1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

Let’s be clear, Dak carried the team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aviano90, Sep 9, 2021.

1. bonafidebanter

bonafidebanter Well-Known Member

776 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    That was a perfect pass.

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

33,939 Messages
    29,542 Likes Received
    Dak did well but our D kept us in the game as well.

RonnieT24 likes this.
  3. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

19,462 Messages
    17,422 Likes Received
    Cedric Wilson is a good player.....he needs more time. And after seeing Brown get roasted....maybe Gilmore would be a good mentor for Joseph.

TheHerd and RustyBourneHorse like this.
  4. RustyBourneHorse

RustyBourneHorse Well-Known Member

28,693 Messages
    31,981 Likes Received
    Oh you're not wrong about that. Either way, we need Gilmore.

I'd actually probably straight up cut Brown and do what we could, short of giving up a 1st, to get Gilmore here.

TheHerd likes this.
  5. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,677 Messages
    24,348 Likes Received
    You’re right. That said, consider this. Without the Cowboys shooting their self in the foot, it’s likely an easy victory for them, too.

6. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

12,806 Messages
    12,342 Likes Received
    I wouldn't say that. He played like he has...mildy surprised there wasn't more inconsistency with missing so much time, the injury and coming out of the gates with the world champs.

Aviano90 likes this.
  7. RustyBourneHorse

28,693 Messages
    31,981 Likes Received
    Yup, so, the more I think of it, the trade of Gallup and a 3rd for Gilmore would be a good trade. The Pats get a WR (that we'd be losing anyway) and a 3rd (which we'll get back in comp picks). We get Gilmore to go on the other side of Diggs. Do that, and I think we might actually win the SB this year.

8. MichiganCowboyFan

MichiganCowboyFan Benched

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    give up Zeke, Brown and a mid pick for one of the Ravens CBs.. Marlon Humphrey is pretty damn good.

RustyBourneHorse likes this.
  9. RustyBourneHorse

28,693 Messages
    31,981 Likes Received
    I could go for that, except for one reason. While Zeke wasn't running, I don't blame that entirely on him. 1. We had no Martin and 2. we were playing Suh and Vea. Let's see what he does against the Chargers. Should be more favourable for him, and then we have the Eagles next, who he routinely destroys.

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  10. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Well-Known Member

10,269 Messages
    8,378 Likes Received
    There's no pleasing some people. Dak did his job with flying colors. Zuerline cost us this game by giving away 4 points.

11. MichiganCowboyFan

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    I'd rather just keep passing more. The offensive gameplan was great except for the last series. And I don't know why they didn't set up Dak on the very last play of the game to make the initial throw. Just using all special teams is acquiescing to not even giving the hook and laterals play a chance.

12. OriginalNameGuy

OriginalNameGuy Well-Known Member

1,327 Messages
    1,239 Likes Received
    As he did before he got injured last year. We need a good old 20 carry 100 yard game from Zeke though every now and then if they are to be serious contenders this year. 31 yards is unacceptable

13. RustyBourneHorse

28,693 Messages
    31,981 Likes Received
    I don't like the idea of throwing that much with Dak though. He's a great QB, but we do need to run more to protect Dak, and, as stated, the next 2-3 teams should be more favourable for Zeke.

14. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,677 Messages
    24,348 Likes Received
    Ok, maybe I am wrong. Can you quote the homers that were predicting this performance? The ones I have been seeing dominate the conversation have been tempering expectations but some high expectation predictions may have slipped passed me.

15. MichiganCowboyFan

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    I predicted Dak would throw for 400+ and the Cowboys would lose by 2, 36-34.

Well the score was slightly off, but I got everything else right, including the victor and spread.

Give me props.

Aviano90 likes this.
  16. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,677 Messages
    24,348 Likes Received
    Wow.
    That is awesome. I give you major props.

MichiganCowboyFan likes this.
  17. MichiganCowboyFan

2,530 Messages
    2,349 Likes Received
    well I did get one other thing wrong. I didn't think Dak would throw a pick. But that was Lamb's fault though

Aviano90 likes this.
  18. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

16,677 Messages
    24,348 Likes Received
    Cool. Was this a documented prediction or not? And I don’t want to question your integrity, just asking from the angle that I made my comment based upon what I have been able to read on the board.

19. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

10,745 Messages
    16,600 Likes Received
    Props for stepping up and callin it like it is.. Dak balled out.. If Lamb doesn't gator arm that one we probably win the game and Dak's passer rating is above 130...

20. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

9,647 Messages
    11,431 Likes Received
    lol without missed field goals and CeeDee drops it's a comfortable win