Let's all continue to blame the Cowboys QB

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The same thing that happened to Romo, happens to Dak. The QB gets all the blame in big losses. Kellen skates, McCarthy skates. Kellen, the OneandDoneder Boy, couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag. Isn't it crazy how after the Broncos game, his offense began to look really similar to Garrett's and Linehan's? We got yet another receiver in Coop complaining about how they think they could help the offense more. Dez got cut for it. Coop going to be gone soon too. Lettuce pray that Kellen gets one of these HC jobs.

Your team is penalized 14 times and the HC comes out saying, "well, I thought they would let them play today!" Dude what? Still no accountability from him. He can go too. Dak wasn't his best yesterday but down 6, I still thought he'd pull it out. What I didn't think would happen is the offensive line still breaking down with SF missing its two best defensive players. I didn't think there would be more backbreaking penalties in crunchtime. Let's circle the wagons again and put this loss on your QB again. The cycle continues. Happened with Romo, happening again. Comes with being this team's signal caller.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB.

It’s no coincidence that Brady switches teams and continues to have postseason success, despite losing key parts of his offense.

Dak is average, and that’s not good enough unfortunately.

Dak had a chance to be a hero with 2:40 left, down six points, with all 3 timeouts. That was a defining moment of his career and he came up empty.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I don't "blame" Dak. I think Dak squeezes 100% of his abilities and I think he works as hard any anybody.

The problem ultimately is the front office decided to commit to a 2nd tier QB.. albeit a QB who is at the TOP of the 2nd tier.. probably a spot ahead of Cousins, Carr, etc.

It's hard to with 2nd tier QBs.... not impossible, just hard.

bewp7

Reaction score
sorry that is how it is in football

qb have literilly 4-5x more impact & value then any other positon, so they have way higher exeptation...let alone a $40,000,000 /yr "Franchise" qb

and despite all the penalty, poor play, poor coaching he had a chance to win and he could not do it

it is not worth trying to defend or re direct blame imo

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I blamed Romo when he did things to help us lose. I blame Dak for the same things. Dak lost that game yesterday with a below average performance. Did anyone step up and help compensate for Dak’s poor play? No, but that doesn’t excuse Dak.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The team around him making mistakes doesn’t absolve him from his own lack of production. Dak was bad for most of the game — right along with the rest of the team.

So yeah, I’m going to (partially) blame the QB. Because he deserves it.

Great QBs find a way to pull games like that out. Dak had his shot to win it with 3 minutes left and couldn’t get it done.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same thing that happened to Romo, happens to Dak. The QB gets all the blame in big losses. Kellen skates, McCarthy skates. Kellen, the OneandDoneder Boy, couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag. Isn't it crazy how after the Broncos game, his offense began to look really similar to Garrett's and Linehan's? We got yet another receiver in Coop complaining about how they think they could help the offense more. Dez got cut for it. Coop going to be gone soon too. Lettuce pray that Kellen gets one of these HC jobs.

Your team is penalized 14 times and the HC comes out saying, "well, I thought they would let them play today!" Dude what? Still no accountability from him. He can go too. Dak wasn't his best yesterday but down 6, I still thought he'd pull it out. What I didn't think would happen is the offensive line still breaking down with SF missing its two best defensive players. I didn't think there would be more backbreaking penalties in crunchtime. Let's circle the wagons again and put this loss on your QB again. The cycle continues. Happened with Romo, happening again. Comes with being this team's signal caller.

Our first clueless Dak fanboy arrives on the scene to explain what we all saw yesterday. LOL

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

The guy who handles the ball on every offensive snap gets most of the blame...that is why he was paid 40m per season

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Dak was the main problem, early drops and penalties didn’t help him out but he had some real bad throws out there. The Interception was inexcusable, lead directly to 7 points. The constant bad throws, the hesitation to throw, for some reason he slid at one point when he could have gained 3/4 more yards diving forward.

He sucked, he choked, he takes up franchise Qb money and consistently plays like a bottom 10 qb against good teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, the defense basically gave up 16 points and the offense gave up 7 with the pick in our own RedZone.

The offense scored 1 time in its first 6 possessions.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I agree to some extent, but Dak was bad yesterday. I don’t get as riled up over the periodic bad regular season game because, shocking as it may be, bad games do happen to everyone.

But from start, to finish, to the post-game presser, yesterday was an awful day in the office for No. 4.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
it is not worth trying to defend or re direct blame imo
:hammer:1000 x. The time for defending is over. All the quotes about how he was gonna rise to the next occassion were just empty words. Pressure may be a privilege but it is one he can't handle. It just burst his pipes.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I dont think anyone is excusing McCarthy, Moore, or really anyone else. In fact most are calling for their jobs today....It just boils down to the fact that Dak had opportunities in this game, and came up short. He gets his blame as well.....and that blame gets amplified after he signs a massive contract. He is paid like the guy who is expected to pick a team up during a game like this and carry them on his shoulders.

There are a ton of issues with this team right now, but Dak is part of that problem.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

Ok np. Dak is not that guy. 2 throws yesterday sums it up for me. The one he threw behind wilson when the O was starting to click and he was wide open for a huge gain. The second was the pick. Threw on the wrong side of the payer who was not wide open but if thrown on the correct side its not a pick. Both drive killers and one gave up automatic points for the other team. His inaccuracy is pathetic.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am going to blame deferring the football? We got punched in the mouth to start the game. Offense couldn’t counter punch and we failed on the opening drive of the 2nd half too.

Can we put to rest the importance of deferring the football. It doesn’t matter who gets the ball first, it matters how the team executes when they step on the field.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why do some of you always try to make this an either/or situation when assessing blame and responsibility for a bad loss?

Embrace the use of the word "and".

Yesterday was the QB AND the OC.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Dak didn’t play well. Our Defense got abused some. But we had a chance at the end. Weird plays happened. Penalties again that hurts the team. We have to revamp this O-Line. The penalties kill this team.. If Dak don’t get better during the offseason we are in trouble..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Ok np. Dak is not that guy. 2 throws yesterday sums it up for me. The one he threw behind wilson when the O was starting to click and he was wide open for a huge gain. The second was the pick. Threw on the wrong side of the payer who was not wide open but if thrown on the correct side its not a pick. Both drive killers and one gave up automatic points for the other team. His inaccuracy is pathetic.
He started the game rattled and threw the ball away instead of hitting Schultz. After Zeke got stuffed the next play we knew it was going to be a long day.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score

Dude...it's not all Daks fault. But stop. He was average to slightly below average yesterday. It became OBVIOUS that he needs a running game. Even if they had won yesterday...they were not going to win another game this postseason.