Lets give credit where credit is due

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge;2501323 said:
It wasn't exactly a genius move. Stewart was and is an absolute joke. Really had no choice to be honest - he was that bad.

Sarge we rarely and I mean rarely disagree. But why does Stewart have to be a joke. Surely he doesn't know what Wade knows. That's a given and by a long shot. But I don't think he's a joke. He should be taking copious notes because he's getting a chance to really learn here. If he can't learn now then the jokes on him. I bet he's paying attention.

Angus

Reaction score
theogt;2501523 said:
Straight from Wade Phillips' mouth.

You've got a point,theogt, but you are too young. Credit for the panache of the Dallas Cowboys belongs to Tex Schram. Jones has merely built on what Tex put in place.

:star:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
yimyammer;2501694 said:
which one?
The one on that day after that game. I'm not going to do your research for you.

It was said. If you don't believe me, who cares?

willia451

Reaction score
theogt;2501701 said:

Holy Smokes!!! LOL!!!! Tell him how you REALLY feel next time. Don't hold back. LOL!!!!

Go Cowboys!!!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
adbutcher;2501389 said:
Interesting take. And here I was thinking that our defensive resurgence also coincided with the health of our secondary and Spencer.

adbutcher;2501424 said:
The Music City Miracle had nothing to do with being a leader of men. It was a suspect called that could have went either way.

In my opinion Wade is a leader of men. Why? Because he treats his players like men and not like children.

The players respect him else they would have mailed it in when the opportunity presented itself.

adbutcher;2501573 said:
It changed but so did our personnel and our personnel's abilities.

Newman was playing the slot. Scandrick(sp) and Jenkins weren’t here and Henry was hobbled for most of last year. Also, Spencer wasn't as comfortable playing the OLB spot. In addition to all of the aforementioned personnel upgrades, the defensive staff didn't know their personnel’s strengths and weaknesses.

In order to be aggressive you have to have the personnel and the confidence in the personnel else you will be bombed out of the stadium by the offense.

Couldn't agree more. We couldn't be this aggressive in the past with two rookies and even a rusty AJ playing. Scandrick and Jenkins along with the return of TNew from injury allowed us to change the defense the most. You can't send that many people if you're going to get burned. And they have also taken away the underneath a lot. That can't be dismissed esp when they are sending so many LBs. And Spencer is adding to the mayhem.

I've posted occasionally that the addition of one person up front can change the balance of power. And once the dam breaks you start seeing more than one or two getting to the QB.

I'm telling you all this. You are seeing something special. Hope we stay healthy enough for it to continue. Finally this defense is as dominant as some have predicted. And it's more special than I ever thought it would be.

We could very well ride this defense to a record 6th SB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theogt;2501523 said:
Straight from Wade Phillips' mouth.

Wade said publicly that Jerry told him to take play-calling duties away from Stewart?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2501753 said:
Wade said publicly that Jerry told him to take play-calling duties away from Stewart?
He said Jerry asked him to take a more hands on approach with the defense. At that same time it was separately reported that Wade had taken over the playcalling duties. Later on, Wade confirmed publicly that he had taken over the playcalling duties.

RxMan

Reaction score
I can't believe no one has mentioned the fact that Jerry wanted the responsibility of the defensive performance soley on Wade so there could be no excuses. What do you think happens if the defense continues to play poorly? Then he has no excuse for not firing him at the end of the season.
Wade could not use his coordinator as a scape goat if the defense struggled. He was brought in as a defensive minded coach. He was asked to use those skills. I think Jerry's reasoning was as simple as that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerra is the best owner in the NFL.

Not only is he proactive, he lives and breathes football. It is his life.

Yes, he meddles, but what owner does not in some way?

All you Jerra haters need to grow up and accept jerra as he is: proactive, visionary, business-smart and the No. 1 fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, I forgot: He's dug deep to give the Cowboys the best talent possible.

yimyammer

Reaction score
theogt;2501701 said:

It's not a matter of believing you or not believing you, I am simply not going to rely on what you or anyone claims nor am I going to rely on your interpretation of what you heard. You're the one who made the claim that Wade said Jerry told him to start calling plays, therefore you should be able to back it up with evidence to support your position.

You're the one who heard it and know which press conference it was, so why can’t you provide evidence to support your position?

I'm not saying you can't but I am beginning to wonder why you're so resistant to providing a link that supports your claim.

I discount most of what I read on the internet until I find reliable evidence that justifies my reliance on said claims.

This is not a knock or attack on you, but merely a prudent way to filter the volume of information that is spewed over the internet.

