Let’s be clear, Dak carried the team

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Unless we're going to sub Dak in for Anthony Brown there isn't much he can do to help the defense get stops when we really need them. Still Moore certainly could have called some runs on that last drive and eaten up the rest of the time before settling for the stupid FG. The pass attempts kept giving the refs a chance to call holding and they weren't missing their time in the sunshine.

Moore was fine.

The stupid refs hit us hard.

If we held then fine call it but don’t swallow your whistle when they push off. They didn’t swallow it against Michael Gallup in week 1 last year against Ramsey.

Levontae David taking his helmet off and spiking it after a play and not getting a penalty was the most amazing thing I saw all night. Of course Anthony Brown gets burned a few plays later.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Nitpick all you want. Dak carried the team. He deserves props.
Dak is a superstar. This was his 1st game back after missing 75% of the season. On The road vs TB12 in a hostile environment. He played extremely well. And the 1 INT he had is more so on Cee Dee (who is also gonna be a superstar).

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak did play very well but like many other games the result was a L. In todays NFL not sure what more the D could do. ST were bad and coaching were not so good. Opportunities were there but the O didn't capitalize and clock management was poor. Should be a good year but if the game plan is having Dak throw that much the results are not going be much different than past years.
The offense did a good job of play calling, I like the run game, but they played the top front 7 in football and used the short pass play as their run game. Defensively, I was disappointed.....no pressure on Brady, they played scared. I expected more from Quinn.

Brax

Reaction score
The offense did a good job of play calling, I like the run game, but they played the top front 7 in football and used the short pass play as their run game. Defensively, I was disappointed.....no pressure on Brady, they played scared. I expected more from Quinn.
Going in I believe most thought pressure was something that has lacked the last few seasons that hasn't changed. It's only the first game so it should get better. On the flip side the D gave the O opportunities and that was the difference of the game not converting. Going with a hobbled kicker wasn't smart either. Not sold on MM or his coaching staff to this point.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going in I believe most thought pressure was something that has lacked the last few seasons that hasn't changed. It's only the first game so it should get better. On the flip side the D gave the O opportunities and that was the difference of the game not converting. Going with a hobbled kicker wasn't smart either. Not sold on MM or his coaching staff to this point.
I like the staff, we don't have the talent on D right now. We're gonna have to scheme much better

Romotil45

Reaction score

He had a pick and two picks dropped thats not carrying anything. He still can't read defenders and continues to throw right at defenders.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the staff, we don't have the talent on D right now. We're gonna have to scheme much better
Moore was going up against the best run D with the best run stopping DT in the game, that game had to be on the QB and WR's.

I was puzzled that TB didn't run more with DAL's history against the run but when you are starting the 7 time champ and recent SB MVP, it's not proper to ask him to hand the ball off.

DAL faces LAC with the 18th ranked run D form last year, I expect a more balanced game called by Moore but he did exactly what he had to do in this game last night. Too many 3 n outs with the run and that team could easily lose confidence. Moore, Prescott and that O gave TB all they wanted last night and I'd bet they're glad they don't have to face them until maybe playoff time.

Praxit

Reaction score
Moore was going up against the best run D with the best run stopping DT in the game, that game had to be on the QB and WR's.

I was puzzled that TB didn't run more with DAL's history against the run but when you are starting the 7 time champ and recent SB MVP, it's not proper to ask him to hand the ball off.

DAL faces LAC with the 18th ranked run D form last year, I expect a more balanced game called by Moore but he did exactly what he had to do in this game last night. Too many 3 n outs with the run and that team could easily lose confidence. Moore, Prescott and that O gave TB all they wanted last night and I'd bet they're glad they don't have to face them until maybe playoff time.
..CC....I want revenge. ...*putting on brass knuckles*. ;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In what world is throwing a pick and 2 picks dropped playing well ?
When did they start counting almost picks?

Mrs. Romo, we've asked you to stop doing this and accept the reality. Dak didn't take Tony's job, Tony lost it.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
He carried the team to a loss.

He's the best QB he can be while still being a reflection of the man who coaches him and the old fool who runs the organization.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

And here I thought the offensive line and backs keeping a strong Tampa DL off him had something to do with it. Maybe even the receivers getting open consistently.

Guess I was wrong and all you need is a quarterback.

Romotil45

Reaction score
We’ll win less than 9 games this season if Dak has to do that all year. This team desperately needs balance but Fat mike seems intent on making Dak another Rodgers.

58 Passing attemps was a part of the game plan because they new it was going to be difficult to run the ball against Bucs defensive front prob the best in the league plus your starting all pro guard was out. I agree we need more balance but our only chance to win this game was to play away from Bucs DL. Hopefully we will see more balance moving forward.

aikemirv

Reaction score
he took A sack, and a terrible one at that. really the only time i yelled at the tv
Yeah that was the only irritation I had with him all night. Played a great game - shame he/we did not get the win.

In the long run, a loss may be better for this team than a win.