Let's all prepare ourselves for another lost season

erod

Reaction score
I know this post is negative, but all the offseason signs point to another losing season following a great season.

The offensive line lost 40% of last season's starters and it doesn't appear that we have the answers in place yet. L. Collins really struggled in pass protection the other night against the Ram's back-ups. What will he do against JPP and VonMiller? The left guard spot is in shambles right now-and Chaz Green and Tyron Smith can't stay healthy. The depth we had last year is now gone. Any injuries to Zack or Travis Fredrick will have this line looking like the 2012 version.

Losing Zeke Elliott for six games is going to kill the start or our season I believe. We have a real good chance of losing our first three games and it'snot out of the question that we start out 2-4 or even1-5.Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink. Dak had well-defined reads because of how the opposing defenses were geared to stop Zeke. He could take any carry to the house and they knew it. No team out there is going to fear McFadden or Alfred Morris.

This means that Dak is going to see much more diverse coverages and different looks. It will be a huge learning curve for him in my opinion. If Dak struggles to read these coverages the offense will grind to a halt and He stands to lose some of the confidence that he portrayed last year. We must also keep in mind that the QB sophomore slump is a very reall thing. There is a reason that sophmore QB's have struggled throughout the history of the NFL. The defensive coordinators within the division have had all offseason to evaluate that QB's strengths and weaknesses.

With all the suspensions on defense and the young defensive backs does not bode well for a team that may need to win games with their defense early on. As much as this defense overachieved last season, they will likely need to overachieve at an all-time level to carry the team for six games.

Last season the Cowboys benefitted greatly from a last place schedule.This season it is a first place schedule and it is absolutely brutal. Aside from our own, always tough division, we play the Packers, Seattle, Arizona, Oakland, Kansas City and Atlanta. We also play the dreaded three games in eleven games and finish the season with three of four games on the road. Getting the season off to a good start was going to be paramount.

Again I know this sounds extremely negative, but since Jason Garrett has been a coach on this team we have yet to put together two consecutive good seasons. We have a very disturbing precedent of getting complacent after we have success. We also seem to fold like a cheap tent with any sign of adversity (see 2010 and 2015). I'm sorry to have to write this but I think it is best if we get ourselves ready for another long and wasted season.

Legit points mixed in, but you are failing to recognize the cluster that most of the league's teams are. The Cowboys have significant issues, but they have far more quality in more places than most of the league.

Look at the East.

The Giants can't run the ball; they have a bad offensive line. The Commanders chased off their receivers, and their defense is in transition. The Eagles are trying a new group of receivers and don't have a running back to lean on (Blount is a Patriot product who's seen his best days).

New England, Green Bay, Atlanta, and maybe Oakland. The Cowboys fit in the second tier behind them with Pittsburgh, Kansas City, New York, and maybe Carolina and Tampa. You can mix and match to your liking.

Lost season? No. Championship contender? I have my doubts.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this post is negative, but all the offseason signs point to another losing season following a great season.

The offensive line lost 40% of last season's starters and it doesn't appear that we have the answers in place yet. L. Collins really struggled in pass protection the other night against the Ram's back-ups. What will he do against JPP and VonMiller? The left guard spot is in shambles right now-and Chaz Green and Tyron Smith can't stay healthy. The depth we had last year is now gone. Any injuries to Zack or Travis Fredrick will have this line looking like the 2012 version.

Losing Zeke Elliott for six games is going to kill the start or our season I believe. We have a real good chance of losing our first three games and it'snot out of the question that we start out 2-4 or even1-5.Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink. Dak had well-defined reads because of how the opposing defenses were geared to stop Zeke. He could take any carry to the house and they knew it. No team out there is going to fear McFadden or Alfred Morris.

This means that Dak is going to see much more diverse coverages and different looks. It will be a huge learning curve for him in my opinion. If Dak struggles to read these coverages the offense will grind to a halt and He stands to lose some of the confidence that he portrayed last year. We must also keep in mind that the QB sophomore slump is a very reall thing. There is a reason that sophmore QB's have struggled throughout the history of the NFL. The defensive coordinators within the division have had all offseason to evaluate that QB's strengths and weaknesses.

With all the suspensions on defense and the young defensive backs does not bode well for a team that may need to win games with their defense early on. As much as this defense overachieved last season, they will likely need to overachieve at an all-time level to carry the team for six games.

Last season the Cowboys benefitted greatly from a last place schedule.This season it is a first place schedule and it is absolutely brutal. Aside from our own, always tough division, we play the Packers, Seattle, Arizona, Oakland, Kansas City and Atlanta. We also play the dreaded three games in eleven games and finish the season with three of four games on the road. Getting the season off to a good start was going to be paramount.

Again I know this sounds extremely negative, but since Jason Garrett has been a coach on this team we have yet to put together two consecutive good seasons. We have a very disturbing precedent of getting complacent after we have success. We also seem to fold like a cheap tent with any sign of adversity (see 2010 and 2015). I'm sorry to have to write this but I think it is best if we get ourselves ready for another long and wasted season.

Your OL analysis is terrible. RT is an upgrade and Cooper has been good at LG.

This OL offsets the step down from Elliott to McFadden/Morris.

Defense is the concern with injuries, suspensions and inexperience.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Let me know when you have more "likes" than posts. Some people here think I'm more than a troll. And I'm not the one with the Ghostbuster Jerry avatar. Who's trolling who?

As if I care about likes. I didn't join this board for likes.

You are the one who quoted me for a post I made a while ago, troll.

mmohican29

Reaction score

What an absolutely pathetic post.

This team wins 10 games minimum with or without Ezekiel.

You have to be a card carrying member of the Joey Lawrence "Woe" Patrol

Doomsday101

Reaction score

You mean yourself unless you got a mouse in your pocket who is as down on the Cowboys as you are. Free country you can believe as you choose but don't expect others to follow

Reaction score

Denver and San Diego are no slouches either,,,, this is an extremely tough schedule. But on the bright side, as Cowboys fans we will be treated to a full season's worth of 'big' games, only two gimmee games in the whole season (Rams and the Niners).

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Enough of this negative talk. Nobody knows how we are going to do. We have just as much chance to have a good season.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Denver and San Diego are no slouches either,,,, this is an extremely tough schedule. But on the bright side, as Cowboys fans we will be treated to a full season's worth of 'big' games, only two gimmee games in the whole season (Rams and the Niners).
Last year we were supposed to have a tough schedule too. It ended up being not so tough. Teams go up and down every year. No way to know how it's going to turn out.

Everson24

Reaction score
After this past Rams game, I'm afraid my early August prediction is coming to fruition. Our offensive line looks much worse than last year. Dak seems to have regressed as a pocket passer and against any team with a running back, we look like the 2013 record-breaking bad Dallas defense.

We will most likely be 2-3 heading into the bye week and facing tough games against the Commanders and Chiefs and Falcons. This could get 2010 ugly if we don't get things fixed quickly.

Everson24

Reaction score
What an absolutely pathetic post.

This team wins 10 games minimum with or without Ezekiel.

You have to be a card carrying member of the Joey Lawrence "Woe" Patrol

Does my post look so pathetic now? Dak saw very simple reads last year. Without Zeke is getting different looks. I also knew this was still a Garrett coached team and that the whole team hangs on the fact that every single piece needs to be in place for a Garrett coached team to win games. Lose a couple of players and the whole thing collapses like a house of cards. I've seen this movie before.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It is even worse than you predicted. Losing Zeke + Sean Lee + Tyron Smith during this stretch of games has been truly brutal.