Let Jones and the Corners Go

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Byron is a good CB but by no means should we act as if hes irreplaceable. Hes good, not special.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had a absolutely pathetic play on a run by the QB to the outside for a big gain. He was being blocked by a WR and he just stood there allowing the QB to run to him and never even attempted to disengage his block. It was the epitome of what you should not do in football. If I were a DB coach, I would make everyone watch that play to make sure no one else ever duplicates that play.
I agree, that did look pretty bad. I saw someone post that he was being held, but I didn't see it......and I'm a Jones fan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Brown, Chido, give Scandi a call back. He was always good at running down the guy that caught the ball. But I do agree with the OP on Bennett and Quinn.

Scandrick couldn’t even stick with the Eagles who have serious CB problems.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Byron played well, albeit the one ‘one handed’ catch near the goal line which was just a great play. Yes, he dosent get INTs, I get it, but if we did have a ballhawk safety or Cb on the other side of the field.. Byron would be just fine as the #2 CB.

Awuzie unfortunately just isn’t that guy. I had hopes that he could build on his rookie season, but he’s looking more like a ‘meh’ player by the week. But I agree, We definitely need to upgrade the secondary.

I though Lewis played well and still think he would get even better if they’d actually play him more. He just seems to make plays every game he gets extended playing time.

Like many have posted before me.. we need a playmaking Safety.. and I really don’t care how we get em.

Xavier is steady, but not what I call a playmaker..although he was gifted a INT tonight.

I like Heath the man, but he definitely should only be backup and special teams ace. I thought Thompson showed a little something tonight after Heath went down.. maybe he gets more playing time.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Who cares. Draft a corner and saftey early. We seem to draft corners better than lineman anyway.
It doesn't matter who plays CB, they won't get interceptions. Been like this for years. There's CBs in the NFL who have twice as many interceptions by themselves than do the Cowboys.

cern

Reaction score
I agree, that did look pretty bad. I saw someone post that he was being held, but I didn't see it......and I'm a Jones fan.
firstly, he wasn't expecting the run. then if he broke off from the wr, his only move would have been to the inside as he and the wr were locked up near the sideline and jones would have then run up the sideline. difficult position to be in, but he helped make the stop.

ultron

Reaction score
Some of you guys say really really weird things that make no sense. Daniel Jones averaged 3.7 passing yards per play tonight lmao.

I'm willing to bet our DBs have one of the highest 'contested ball' rates in the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Byron played well, albeit the one ‘one handed’ catch near the goal line which was just a great play. Yes, he dosent get INTs, I get it, but if we did have a ballhawk safety or Cb on the other side of the field.. Byron would be just fine as the #2 CB.

Awuzie unfortunately just isn’t that guy. I had hopes that he could build on his rookie season, but he’s looking more like a ‘meh’ player by the week. But I agree, We definitely need to upgrade the secondary.

I though Lewis played well and still think he would get even better if they’d actually play him more. He just seems to make plays every game he gets extended playing time.

Like many have posted before me.. we need a playmaking Safety.. and I really don’t care how we get em.

Xavier is steady, but not what I call a playmaker..although he was gifted a INT tonight.

I like Heath the man, but he definitely should only be backup and special teams ace. I thought Thompson showed a little something tonight after Heath went down.. maybe he gets more playing time.

Awuzie started fine with some nice plays but always seems to have 2-3 screw ups.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Now imagine if Dallas would have went after Minkah Fitzpatrick.:eek:

clff15701

Reaction score
The Dline is the most important group. This team seems to have problems drafting lineman high but has no problem finding corners. Id rather sign proven pass rushers to help Dlaw than draft projects that may or maynot workout.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
firstly, he wasn't expecting the run. then if he broke off from the wr, his only move would have been to the inside as he and the wr were locked up near the sideline and jones would have then run up the sideline. difficult position to be in, but he helped make the stop.
With his speed, I think had he broken off from the receiver sooner, he may have been able to stop him sooner. Or, like you said, it may have given Jones more room up the sideline...hard to say. It did sort of look like he was gauging the angle, and deciding when to go for it, but I obviously don't know what was going on in his head.