Let me get this straight

fivetwos

Reaction score
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

McCarthy never should have been given a five year deal...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

Go find a young coach that can make this team his.

Not some fat has been as HC, and some never WAS as DC.

Start over Jerry. Admit it. You failed. Again.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
What makes it even worse, we had smoke blown up our rear ends about how you don't fot schemes to players, tou fot players to schemes.

We heard all of this great talk about this new staff was going to maximize the "talent" on this team.

Then again, just another symptom of Jones Disease. So why am I not surprised?

JBS

Reaction score
I don't think you calculated the cost of letting all of these coaches go

Actually, I know you didn't

ShortRound

Reaction score
lol 10 years, buckle up

Ve5JfSU.gif

JayFord

Reaction score
Find one good safety and one good defensive tackle and work with the rest of what you have on defense you can easily slide into the top 10

offense sign Prescott and let the line comeback healthy....

you should have an instant 10 win season

We had the number 1 offense if the defense wasn’t so bad we would be sitting at maybe 6-1 right now if healthy

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

What does being fat have to do with it?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
JJ's ego won't admit he made a stupid move and will stick with MM for several years even knowing the team is not going anywhere near the promised land. Of course, he still makes his moolah during that span, but we as fans, have to suffer five years at least with this crapola. That is how big this guy's massive ego is. A true owner would own up to this and fire MM & Co and look for a real HC, and GM while you're at it Jerry. Hand over the keys to Urban Meyer and let him do his thing. You will have a solid, fundamentally strong, talented, mentally tough team within three years. I feel he is the closest thing to Jimmy Johnson right now. Bring the respect and fear back to the Star. But i know it is just a pipe dream.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

The only thing that needs to be rebuilt is the defense. That started in the offseason with Diggs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Find one good safety and one good defensive tackle and work with the rest of what you have on defense you can easily slide into the top 10

offense sign Prescott and let the line comeback healthy....

you should have an instant 10 win season

We had the number 1 offense if the defense wasn’t so bad we would be sitting at maybe 6-1 right now if healthy
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I don't think you calculated the cost of letting all of these coaches go

Actually, I know you didn't
There's no salary cap for coaches.

Jerry isn't hurting for money. He does quite well or so I hear from the Fan Boys each year.

While I agree with the sentiment that Jerry won't move on this quickly, that doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't.

Motorola

Reaction score

fivetwos.... the season-ending injury to the starting QB changed the plans for 2020.
Cowboys would have went down this same path no matter who was the new HC.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Nolan might get fired if the defense doesn’t improve. In fact, he probably will.

For the first time this year I thought MM might get fired after one season after this week’s blowout loss to WSH. Even so, I still think this is highly, highly unlikely.

And with that said, I’m no where near to the point I want to trash MM just yet with this season’s COVID shortened training camp and the injuries we’ve sustained. That seems incredibly over-reactionary. Very fan-like, and fans tend to have a short sighted mob mentality.