Let Dak walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameover

Reaction score
Oh we won't let him go. Jerry will pay him the albatross contract he is demanding and ensure that this team will continue to be mediocre.

I hate ** with this opinion

Cowboys are a top 10 winning team since 2005. Look it up. And now they have a real football coach. I’d be shocked if they don’t win 12 next year, regardless who the QB is. I’ve long said Good QB are interchangeable, only the clueless think one QB is truly more special than the other. Look no further than Troy Aikman

Last edited:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I hate ** with this opinion

Cowboys are a top 10 winning team since 2005. Look it up. And now they have a real football coach. I’d be shocked if they don’t win 12 next year, regardless who the QB is. I’ve long said QB are interchangeable, only the clueless think one QB is truly more special than the other. Look no further than Troy Aikman

Winning what exactly? This is a team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in the regular season for the last 3 years. It's also a team that hasn't had a postseason showing 2018 and hasn't made it out of the division round since 1995. This team isn't going to win anything until Jerry is dead.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Winning what exactly? This is a team that hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in the regular season for the last 3 years. It's also a team that hasn't had a postseason showing 2018 and hasn't made it out of the division round since 1995. This team isn't going to win anything until Jerry is dead.

tenor.gif

Gameover

Reaction score
I I’ve long said Good QB are interchangeable, only the clueless think one QB is truly more special

Matt Moore numbers in 2 starts for KC in 2019

completion pct. - 69.5
Yards per game - 271
QB Rating - 105.5

Interchangeable

Keep believing in that great QB Myth

You know the difference between Jeff Garcia and Joe Montana? Joe had more talent around him! Mid-80s then Late 80s

You think John Elway got better between 1988 and 1997? Nah! But his OL got better! That HOF TE was better! That HOF WR and PB WR was better! That HOF RB was better! That FB was better!

Keep believing in that QB myth

Last edited:

streetcredit

Reaction score
Do you know the correlation that turnovers have on short distances to the goal line?

Are you a dishonest observer or stupid one? Or a combination of the two?

Well I have multiple patents and worked with various space agencies and you play with crayons, so go back to your corner and determine "the correlation that turnovers have on short distances to the goal line". Typically, the non crayon folks relate turnovers to wins.

Gameover

Reaction score
They say Dak wasn’t spit without Amari Cooper, will they say the same about Allen and Diggs?

I highly doubt it .

When was the last time you heard the phrase sophomore slump?

Now there calculating the percentage of passing yards based on the score of the game. Who you think that was designed for?

Mahomes yards in the Super Bowl were gained in garbage time

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202002020kan.htm

Last edited:

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Dalton isnt an elite QB and not someone you want as a long term starter, but he can do anything Dak can do and maybe a little more (based on this years w/l records) and he's not coming off a major injury. The real question is whether Dalton is a better long term option than Dak as our #2 QB.
I believe neither QB is the answer to a championship. We need to build a top tier defensive unit and churn the market for a QB while these 2 play out their contracts.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
When a team scores 30+, they're supposed to win. Over the past 2 weeks, 13 teams scored 30+. 11 won their games.

Dak's offense started the season 2-3, but put up over 30+ 4 times. That's supposed to be good for at least three wins, but usually four.

In 2019, The Cowboys put up 30+ 8 times and won every one of those games.

Dak, this receiving corps, and a healthy O-line can put up 30+ against any team in the NFL. Dalton cannot.

QBs are not interchangeable in this league. Anyone who thinks they are just don't understand the game and it's a waste of air arguing with them.

Other than a slightly aging O-line, our needs on offense are minimal. Field a competent defense and we have a very good team. Lawrence and Gregory anchor the line. We need meat in the middle to stop the run. 54 at LB is fine...sick of hearing about his play as well. Add a solid safety, another LB, and a couple of talented CBs and we'll be fine. We've got plenty of money even after we pay Dak, so I'm looking forward to next year.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
yep, stats prescott just can't beat good teams or win games that have meaning. he's a legend.

Ya and what winning team has Dalton beat. Dalton has one, singular, uno good game and some are acting like he's second coming of Brady.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes. And you won’t get a fair deal cause he thinks he’s elite. Which is laughable.
WASH was smart to never give Cousins a long term deal for the exact same reasons.
Tag and trade him. Use the pick to move up and get the future at QB.

Way to TRY to spin it to fit your agenda. Cousins was tagged twice and both times Washington tried to get him signed to a long term contract but Cousins would sign. So instead of tagging him a 3rd time which would have paid him more than what they were willing to pay they let him walk. Washington tried like heck to get Cousins signed to a long term contract.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yep, stats prescott just can't beat good teams or win games that have meaning. he's a legend.

What has Dalton done to impress you, and the others? If Dak beat these same teams, you would be spouting nonsense about beating mediocre teams. Dalton does the same, and he is Joe Montana. Dalton, has played well, but this team will be commandeered by Dak next year.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
When a team scores 30+, they're supposed to win. Over the past 2 weeks, 13 teams scored 30+. 11 won their games.

Dak's offense started the season 2-3, but put up over 30+ 4 times. That's supposed to be good for at least three wins, but usually four.

In 2019, The Cowboys put up 30+ 8 times and won every one of those games.

Dak, this receiving corps, and a healthy O-line can put up 30+ against any team in the NFL. Dalton cannot.

QBs are not interchangeable in this league. Anyone who thinks they are just don't understand the game and it's a waste of air arguing with them.

Other than a slightly aging O-line, our needs on offense are minimal. Field a competent defense and we have a very good team. Lawrence and Gregory anchor the line. We need meat in the middle to stop the run. 54 at LB is fine...sick of hearing about his play as well. Add a solid safety, another LB, and a couple of talented CBs and we'll be fine. We've got plenty of money even after we pay Dak, so I'm looking forward to next year.

let’s add some context to this. Daks offense put up 30 points but a lot of that was due to failed comeback efforts after the offense spent large parts of the first and second quarter digging holes that gave the opposing teams really short fields against a weak and injury plagued defense. So yes, claim that you put up 30 points but when you spot your opponent 14 points off turnovers and they scored 34 points it doesn’t all of a sudden see so impressive.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agree , but dalton is winning with a bad defense ( probably worse than last year ) and a worse OL . The difference in the price tag is massive for what we may or may not get . Don’t forget Dak may not be as good after the injury .
Wrong.
Go look up how many turnovers the defence had while dak was upright. And the ppg.
Not to mention. Dalton has been garbage against teams with a pulse which is exactly what the knock on Dak is.

Status
Not open for further replies.