Let McCarthy pick his own QB. Let Dak/Cooper walk

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This is how you make your own thread irrelevant. You make wild claims that can easily be disproved and when faced with that facts you just ignore them and insist on clinging to your fantasies. Everyone ignore this fool and let this thread die.

I can list facts without name calling.

Fact: Chiefs “team” put team in hole in 3 of 4 playoff games. Disprove that.

thread doesn’t have to die. You can stop reading and posting in it.

it’s a free country where different opinions are ok.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I hate Garrett and I am a Dak fan. Well I was until this past couple days. But that Eagles game when we played against a shell of an Eagles team with 3rd stringers and practice squad players and we still couldn't win. I don't care how bad your coach is, you win that game. That game is when I started losing a little luster for Dak. He couldn't throw, or score, on 3rd string DB's in a must win game. And now he's turning down the richest contract in NFL history.

Dude, beat some 3rd string secondary players, in your own house, with the division on the line to even have the discussion of a contract like that.

Garrett sucked as a coach and he was in a lame duck situation. I get that. But if Dak was the man he would have found a way to rally the troops and beat a bad Eagles team that was virtually playing every defensive position injured.

We lost to a shell of an eagles team with zero running backs.
WR was running the ball? Lol

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I’ve heard him say that but I don’t believe him. It’s attractive because it’s the head coaching job of the Dallas freaking Cowboys.

Secondarily, 32 of the players on the 53 man rosters are free agents in one capacity or another and several others, like Crawford for example, can be cut without ramifications.

Heck, it’s akin to an expansion franchise in that McCarthy can literally mold this roster exactly how he wants it.

THAT, in my opinion, is what really made this job attractive.

come on
Did you really think before you wrote that??

oh btw I agree

plymkr

Reaction score
We lost to a shell of an eagles team with zero running backs.
WR was running the ball? Lol
I know Dak was injured in that game but he was well enough to play and he played poorly. Dak was injured but well enough to play but the whole Eagles team was injured and couldn't play. And we still lost!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too drastic?
How do you know Dak isn't or wouldn't be his pick? It's not as if he has a choice of anyone he could possibly want anyway, and there isn't another sure fire Aaron Rodgers just waiting on the Walmart top shelf for him to put in his grocery basket.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Absolutely, MM doesn't sign here to be saddled with a QB he dont like.

Says who ? MM was unemployed and offered job to coach highest visibility team in NFL. And get paid well to do it. He may have taken job in spite of reservations about Dak. He spewed Jerry’s line about Dak once he was an employee.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
How do you know Dak isn't or wouldn't be his pick? It's not as if he has a choice of anyone he could possibly want anyway, and there isn't another sure fire Aaron Rodgers just waiting on the Walmart top shelf for him to put in his grocery basket.

I just posed this scenario as a possible option.

I like Dak. I’m leaning towards he may not be the QB for this team.

I also lean towards “Jerry’s way” will never work.

His way being.

1.) Hires a coach after failed Garrett HC 10 year attempt.
2.) Insists that current QB is the one the new HC will have to use.
3.) New HC coach ALWAYS comes in knowing and understanding that he cannot upset Jerry’s Applecart.

I would rather McCarthy pick a QB in draft. Take 2-3 to build his team. But it’s Jerry team and jerrrys way.

you know this to be true.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Says who ? MM was unemployed and offered job to coach highest visibility team in NFL. And get paid well to do it. He may have taken job in spite of reservations about Dak. He spewed Jerry’s line about Dak once he was an employee.

It’s not allowed to go against what is going on... what is said.
You must conform.

History repeating itself. 25 years + of same old ship!

shabazz

Reaction score
But but but I keep hearing we lost 8 games this season because of Dak.

I maintain the we lost 3 games because of his inability to get it done; Saints,Patriots, and Eagles games in which we scored 10 points or less and the Defense played great

The other 5 losses fall squarely on Defense and special teams

Paying inconsistency 40 Million a year is Foolish and unnecessary

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just posed this scenario as a possible option.

I like Dak. I’m leaning towards he may not be the QB for this team.

I also lean towards “Jerry’s way” will never work.

His way being.

1.) Hires a coach after failed Garrett HC 10 year attempt.
2.) Insists that current QB is the one the new HC will have to use.
3.) New HC coach ALWAYS comes in knowing and understanding that he cannot upset Jerry’s Applecart.

I would rather McCarthy pick a QB in draft. Take 2-3 to build his team. But it’s Jerry team and jerrrys way.

you know this to be true.

I don't disagree that Dak still has things to prove, but he has proven enough where he is a safer bet on the path to success than a #17 draft pick would be. There are more Jake Locker and Blain Gabbart type QBs that get drafted than Pat Mahomes types, and the odds are the best the Cowboys could expect is somebody as good as Dak, but the odds of getting somebody worse are higher than the odds of getting somebody better.

Besides, I don't think Jerry hired McCarthy to undergo a long term team rebuild. I think he hired MacCarthy looking to improve immediately. If that's true, McCarthy would very possibly be handcuffed if he had to start over with what may be anywhere from the 3rd to the 5th QB taken in the draft.

Besides, how many new coaches are willing to let go a quality NFL QB? Some here talk like that's common, but the reality is most immediate QB changes with a new coach come when the coach inherits a perennial last place team with a QB that never proved to be a quality starter, and usually when the coach inherits 1st round pick much higher than #17.

CWR

Reaction score

He had choices. No coach with any rationale thought would sign up with a team that was about to lock in a QB for 5 years if he didn't actually like that QB. MM has skins on the wall. He wasn't desperate to find a job.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
He had choices. No coach with any rationale thought would sign up with a team that was about to lock in a QB for 5 years if he didn't actually like that QB. MM has skins on the wall. He wasn't desperate to find a job.

He had interviewed but had no offers at that point. And how many Dallas Cowboy franchises are there in the NFL. Hell, Parcells came here with a crummy team awaiting him because it was the Cowboys. He said it was like playing the “big room”, and that’s from someone who had a few skins on the wall. Don’t confuse for a second that MM coming here is an endorsement of Dak.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm totally for it being McCarthy's choice. For now it would appear his choice is to go with Dak, but if he ever decides to move on from him, that's that. It's his choice to make.

CWR

Reaction score
He had interviewed but had no offers at that point. And how many Dallas Cowboy franchises are there in the NFL. Hell, Parcells came here with a crummy team awaiting him because it was the Cowboys. He said it was like playing the “big room”, and that’s from someone who had a few skins on the wall. Don’t confuse for a second that MM coming here is an endorsement of Dak.

Parcels situation was totally different. BP wasnt locked in to qb he didn't like. You think BP would have come if Jerry told him he was looking to give Quincy or Hutch a 5 year league leading deal? MM came here knowing Dak was going to be locked up with a huge contract. In Parcels situation he had at least some flexibility. If MM came here and didn't like Dak and wasn't up front about that he'd be a complete moron. It makes no sense to be married to a QB you dont believe you can win with.

Edit: I dont believe MM coming here was an endorsement of Dak, but if we re-sign Dak I will absolutely believe the HC is on board.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let McCarthy pick his own QB and allow Dak/Cooper to walk? So sign Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams? Another classic brain dead thread courtesy of CowboysZone. It’s getting wilder and wackier by the minute here.