lienhart will be a superstar in the NFL and I would give up anything to get him. And I have a feeling if we did draft him everyone saying he is overrated now would be singing his praises once he is wearing the star. Henson...Romo...Please
Take a lesson from Mike Ditka who gave up everything to get Rickey Williams.

Overpaying rarely works.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weber said:
I believe Lienhart will be a superstar in the NFL and I would give up anything to get him.
Nothing personal, but I'm glad you are not the GM.

Justis

Reaction score
Watch and learn, aside from a very few those who take early 1st round Qbs almost always get burned. Even if Leinart is everything people might hope, he's probably get more in his rookie contract than most Pro Bowl QBs.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps we get lucky and he gets hurt late in the season. We get him in the early teens for little more than our first, and he gets a year on the bench while Henson/Romo pushes Bledsoe for another year or two.

Justis

Reaction score
I say we wait a year and draft Michigan's QB that way we can continue a tradition of Michigan QBs that Bledsoe despises.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Does college kid Leinert look as good in college as say....

Akili Smith,as dominating as Ryan Leaf,or does he show the overpowering arm of Tim Couch or perhaps the cool veteran savvy of Joey Harrington, maybe its just the assured command of Tennessee's Heath Schuler.

Yeah--- lets mortgage the ranch on the NCAA's next big thing. It's worked for Cinncinati,Cleveland, Detroit and Washington.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Does college kid Leinert look as good in college as say....

Akili Smith,as dominating as Ryan Leaf,or does he show the overpowering arm of Tim Couch or perhaps the cool veteran savvy of Joey Harrington, maybe its just the assured command of Tennessee's Heath Schuler.

Yeah--- lets mortgage the ranch on the NCAA's next big thing. It's worked for Cinncinati,Cleveland, Detroit and Washington.

Yeah, that's great logic. We should never draft a QB in the 1st round. :rolleyes:

Just look at all those busts... Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington...

You'd never think teams picked up Roethlisberger, Palmer, Leftwich, Vick, McNabb, Culpepper, Manning, and others in the 1st....

And that's not even covering all the Hall of Fame QBs who share that same trait of being 1st round draft picks....