Len P: Former Raider Jim Otto on LeCharles Bentley wanting his number 00

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
sacase said:
Women in Africa are some of the most beautiful you will see. Top places in east Africa are Nairobi, Kenya....Georgous Dark skin women, who are tall. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia....the girl in the picture is ethiopian and in Addis they will blow your mind. I have never been at a loss for words when talking to woman but there was a woman I met in the Airport there that was so fine I couldn't even speak to her, and I do speak Amharic. Also if you can catch a Somali woman, watch out....they tend to be tall and thick, and beautiful. Let me caveat this by saying they have to come from a little bit of money otherwise they get run down early in life. Its hard over there.

Air quality depends on where you are at. Of course if you are in a Major city then it is going to be the same or worse than here, but once you get into the country side. Excellent. That beach in the picture was one of the best beaches I have been in. The coral reef was almost untouched and the coral heads were huge. I saw a sea anemone that was at least 18 inches in diamter.

Do some of them talk ENGLISH?:starspin

baj1dallas

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Hey, he earned the right to say he doesn't want nobody else wearing his number on that particular team.

No he didn't. Now, he's entitled to his opinion. If he doesn't ever want anybody else to wear 00, then whatever...but to come out and call some guy a junkie and put down somebody who's trying to honor you? Pathetic.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I could sorta understand if Bentley was playing for the Raiders but I fail to see why Otto should have a spaz over a guy on another team wanting to honor him by wearing his number.

Yes, Otto did sue the Raiders and the NFL (more than once I believe) over disability and retirement benefits.

The guy was tough as nails and one heck of a player, this is disappointing.

sacase

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I know what Eddie Murphy was talking about on Raw. Go to Africa get yourself a girl, marry her, and you don't have to worry about her taking half of your :jackpot: :showme: <Well you know what a mean.

Ok women on the board don't take this the wrong way but African woman know how to take care of a man! Put it like this, whenever me and Tsedale ate dinner....she fed me... I mean literly put the food in my mouth. I would try to eat myself but she would not let me. Talk about an ego boost. Its simple as this (and it goes for all woman), you take care of them and treat them with respect, they will take care of your needs (they are just a little more domesticated than American woman). Its a completly different experience.

Well the ones you will like generally will be educated so most speak english. Tsedale knows Amharic, English and French which she speaks fluently.

If you want to know more PM me and I will be happy to tell you. I am sure the board doesn't want to hear about my fun in Africa.

sacase

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
I could sorta understand if Bentley was playing for the Raiders but I fail to see why Otto should have a spaz over a guy on another team wanting to honor him by wearing his number.

Yes, Otto did sue the Raiders and the NFL (more than once I believe) over disability and retirement benefits.

The guy was tough as nails and one heck of a player, this is disappointing.

He is probally just bitter because of his injuries and the Jersey number is the only thing he has left to hold onto.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
sacase said:
Well let's just say the little cutie in the von Dutch shirt will be coming over very soon and may be staying for good. :) Africa was the best trip I have ever had!
Way to go :yourock:

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
sacase said:
Ok women on the board don't take this the wrong way but African woman know how to take care of a man! Put it like this, whenever me and Tsedale ate dinner....she fed me... I mean literly put the food in my mouth. I would try to eat myself but she would not let me. Talk about an ego boost. Its simple as this (and it goes for all woman), you take care of them and treat them with respect, they will take care of your needs (they are just a little more domesticated than American woman). Its a completly different experience.

Well the ones you will like generally will be educated so most speak english. Tsedale knows Amharic, English and French which she speaks fluently.

If you want to know more PM me and I will be happy to tell you. I am sure the board doesn't want to hear about my fun in Africa.

It sound like you are a prince "Coming To America"

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
"To let him wear my number, one that I built into a legacy ....

Ouch!

Off topic (sort of): Didn't [SIZE=-1]Kenny Burroughs (WR; Houston Oilers) wear a double zero too?[/SIZE]

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Ouch!

Off topic (sort of): Didn't [SIZE=-1]Kenny Burroughs (WR; Houston Oilers) wear a double zero too?[/SIZE]

Yep, he sure did. Otto needs to shut up and take his meds.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
ZeroClub said:
Ouch!

Yes, until 1981. He was the first 00 I thought of.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TobiasEagle77 said:
that coke up the nose comment was a bit out of left field
It was out of the gutter beyond the fence behind left field.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess I may be one of the few that understands what Otto is saying... even though the way he said it was way over the edge.

Here's a guy that can't walk today who literally left everything on the field.

He's awfully proud of his football career and what he accomplished. He has a tremendous amount of pride in what he did and is overly protective of it.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I guess I may be one of the few that understands what Otto is saying... even though the way he said it was way over the edge.

He's awfully proud of his football career and what he accomplished. He has a tremendous amount of pride in what he did and is overly protective of it.

Since I haven't watched him play, you might be right. But his comment about cocain was totally uncalled for. You can be proud of your accomplishment without totally insulting a person you don't know personally.

Its one thing if he said, he didn't want him to get that number because of his legacy.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Since I haven't watched him play, you might be right. But his comment about cocain was totally uncalled for. You can be proud of your accomplishment without totally insulting a person you don't know personally.

Its one thing if he said, he didn't want him to get that number because of his legacy.

RIGHT!:starspin :star:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
In related news, Jim Otto busted for cocaine use ... ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

You can be proud of your accomplishments without being arrogant.

He's basically saying no one walking the face of the earth is worthy to wear 00 because he made it special. What about #80 for Jerry Rice? Or 56 for LT?

The NFL doesn't allow 00 thus the petition. Bentley want to honor him. Instead of being honored he assumes Bentley is a cocaine addict and that him wearing that number would tarnish his legacy. he should have simply said something along the lines of, "I doubt the NFL will change its policy about the number 00. I feel honored by that and appreciate Bentley's gesture."

He came off like a jerk with that cocaine comment.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I Googled Otto to see what he has been up to lately and this same article turned up on a dead pool site.

Otto, who does some piddly work for the Raiders, is on the dead pool list of someone. I guess, with all his surgeries, he is a good candidate.

:muttley: