Twitter: Let’s all watch Touchdown Tony Dorsett be awesome

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
I consider myself very fortunately to have seen TD play his entire career. On TV and in person he was must see when on the field.

When the Cowboys traded for him I was so jacked up and thought he could help the Cowboys in a super bowl. He did that and ended up in the HOF. What an awesome ride it was to watch those triplets. Just like the 90's triplets it felt like they could win every game.
+1

mrmojo

Reaction score
What did Emmitt do that was so much better? And like I said,I love Emmitt
He didnt fumble as much and was always in the game at critical moments of the big games. Love TD, but it was Ron Springs and Preston Pearson making the plays in the 4th qtr of big games.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I was a big fan of USC and Ricky Bell back then and really wanted him to be a Cowboy. Bell was a great RB, but his tragic illness and death at age 29 broke my heart. I quickly became a fan of TD’s smooth style and acceleration that produced long runs. Pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and for a smaller, speed back, he was an excellent runner between the tackles. When he changed directions, he was able to do so with a burst.

For those who don’t know, Bell was selected #1 overall in the draft, and the Cowboys took Tony Dorsett #2.