If you were in a court of law, your assertions would be thrown in the trash if your only proof was that you had read it somewhere on the internet and you expected a judge or jury to do their own research.

You made the claim and should be able to back it up with proof, not to convince me, but to give validity to your argument which I would assume you want people to acknowledge; otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to make the post.

Providing evidence forces people to look the facts in the eye and accept them or reject them. You're not omniscient, so we don't have to do that with whatever rolls off your keyboard.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2501810 said:
Jerra is the best owner in the NFL.

Not only is he proactive, he lives and breathes football. It is his life.

Yes, he meddles, but what owner does not in some way?

All you Jerra haters need to grow up and accept jerra as he is: proactive, visionary, business-smart and the No. 1 fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

Oh, I forgot: He's dug deep to give the Cowboys the best talent possible.

That was nicely put sir

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
yimyammer;2501813 said:
It's not a matter of believing you or not believing you, I am simply not going to rely on what you or anyone claims nor am I going to rely on your interpretation of what you heard. You're the one who made the claim that Wade said Jerry told him to start calling plays, therefore you should be able to back it up with evidence to support your position.

You're the one who heard it and know which press conference it was, so why can’t you provide evidence to support your position?

I'm not saying you can't but I am beginning to wonder why you're so resistant to providing a link that supports your claim.

I discount most of what I read on the internet until I find reliable evidence that justifies my reliance on said claims.

This is not a knock or attack on you, but merely a prudent way to filter the volume of information that is spewed over the internet.

If you were in a court of law, your assertions would be thrown in the trash if your only proof was that you had read it somewhere on the internet and you expected a judge or jury to do their own research.

You made the claim and should be able to back it up with proof, not to convince me, but to give validity to your argument which I would assume you want people to acknowledge; otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to make the post.

Providing evidence forces people to look the facts in the eye and accept them or reject them. You're not omniscient, so we don't have to do that with whatever rolls off your keyboard.
Like I said, if you don't believe me, who cares?

yimyammer

Reaction score
theogt;2501831 said:
Like I said, if you don't believe me, who cares?

Learn how to read and comprehend. I didn't say I didn't believe you, I dont have a dog in this hunt. I'm willing to accept whatever the truth is.

It's very siimple, you can't back up your assertions and therefore all you've really done is offer an opinion, which I have acknowledged.

For whatever reason, you fail to understand that your written word is not reliable evidence.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
theogt;2501168 said:
They just ignore these threads and continue to bash him and say he needs to be gone. There's no argument for why he should be gone other than pure hatred. You look at the talent on the team and it's clear he's done well.

Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.

Biggest BS thread......................ever. Your award will arrive shortly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
yimyammer;2501843 said:
Learn how to read and comprehend. I didn't say I didn't believe you, I dont have a dog in this hunt. I'm willing to accept whatever the truth is.

It's very siimple, you can't back up your assertions and therefore all you've really done is offer an opinion, which I have acknowledged.

For whatever reason, you fail to understand that your written word is not reliable evidence.
Translation: "It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't believe you."

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
adbutcher;2501676 said:
So Jerry Jones = Danny Snyder?:confused: I am pretty sure that you are kidding but it is hard to tell because you forgot to include /sarcasm at the end of your post.

Interesting that's the way you took that. But no. According to theo Jerry = the Dallas Cowboys. So apparently Snyder = Commanders and so on.

I don't think any one person equals a franchise, especially not someone who ran the team into the ground for nearly a decade.

But again, if people want to worship the owner that is their prerogative, but I'll continue cheering for the team.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2501810 said:

I thought that was CrazyCowboy.

Oh wait, I guess that may explain alot. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
theogt;2501762 said:
He said Jerry asked him to take a more hands on approach with the defense. At that same time it was separately reported that Wade had taken over the playcalling duties. Later on, Wade confirmed publicly that he had taken over the playcalling duties.

Okay. Thanks. I stand corrected. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yimyammer;2501843 said:

10:57 AM Fri, Oct 24, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Don't blame Brian Stewart for the defense's problems. Jerry Jones holds Wade Phillips, aka Mr. Fix-It, responsible for every single defensive call.

"I'm hearing a lot about who calls what," Jerry said on The Ticket this morning. "That's so overrated. You really will never get real good answers in that area, if you really think about it. The facts are the one that makes the final decision, you ultimately say makes the call, whether he utters a word or not. He does it by acquiescence, he does it by a nod, he does it by having a suggestion and then saying, 'Go ahead.' ...

"In this particular case our head coach Wade Phillips does make, either by acquiescence or by direction, all decisions relative to what we're doing on the defensive side of the ball."