Less Prescott = more winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Isn’t Prescott Top 10 in yards and #3 in TDs? Despite being 19th is pass attempts?

We’re not getting less Prescott, we’re getting a very efficient Prescott. He’s moving the ball and scoring TDs just as quickly as the best QBs in the NFL on few attempts.
Yeah he is lol

foofighters

Reaction score
No storm. I think most take him for the joke that he is. I mean the guy liked Andy Dalton and thinks Carson Wentz is one of the best quarterbacks in the league.
You act like that's bad? So what if someone is wrong about a player. So what if Dak falls? Then are the guys liking Dak, garbage? This stuff is mostly opinion based anyway. I can talk about Dak needs to do to improve and he'll go out and prove me right one week and the next prove me wrong. Some of us take this board way too seriously.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course a more dominating run games = wins. But the fact of the matter is we aren’t a contender without Dak. Regardless if he’s needed to throw for 500 or 200 yards.

He may not be as Elite as some want to claim but he’s enough to build around and win with. They call them Franchise QB’s . Who BTW are often paid near the top of the league in their new contract years. It’s called Market Value.

The squabbling over Dak is a deadend useless debate. It’s just a matter of how good he is. Without him we aren’t a contender of any kind.

Aikman said it best this past Sunday. The Cowboys will remain a contender as long as Dak is playing at this level. His leadership and infectious zest to win is obvious. So regardless the prior criticism we’ve had and some of it is just this team isn’t as good without him.

And if we continue running the ball like this, an opportunistic defense and can stay relatively healthy … it’s a recipe for success. Possibly more than we’ve seen this era. We shall see in January. But we will be a tough out playing ball like this.

I’m more worried about a boneheaded riverboat gambler or analytical decision from our HC .

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I think that most QBs and teams do better when they have a solid running game going, but some wants to act like this only applies to Dak. Yet the same fans who thought that Wentz was better than Dak, fails to mention that the Eagles won more games when the ball wasn't in Wentz' hands as much and when the Eagles ran the ball more. And as of an article I just read, the Eagles were 15-2 in games where Wentz attempts 31 or fewer passes and 12-19 in all of the others. Yet for the longest time, Wentz got built up as the QB who was so much better than Dak and who didn't need the running game as much as Dak in order to win. As even in 2017, the Eagles had a top 5 running game.

But, will Cowherd who was always Wentz>>>Dak, in his opinion, ever mention this fact?

Yet for some reason fans like to pretend like Dak is the only QB who benefits from the running game being better. Credit to Zeke for bouncing back this season and running tough, credit to Pollard also. But still this shouldn't discredit how well Dak has been playing this season and the great throws he has been making.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I agree that we're better when balanced but what cowurd fails to mention is that if Dak is throwing 40+ times in a game it's probably because we were far enough behind that we had to abandon the run (not every time, but sometimes).

Edit: apologies if someone already mentioned that.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
This is like arguing that Aikman wasn't great because of the team around him. I'm totally comfortable in a passing battle if a team can find a way to shut down our run game with Dak taking over. I'm thrilled that other than game one, we haven't had to do that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Go look at Troy Aikman’s record when he had to carry the team his first two seasons. Go look at John Elway’s Super Bowl record before he had Terrell Davis and a running game. Look what happened to Dan Marino in his only Super Bowl appearance when he didn’t have a running game. Show me one QB that carried their football team to a championship?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Like - is the point here that you wish we just re-signed Dalton to save some cash because the running game is so good?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What's up, bros?

6:35 of the video. This is indisputable. Less of Rayne Dakota means more winning.

Like a true 40 million dollar franchise QB.

That's the first attribute you look for. Someone who needs to be carried.

Cowboys!

This is total garbage. This isnt complicated. If you are running the ball at almost 5.7 ypc and your team is up in every game minus 1, of course you are going to run more than throw. When you run the ball for 150 plus, and hit over 200 a couple of games.. yea, you are probably winning those games and throwing less.

If you are throwing the ball 40 plus in a game, you are probably losing and thats why you are throwing. Anyone watching games knows that Dak is hardly being carried. I was the biggest Dak skeptic for 4 years. Not any more. He has played great, and if we have th throw 35 times there is little Doubt Dak will go for 27-35, probably throw for 325 yards and have 3 tds. That will work as well. BUT, no team is gonna throw it 40 times when you can run for 200 on a team.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Go look at Troy Aikman’s record when he had to carry the team his first two seasons. Go look at John Elway’s Super Bowl record before he had Terrell Davis and a running game. Look what happened to Dan Marino in his only Super Bowl appearance when he didn’t have a running game. Show me one QB that carried their football team to a championship?

Also Russell Wilson is still viewed as a great QB, despite the fact that he had a good running game with Marshawn Lynch, which helped Seattle win the Super Bowl that season.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I said several times before the season that Dak and the team is a lot better when Zeke is rolling.

With that said.. Dak is phenomenal this year. Some of the reads and throws he is making are just special.
ANY QB would be better off with a good-to-great running game, yet it only seems that Cowboy QBs get "penalized" if they have a good running game.

I just hope NFL teams are just as stupid as the media when it comes to takes like this. If so, it could be a special year.
:thumbup:

Cydios

Reaction score
Well, it makes sense on every team. If you could win on basics and not rely on Dak to go out like Aaron Rodgers, the better. The ball in the air is a 50/50 and has interception risk. If you can pound the ball successfully (outside of fumbles), you're always in control of moving the ball. Now where I disagree as some others on this thread, I think it needs to be 50/50. If you have an answer for every defensive scheme, you'd be impossible to defend. I'm sure Patriots are dissecting our games looking for that. We'll see if there's some hidden cameras and weird looking Cotton Candy vendors on the Dallas sideline.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There is a thread where people are asking what Belichick will take away. It should be obvious, the blue print is already out there. The Bucs took away the run, put the ball in Dak's hands.

We already know what the outcome was to that game.
and our offense walked up and down the field and had our DEFENSE made 1 stop at the end, we would have won the game. Then everyone would be saying damn, we took away the run and Dak carved us up.

Status
Not open for further replies.