Let's assume Dak gets what he wants

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
4 year deal at near 40 mil per.

If it didn't work out and you find yourself in a similar situation that the Rams were just in.

How many no 1's would you have to trade to rid yourself of Dak's (much worse than Goff's) contract and obtain a legitimate contending QB?

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Dak is a top 5 quarterback. You sign him and go get two 1sts if you want to move on. One thing I’ve noticed about the kid is every year he’s gotten better. Watching how stiff and bad his mechanics were his first two years in the league it’s like he’s a completely different quarterback today. I hope the progress would continue in spite of getting paid. It rarely does for players.. However, That said.

5,000 yard 30+ TD quarterbacks don’t grow on trees. He’d have a market.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Houston radio shows are talking a "Herschel Walker" deal for DeShart Watstain when he's traded. He's getting 40M/yr according to them, and they will receive "franchise changing" draft picks for him - to the tune of 4 first rounders. LOLOL

cowboyec

Reaction score
you make it work.
he's legit.
you don't walk away when it gets hard.

the rams paniced.
i dont think they made themselves better with that dumb trade.
when you panic...you make dumb decisions.
they should've re-worked goff's contract instead of throwing away future picks...first to get him....then to get rid of him.

if you believe Dak is legit....you make it work.
you don't panic and throw your future away.
pay the man.
if it begins to go south....re-work the deal...keep your picks and draft his replacement.
but you dont do what the rams did.

i don't think it will go south with Dak.
i think he's legit and our future...with him at the helm...is bright.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do people think the Rams had to trade #1's to get rid of Goff? Was this confirmed? Because to my knowledge the Rams could've cut Goff without giving up anything.....

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

If it didn't work out and you find yourself in a similar situation that the Rams were just in.

How many no 1's would you have to trade to rid yourself of Dak's (much worse than Goff's) contract and obtain a legitimate contending QB?

The defense and a consistent run game is the prob, not Dak

Flamma

Reaction score

You do the same as you would do with any other player you're not happy with. Release him when the dead money is manageable. The Rams chose not to do that.

I think part of the reason the Lions got so much for Stafford may not be because they think so highly of him. Or that the bidding even reached that level. They probably threw another 1st rounder in there to take Goff's contract. Dead money would have been a lot higher had they cut Goff.