Let me get this straight

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CATCH17;2470673 said:
How is this Wades fault that we lost?

Just curious...

I am afraid that you will have to fight it out with a couple of other Wade lovers here.

If you are to be his chief spokesman and chief lover, you will need to raise these points and raise them often:

1. Injuries
2. poor ol' Wade doesn't throw, block or run the ball. His players are mucking it up.
3. Give Wade a chance, he just might win a playoff game some day
4. Looking like a bowl of pabulum on the sidelines doesn't make him a bad coach; he just looks lost
5. His players love him (especially during those long weekends off)
6. He's a defensive genius
7. He comes from a good bloodline of coaches, all them kickin' down the doors and stuff
8. Having 12 men on the field is actually a good ideai ffin you don't get caught
9. Parcells left this team in emotional tatters and Wade has to fix it by giving the players a lot of love
10. His look of cluelessness is deceiving. Inside he's a genius. He's actually the second coming of Tom Landry.

Good luck, Wade lover.

bysbox1

Reaction score
khiladi;2470924 said:
5. This play calling relies solely on TR to make plays. They don't systematically approach an opposing defense. That is why TR is always trying to make plays. This is a ghetto offense.

You know, Parcells warned of this when he first went with Romo. He said Romo would have these games. Romo can make an offense look great by extending plays with his feet, but because of that you don't properly run plays to break down a defense. And when you play gunslinger football he either makes you look great (like Buffalo last year) or he makes you look really bad (like today).

Parcells also warned us about Romo being careless with the ball . . . So we were warned about these turnovers and interceptions.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Boysboy;2470693 said:
To be fair, we have some injured guys now. Just wait 'till they come back next week.

If we had Marion, who knows? We prolly would have closed out the 4th OK.

We would have closed out the 4th just fine if Garrett called Choice's number more often.

khiladi

Reaction score
bysbox1;2471132 said:
You know, Parcells warned of this when he first went with Romo. He said Romo would have these games. Romo can make an offense look great by extending plays with his feet, but because of that you don't properly run plays to break down a defense. And when you play gunslinger football he either makes you look great (like Buffalo last year) or he makes you look really bad (like today).

Parcells also warned us about Romo being careless with the ball . . . So we were warned about these turnovers and interceptions.

It is the same with any QB, Tony Romo included... When you don't have a systematic approach at attacking a defense, you are going to turn the ball over...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
on the first INT, it looked like TO stopped running on the route. I blame TO for this one.

on the second INT, I swear it looked like Tony audibled out of a run and forced it to TO. Choice scooted up expecting the hand off and then just stood there all lost when Romo kept the ball.....It seems that when Romo audibles out of running plays, bad things happen. This one is all on Romo.

on the third into (the TD), Witten admitted that he ran the wrong route. What you critical people dont seem to understand is, if it is a timing play, then the QB drops back a 3, 5 or 7 and then throws to the spot where his receiver is supposed to be. If the receiver fails to be in that spot, best case scenario is an incomplete pass. Worse case scenario is what occurred, a pick 6. Witten owned the mistake, so please get off Romo for this one.

Romo was severely off in the first half. He missed a lot of open receivers. He threw it to absolutely nowhere on several occasions, and we had the open receivers.

It seemed that once Holland went down, our offense went to complete fecal matter.

khiladi

Reaction score
Biggems;2471229 said:
It seemed that once Holland went down, our offense went to complete fecal matter.

If Holland is gone, we aren't going anywhere...

Holland wasn't getting moved back at all... Proctor on the other hand...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
khiladi;2471184 said:
It is the same with any QB, Tony Romo included... When you don't have a systematic approach at attacking a defense, you are going to turn the ball over...

Dude, dont spit your opinion like its gospel. You werent in the lockerrom and do not know what their approach was.

khiladi

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2471291 said:
Dude, dont spit your opinion like its gospel. You werent in the lockerrom and do not know what their approach was.

I'll spit my opinion however I want to spit it... I call it like I see it... If you don't like it, too bad...

Garrett is garbage... Roy Williams, Terrell Owens, Jason Witten, and Tony Romo and our WRs can't get open... please... I'll take a history of 1000 yards for the starting two receivers over many years to 1 and a half years of OC by the scrub Jason Garrett...

kramskoi

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2470951 said:
The team has adopted his personality. No killer instinct.
this should be a sticky on this forum...

A team takes on the personality of its coach. He sets the boundaries, the expectations, the discipline and the mental fortitude.

Phillips does'nt have nearly the distaste for losing that a certain former coach had...

It reminds of a scene from a Rocky movie, where Apollo Creed tells Rocky, who just wants to quit and try again tomorrow, "There is no tomorrow!...There is no tomorrow!"

Moral victories, excuses and apologism matter little...only wins and losses count in the end.

kramskoi

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2471291 said:
did they even have one? Seemed like they did in the third quarter but other than that quarter, they hardly seemed like a team with a mission on offense...now the defense on the other hand...

newlander

Reaction score
I posted this right after the game biggems: Holland went down, Procter came in and we were DONE. If he's out next week, the Giants will roll us just like they did the first game. We need to sign someone off the street: he's that bad IMO. WORSE guard to wear a Star in many years............

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
CATCH17;2470673 said:
How is this Wades fault that we lost?

Just curious...
That was Wade in under-center the last offensive play...shhh!