Let Jones and the Corners Go

Knotamus

Reaction score
Some of you guys say really really weird things that make no sense. Daniel Jones averaged 3.7 passing yards per play tonight lmao.

C’mon.. I’m not the guy crapping on the entire secondary like some.. but let’s not act like a rookie QB, that has no Wr’s to speak off and is turnover prone, was going to light up any teams secondary. Dallas did what it was expected to do against lesser competition. That just it tho.. our Secondary either can’t or won’t do more than that. Turnovers are the single most important stat in football. And our secondary seems to be immune to them. Definitely could use some upgrades. I just differ on who.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Besides the 1-Handed Tate catch did B.Jones surrender another reception all game? I missed a couple of plays..
I don't think he did. He played great other than forcing Tate out of bounds while he was airborne, when catching that ball. That was definitely a circus catch though.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
He had a absolutely pathetic play on a run by the QB to the outside for a big gain. He was being blocked by a WR and he just stood there allowing the QB to run to him and never even attempted to disengage his block. It was the epitome of what you should not do in football. If I were a DB coach, I would make everyone watch that play to make sure no one else ever duplicates that lame effort.
It looked to me like he was being held. But I would have to go back and watch it in slow motion to be sure.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Byron played well, albeit the one ‘one handed’ catch near the goal line which was just a great play. Yes, he dosent get INTs, I get it, but if we did have a ballhawk safety or Cb on the other side of the field.. Byron would be just fine as the #2 CB.

Awuzie unfortunately just isn’t that guy. I had hopes that he could build on his rookie season, but he’s looking more like a ‘meh’ player by the week. But I agree, We definitely need to upgrade the secondary.

I though Lewis played well and still think he would get even better if they’d actually play him more. He just seems to make plays every game he gets extended playing time.

Like many have posted before me.. we need a playmaking Safety.. and I really don’t care how we get em.

Xavier is steady, but not what I call a playmaker..although he was gifted a INT tonight.

I like Heath the man, but he definitely should only be backup and special teams ace. I thought Thompson showed a little something tonight after Heath went down.. maybe he gets more playing time.
Earl Thomas was gifted an int Sunday night and everybody was in awe. Woods forced two turnovers tonight. 3 in the past two weeks.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Earl Thomas was gifted an int Sunday night and everybody was in awe. Woods forced two turnovers tonight. 3 in the past two weeks.

I wasn’t knocking Woods.. I still like him, as I said he’s play has been steady. He’s young and hopefully getting better every game as one might expect. I’m still not going to call him a ‘playmaker’ until he continues to string more games like this together.

I was simply point out that Woods didn’t have to work for this INT... he only had to catch it. So I’m pumping the brake on expectations of him. It’s up to Xavier to change my opinion.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
C’mon.. I’m not the guy crapping on the entire secondary like some.. but let’s not act like a rookie QB, that has no Wr’s to speak off and is turnover prone, was going to light up any teams secondary. Dallas did what it was expected to do against lesser competition. That just it tho.. our Secondary either can’t or won’t do more than that. Turnovers are the single most important stat in football. And our secondary seems to be immune to them. Definitely could use some upgrades. I just differ on who.
I agree with you in the main but tonight is a bad example. Secondary came away with 3 turnovers.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
firstly, he wasn't expecting the run. then if he broke off from the wr, his only move would have been to the inside as he and the wr were locked up near the sideline and jones would have then run up the sideline. difficult position to be in, but he helped make the stop.

You always got an excuse at the ready like that dumb fish.

Cebrin

Reaction score

Reality check. Teams struggle more against capable rookie QB's than vets, because they have little professional tape to gauge their game on. (Also, we gave up 17........)

Eanwen

Reaction score
I'm not sure who impacts the game more Quinn or Jones, but I'm in no hurry to find out the hard way. Hopefully there's a way to keep both of them on the team.