Let's all thank Quincy Carter for Tony Romo

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was listening to The Cooler on dallascowboys.com and they mentioned that if Quincy hadn't smoked his career away, Tony Romo probably would've been released that summer. Our QBs would've been:

1) Carter
2) Testaverde
3) Henson

Thank you, Quincy, for messing up big time. At the time I felt sorry that a young man had blown an opportunity due to a serious problem. And that's still true, but look at the outcome. I guess everything happens for a reason.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Drew Henson deserves props for being completely and totally incompetant as well as Quincy for smoking his career away.

Undisputed

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1212258 said:
Drew Henson deserves props for being completely and totally incompetant as well as Quincy for smoking his career away.

:lmao2: mmmmm....career....

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Given that Parcells was never really sold on Henson, and we still would have had two training camps to look at Romo, I don't think it's a sure thing that we would have released Romo.

The guy to thank is Jake Delhomme, who was ready to sign the year before, but then asked for that extra million at the last minute. That was before the 2003 draft. Romo would have never got the phone call from Parcells in that case, and our QB's in 2003 would've been:

Delhomme
Carter
Hutchinson

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
percyhoward;1212292 said:
Given that Parcells was never really sold on Henson, and we still would have had two training camps to look at Romo, I don't think it's a sure thing that we would have released Romo.

The guy to thank is Jake Delhomme, who was ready to sign the year before, but then asked for that extra million at the last minute. That was before the 2003 draft. Romo would have never got the phone call from Parcells in that case, and our QB's in 2003 would've been:

Delhomme
Carter
Hutchinson

Excellent point. And after watching Delhomme last night, it's a good thing that scenario never happened.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1212258 said:

Drew Henson deserves props for stealing cash from 2 of the biggest sports franchises in the world, in 2 different sports.

Man, the dude practically stole cash from the Yankees and the Cowboys. He can sit on his *** for the rest of his life with that dough.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1212296 said:
Excellent point. And after watching Delhomme last night, it's a good thing that scenario never happened.

After watching him lead his team to the Super Bowl that very year, I wish it would have happened.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AHHH a stroll down amnesia lane.

Tell me what's makes you laugh hardest.

I thought Parcells was nuts for making Romo #2 Anti Henson Conspiracy:lmao2:

I thought Romo was an idiot for not going to NFL Europe:lmao2:

I took the time to watch Henson in 4 NFL Europe games this past winter.:lmao2:

I and a good freind of mine were furious that Romo was going to play the entire first preseason game ahead of Henson.:lmao:

What's really funny is that after that Seattle preseason game, Henson and Bledsoe could have been run over by the team bus for all I cared.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The revisionist historian in me likes to think that the Brain Trust dropped Carter from the roster because of Romo.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1212469 said:
The revisionist historian in me likes to think that the Brain Trust dropped Carter from the roster because of Romo.

I like that line of reasoning as well. :)

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1212469 said:

Or maybe it was the drugs...and the love for Testaverde.

:laugh1:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Radio show? Yeah. That way you can't see the paint ring around there nose/mouth from all the huffin' going on.

No.
Way.