Leonard Fournette defends Ezekiel Elliott

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This coming from another back who people are claiming is washed up. Zeke still has some value between the tackles and near the endzone but no one wants to pay him right now. Teams are waiting until around training camp for his price to come down.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Zeke isn’t signed by training camp, I could see someone bringing him in during the season. He seems to start off pretty good early, then starts dealing with an injury and his performance drops off. He’ll be fresh coming in later in the season for someone who’s making a playoff push.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
"Zeke is not washed up"

giphy.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Always funny when a professional player says something about a player and then you have fans who don't understand football and sit in their parents basement all day telling them they are wrong lol. Funniest part of sports lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
"Zeke is not washed up."

:popcorn:

I don't think he's washed up. I think he's clearly not effective as he was and gets worn down/injured as the season progresses now, so he's least effective later in the year. That's the pattern the last two years, and at this point in his career, it's probably going to be the narrative going forward.

Whoever he plays for next year, he probably will be solid for the first half of the year in a tandem just as he was for us the last two years (4.0 per carry or better). But wear/injuries, especially to his lower body, will take their toll. Because he is getting older, it's possible the pace of injuries will quicken.

Since 2020, he's had:
A left calf strain (Dec. 8, 2020)
Grade 1 knee strain (Oct. 6, 2021)
Chest rib strain (Oct. 10, 2021)
Right knee contusion (Nov. 7, 2021)
Grade 3 PCL tear (Nov. 21, 2021)
Grade 2 MCL strain (Oct. 23, 2022)

Those last two in particular are tough injuries to play through, especially at a position with a lot of torque on the legs, and he only missed two games (although he should have been held out of more).

Before 2020, he'd only had two injuries going back to college, a wrist fracture in 2014 and a pulled hamstring during his rookie training camp.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Always funny when a professional player says something about a player and then you have fans who don't understand football and sit in their parents basement all day telling them they are wrong lol. Funniest part of sports lol.
So we're supposed to agree with Fournette because, by God, he plays the game?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soooo...
Good blocking and a huge hole equalls Zeke is not washed up.

When people need to attempt defending you play....you're done.

Creeper

Reaction score
Even though I have been talking about Zeke slipping the last 4 years or so I am not going to hate on the guy now. I wish him the best of luck and I have no problem bringing him back for another year if he will work for a lot less money. He does a good job on 3rd and short, 4th and short plays but at $15 million he is not worth it.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Always funny when people take another players word as gospel. Of course he's not gonna say Zeke is washed up, the NFL is a fraternity, a brotherhood. Theyre not gonna speak on another player and potentially affect his money. 32 teams not signing speaks more about Zeke situation then what another player says

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Even though I have been talking about Zeke slipping the last 4 years or so I am not going to hate on the guy now. I wish him the best of luck and I have no problem bringing him back for another year if he will work for a lot less money. He does a good job on 3rd and short, 4th and short plays but at $15 million he is not worth it.
Yep.

I was chief “Get Zeke Outta Here” guy, but it wasn’t based on him personally. I was more bothered our coaching staff/FO kept trying to trot out a guy that was clearly washed and treating him like he was a focal point of the offense.