Signed by Cowboys Leon Lett Retained

RS12

Reaction score
It would be better if he could still play. Would be better if David Irving wanted to play.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Leon Lett is remaining as the Cowboys assistant defensive line coach, working with Jim Tomsula. He is the third holdover from Jason Garrett’s staff with Kellen Moore (offensive coordinator) and Doug Nussmeier (quarterbacks).

blueblood70

Reaction score
19 under contract including the 3 on Reserves / Futures contacts. Plus an ERFA and a RFA.
I dont think any of thats official until march..right now we still own the rights for them all until all the new 2020 business opens up..

Maverick84

Reaction score
LOVE HALEY...but there is a such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Don't be surprised if he isn't brought back.
they'll create a new position for him.... Assistant Shower/Swimming Coach is the likeliest, he can teach the boys all the various "strokes" he's an expert at in there

birdwells1

Reaction score
I'm okay with this. It'd be criminal to see Big Cat on another sideline.

Not really, hopefully were not keeping guys for the wrong reason. If he Witten, or any other cowboy were coaching another team it wouldnt hurt my feeling. Just win baby.

conner01

Reaction score
As long as he's not coaching special teams. :facepalm:
He’d probably be better than what we had last year lol
I think I could be better than what we had last year, and I’ll work cheap

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
LOVE HALEY...but there is a such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. Don't be surprised if he isn't brought back.

The issues with how it was under Garrett was largely due to that whole splitting the DC role between Marinelli and Richard. There should be one voice at DC and the only person who overrides that voice is the HC

Big_D

Reaction score
The issues with how it was under Garrett was largely due to that whole splitting the DC role between Marinelli and Richard. There should be one voice at DC and the only person who overrides that voice is the HC

That was an ongoing problem. There was always some type of setup when it came to OC and DC. Just a ridiculous situation. Same with Garrett and Moore or Garrett and Linehan. Plus the Marinelli/Richard debacle. Jerry was the over ride! And it's no surprise it was a disaster.

links18

Reaction score
"Assistant Defensive Line Coach"? If they are going to make a sentimental, makes us feel comfortable, hire this is about the right level, I guess.