Let Dak walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I thought Zeke was the Fall Guy?

Teams stack the box to stop Zeke and dare Dak to beat them with his arm. The most telling example of this was the game against the Rams. They beat us the same way in the playoffs, stack the box and let their defensive front go to town on Dak. Put Dak up against a decent defense that has a solid front 7 and a reasonably good secondary and 8-10 times he isn't winning that game. I don't expect Dak to win every encounter with a good team but part of demanding the elite dollars and claiming that this guy is some great QB is being able to take on better competition.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Only if Dalton got us to the superbowl would I consider it.
How about 4 years 50 million 32 guaranteed. Trade DAK and save 100 million over the next 4 years. Dak maybe a better player, but not 100 million better than the Rocket and draft picks.

Jets, Colts, Pats, JAX, Raiders, Broncos could all use a QB. Maybe PIT, ATL, SF, DET, or MIN might want a new face in a proven young QB like DAK.
Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Lance, Wilson is the draft class blue chips. Lawrence and Trask are the ones everyone is excited about.
Which means there maybe 4-5 teams that have cap space and may be willing to give Dak Fort Knox.

Cmac

Reaction score
Teams stack the box to stop Zeke and dare Dak to beat them with his arm. The most telling example of this was the game against the Rams. They beat us the same way in the playoffs, stack the box and let their defensive front go to town on Dak. Put Dak up against a decent defense that has a solid front 7 and a reasonably good secondary and 8-10 times he isn't winning that game. I don't expect Dak to win every encounter with a good team but part of demanding the elite dollars and claiming that this guy is some great QB is being able to take on better competition.
Agree....no one should say Dak is a great QB yet,.....for that matter, neither was Tony Romo…..but he is the best chance, unless we are Rebuilding. As for greatness....that is generally allotted to Rings on the finger.....Outside of Marino (and he did get his team to the SB)….we haven't sniffed one since 95, so greatness been absent. Not sure what the problem is.....unless he has no chance at being the "Face of the Franchise". Help me out on that.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Agree....no one should say Dak is a great QB yet,.....for that matter, neither was Tony Romo…..but he is the best chance, unless we are Rebuilding. As for greatness....that is generally allotted to Rings on the finger.....Outside of Marino (and he did get his team to the SB)….we haven't sniffed one since 95, so greatness been absent. Not sure what the problem is.....unless he has no chance at being the "Face of the Franchise". Help me out on that.

The problem is the price. Dak is a middling QB demanding that he paid as an elite guy. Sorry but simply claiming that the market for the QB commands that is a stupid answer that is not rooted in any sense. Just because someone is willing to pay that money doesn't mean you need to double down on it. Just look at the RB market, the Rams were dumb enough to give a bloated contract to Gurley, now he's gone. They at least learned from their mistake and realized that paying that guy all that money wasn't going to help the team. We have the same situation with Dak as QB. I don't mind paying him more than what he made as a rookie, but being dumb by sacrificing your teams cap health for a middling QB? No way and doing that is going to guarantee that this team won't be winning anything.

Havic

Reaction score
How about 4 years 50 million 32 guaranteed. Trade DAK and save 100 million over the next 4 years. Dak maybe a better player, but not 100 million better than the Rocket and draft picks.

Jets, Colts, Pats, JAX, Raiders, Broncos could all use a QB. Maybe PIT, ATL, SF, DET, or MIN might want a new face in a proven young QB like DAK.
Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Lance, Wilson is the draft class blue chips. Lawrence and Trask are the ones everyone is excited about.
Which means there maybe 4-5 teams that have cap space and may be willing to give Dak Fort Knox.

Contract is fine, Id just want to see how he performs in the playoffs, Daltons track record is poor. Agreed, Dak is the better player but not 100mil better over the next 4 years, Id rather invest in the defense.

Cmac

Reaction score
The problem is the price. Dak is a middling QB demanding that he paid as an elite guy. Sorry but simply claiming that the market for the QB commands that is a stupid answer that is not rooted in any sense. Just because someone is willing to pay that money doesn't mean you need to double down on it. Just look at the RB market, the Rams were dumb enough to give a bloated contract to Gurley, now he's gone. They at least learned from their mistake and realized that paying that guy all that money wasn't going to help the team. We have the same situation with Dak as QB. I don't mind paying him more than what he made as a rookie, but being dumb by sacrificing your teams cap health for a middling QB? No way and doing that is going to guarantee that this team won't be winning anything.
No problem....simply put you don't want to see Dak get paid....if he's gone....let the rebuilding begin.

leicafan

Reaction score
to the Saints!

Or Rams, Steelers

You don’t need him, Jerry! Give the man a get out of Hell free card!
Wow, great idea

Let's start with this

Let Zeke go, we don't need him. He is fat, lazy, and not movtivated

Let Amari go, we have CeeDee

Let all defense go, who needs a defense, when we don't want to win.

It looks like since people started to play video football game more and more, and then they started to think, hey, I can a GM and get rid of this player, or that player.

This is why I finally found out why I came here less and less because there aren't many intelligent posts here.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I was on the fence about Dak at the beginning of the year, but I truly think he's the best option for this team going forward.

There's no QB that will be available for 2021 that is better than Dak

Brax

Reaction score
I grew up in Jax, so I'm glad they get the #1 overall pick. With that said, the past is the best predictor of the future. Trevor is in no way a lock to be a great NFL QB. There's a ~30% chance he'll be a complete bust. If he doesn't meet expectations, Jax will be a middling team, at best.

Back to Dak: There's NOBODY we can trade for or select in the draft that would give Cowboy fans any hope of being better than if we keep Dak. Barring injury, he's our QB for the next decade.
Next decade, how depressing 10 more years of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.