Leinart?

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Its not that a 1st round QB will or wont suceed. Its the fact that we have other holes, and next year looks to be our big run, so we could use the pick for a FS/LB/WR, rather than a player who A) wont play for a year or two and B) wouldnt be a good player on his first year even after sitting. And even then its no gurantee hell be a good QB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Theres been a handful of threads. My opinion is we wont go QB at all next year, and even if we did, I dont like Leinart, I think hes overrated. Anybody can look good with that team.

But if in 2 years Henson isnt ready, I say we go with Brian Brohm. This guy has Hensons arm, but with the head of ...Aikman

Plus more importantly, we need a FS. Since next year looks like our serious super bowl run .So we wouldnt start trading a ton of picks for a QB who wouldnt even play for a year.
Ridiculous...same thing they said about Carson Palmer, and Leinart's career looks HOF compared to Palmer's college days. He was hands down the top QB in the nation last year....he's having an even more incredible year this year and calling most of his own plays at the line.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Justis said:
You kiddin' me, every other team in the NFL is looking to add this kid to there roster. 'sides it's stupid to draft 1st round QBs in this day and age.
Tell that to the Giants, Eagles, Jaqs, Steelers, Colts, Vikings, and Atlanta. I think they've all been very happy with their first round picks, including the extra picks many of them gave up.

fancow

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Actually not really. If the Skins go 3-13 you still can't get him because you traded your pick to Denver.

Bad move there.

I was talking about the boys genius....

:lmao2:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The pricetage for obtaining Leinart would be absolutely ridiculous. This, quite frankly, will not even be remotely close to what we will be doing on draft day.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Theres been a handful of threads. My opinion is we wont go QB at all next year, and even if we did, I dont like Leinart, I think hes overrated. Anybody can look good with that team.

But if in 2 years Henson isnt ready, I say we go with Brian Brohm. This guy has Hensons arm, but with the head of ...Aikman

Plus more importantly, we need a FS. Since next year looks like our serious super bowl run .So we wouldnt start trading a ton of picks for a QB who wouldnt even play for a year.

You just put it right IMO (and no, i don't mean the skills of Leinart). This thing is not about finding a great QB for the future it's about the whole team. So we have to be a little bit more pragmatical here IMO.

Drew is here for another two years. Right now he plays good and he gives me no reason to think he shouldn't continue to play good the next two years. We have enough time to find a QB in that time (and btw Henson is still in the mix, don't forget that). For me there is no need to upgrade the QB position. Drew is playing at a level where he can take us to another SB win. So upgrading others weaknesses of our team is much more important (LB, FS maybe RT and other OL spots, WR).

This year was a very good draft. I hope we can continue that trend next year. I think sacrifying draft spots only to get one specific player isn't what we should afford right now. This team has mor dire needs than just one player for a SB run. And remember: the NFL with the salary cap is all about parity. So you don't need a lot of stars on your team to win a SB. Knowing this you shouldn't sacrify your team's future picking one!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Its not that a 1st round QB will or wont suceed. Its the fact that we have other holes, and next year looks to be our big run, so we could use the pick for a FS/LB/WR, rather than a player who A) wont play for a year or two and B) wouldnt be a good player on his first year even after sitting. And even then its no gurantee hell be a good QB.

That's how it works with QBs. Every once in a while you run into a Roethlisberger or Brady who wins instantly, but you have to pay the price of 2 or 3 years of learning before you get a decade of dominance. See... the problem is, we were doing this with projects, and not with legit 1st round QBs. All these awful learning years should have been with fellas who actually had a chance to be franchise QBs, not Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, and company.