Twitter: Let’s all watch Touchdown Tony Dorsett be awesome

Blackrain

Reaction score
The odd fact is that if Duane Thomas hadn’t flaked out, TD would probably never have been a Cowboy.
Very possibly not he possessed all the tools just did not have the mentality to get it done for a long period of time.
That said he was very instrumental in our first super bowl

Zman5

Reaction score
I wish I couldve seen him tote the rock

by i was like 2 when he retired
I saw him tote the rock when he played for Pitt and the Cowboys.

I wish I was only 2 when he retired. My age had an extra number next to the 2 when he retired.:(

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I was so blessed in order to have been a fan of the Pitt Panthers when TD was there and could not believe the Cowboys drafted him. Tony was a guy who could tote the rock and score from anywhere at any time. My favorite tail back ever. He had it all wrapped in one body.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I consider myself very fortunately to have seen TD play his entire career. On TV and in person he was must see when on the field.

When the Cowboys traded for him I was so jacked up and thought he could help the Cowboys in a super bowl. He did that and ended up in the HOF. What an awesome ride it was to watch those triplets. Just like the 90's triplets it felt like they could win every game.
The Cowboys made him the second overall pick in the first round in 1977 I think if I recall right.

bigE79

Reaction score
I was so blessed in order to have been a fan of the Pitt Panthers when TD was there and could not believe the Cowboys drafted him. Tony was a guy who could tote the rock and score from anywhere at any time. My favorite tail back ever. He had it all wrapped in one body.
I watch him when he played for alliquippa hs.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I watch him when he played for alliquippa hs.
I've actually been through Alliquippa,Pa but no I didn't follow TD back before Pitt. I got to watch Billy Sims in my hs and what a back he was as well but injury derailed his nfl career.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved Emmitt but my Favorite Cowboys RB to watch was always Tony D.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dorsett is the reason why I am a Cowboys fan. As a small child I was a big fan of the Pittsburgh Panthers so when Tony became a Cowboy I followed him.

offlimits

Reaction score

So fortunate to have seen him play in person. Texas Stadium. When he touched the ball (and back then, they would also use him on screens) you held your breath because he could score at anypoint on the field. I must add that because of his size, Coach Landry limited his carries.