Lets give credit where credit is due

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
There are alot of Jerry haters on here. Well, it was reported that he told Wade to remove Stewart of his play-calling duties and call the plays himself awhile back.

I said at the time if there is no leadership in the locker room, I'm glad that Jerry took the initiative and did something. If this is indeed the case, Jerry needs to get some credit for saving our season. Because with Wade calling the show, our defense is just straight nasty.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh now you done gone and done it.

You are never going to get all those worms back in that can.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
They just ignore these threads and continue to bash him and say he needs to be gone. There's no argument for why he should be gone other than pure hatred. You look at the talent on the team and it's clear he's done well.

Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Frankly, Jerry Jones deserves credit when any of this results in a playoff win. Until then, all the great players, great drafts and whatever just make it that much more aggravating that we haven't won a playoff game in forever.

And, yes, I fully, wholeheartedly credit him for the 1990s success. That decade alone makes him a HOF owner in my book.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
next gen, your last name wouldn't happen to be Clark would it? I got a cousin out in Iowa City who loves the boys.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jerry is the GM and that's what a GM does. When their is a problem that needs to be addressed with the coach, the GM does it and that means Jerry.

So he did the right thing by telling Wade (if he did that) to take over the play calling duties, and that way Stewarts Job was saved, so both should be thankful.

I know I am.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
For those that want Wade Philips out of Dallas despite the resurgence of our defense.....all I have to say is two words:

MIKE

ZIMMER

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It wasn't exactly a genius move. Stewart was and is an absolute joke. Really had no choice to be honest - he was that bad.

willia451

Reaction score
I don't really care what the reasons were, or how it happened. Our defense playing better, is good enough for me.

Jerry, Wade, Brian, Jason. All? None? Divine Intervention? They got healthy? Who really knows?

I just let the owner / GM, coaches, and players sort all that stuff out. And try to enjoy the show.

Go Cowboys!!!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2501162 said:
There are alot of Jerry haters on here. Well, it was reported that he told Wade to remove Stewart of his play-calling duties and call the plays himself awhile back.

I said at the time if there is no leadership in the locker room, I'm glad that Jerry took the initiative and did something. If this is indeed the case, Jerry needs to get some credit for saving our season. Because with Wade calling the show, our defense is just straight nasty.
If Jones hadn't hired a spineless head coach, there'd have been no issue to begin with.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2501362 said:
If Jones hadn't hired a spineless head coach, there'd have been no issue to begin with.

So your saying our defense would be as good as it it currently playing right now.....if Jerry hadn't hired Wade.

Gotcha.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Hostile;2501165 said:
Oh now you done gone and done it.

You are never going to get all those worms back in that can.

can-of-worms.jpg
:D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Sarge;2501323 said:
It wasn't exactly a genius move. Stewart was and is an absolute joke. Really had no choice to be honest - he was that bad.

Interesting take. And here I was thinking that our defensive resurgence also coincided with the health of our secondary and Spencer.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
tomson75;2501371 said:
So your saying our defense would be as good as it it currently playing right now.....if Jerry hadn't hired Wade.

Gotcha.
No. Wade's a very good DC. He's proven that time and again. He's improved defenses almost everywhere he's been.

He's also proven he's not a leader of men and that he doesn't win in the playoffs.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2501407 said:
No. Wade's a very good DC. He's proven that time and again. He's improved defenses almost everywhere he's been.

He's also proven he's not a leader of men and that he doesn't win in the playoffs.

The Music City Miracle had nothing to do with being a leader of men. It was a suspect called that could have went either way.

In my opinion Wade is a leader of men. Why? Because he treats his players like men and not like children.

The players respect him else they would have mailed it in when the opportunity presented itself.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2501168 said:
Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.

Dumbest thing I've ever read on here, and that says alot. And, it has nothing to do with whether you like or dislike Jerry Jones. No one person is the Dallas Cowboys, not Landry, not Staubach, and no, not even Jerry Jones.

But for someone to even suggest that Jerry is the Cowboys is beyond laughable.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2501162 said:

Was that an anonymous source?

If it was, then we can't accept it because, after all, if it's not verified by an official on-the-record source, then Jerry can't be credited for taking any initiative whatsoever.

Outside an official source, Jerry is still a rah-rah type owner who knows nothing about football.

I won't credit him for righting the ship until I officially see it in print or on television. ;) :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2501487 said:
Was that an anonymous source?

If it was, then we can't accept it because, after all, if it's not verified by an official on-the-record source, then Jerry can't be credited for taking any initiative whatsoever.

Outside an official source, Jerry is still a rah-rah type owner who knows nothing about football.

I won't credit him for righting the ship until I officially see it in print or on television. ;) :D
Poor horsie. :D
beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;2501476 said:
Dumbest thing I've ever read on here, and that says alot. And, it has nothing to do with whether you like or dislike Jerry Jones. No one person is the Dallas Cowboys, not Landry, not Staubach, and no, not even Jerry Jones.

But for someone to even suggest that Jerry is the Cowboys is beyond laughable.
The organization is it's members. Jerry Jones is and forever will be the single biggest name associated with the Dallas Cowboys. He'll have the longest tenure, the most Super Bowls, the biggest impact in terms of football on the field, the biggest impact in terms of media and advertisement, the biggest impact on where they play football, how they play football, who plays football, etc., etc., etc.

You can deny it all you want. He is the Dallas Cowboys.