Lets give credit where credit is due

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2501487 said:
Was that an anonymous source?

If it was, then we can't accept it because, after all, if it's not verified by an official on-the-record source, then Jerry can't be credited for taking any initiative whatsoever.

Outside an official source, Jerry is still a rah-rah type owner who knows nothing about football.

I won't credit him for righting the ship until I officially see it in print or on television. ;) :D
Straight from Wade Phillips' mouth.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adbutcher;2501389 said:
Interesting take. And here I was thinking that our defensive resurgence also coincided with the health of our secondary and Spencer.

Clearly our defensive strategy and philosophy has changed. We had Spencer and Newman last year and still werent aggressive... like we are now.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2501162 said:
There are alot of Jerry haters on here. Well, it was reported that he told Wade to remove Stewart of his play-calling duties and call the plays himself awhile back.

I said at the time if there is no leadership in the locker room, I'm glad that Jerry took the initiative and did something. If this is indeed the case, Jerry needs to get some credit for saving our season. Because with Wade calling the show, our defense is just straight nasty.

I agree. It was nice that he at least stepped in and told Wade to do what he brought him here to do.

Hostile;2501165 said:
Oh now you done gone and done it.

You are never going to get all those worms back in that can.

LOL. Sadly, no, he won't. I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't turned into a bigger argument yet.

theogt;2501168 said:
They just ignore these threads and continue to bash him and say he needs to be gone. There's no argument for why he should be gone other than pure hatred. You look at the talent on the team and it's clear he's done well.

Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.

Agreed. They ignore the things that don't fit their agendas. Pretty much why guys like Nors haven't been around here lately. Well that and his nephew hasn't been able to stay up and watch ESPN late enough to call him and give him the storys that he can then try and take credit for breaking.

Double Trouble;2501362 said:
If Jones hadn't hired a spineless head coach, there'd have been no issue to begin with.

So you're saying this defense and team was playing much better under a guy like, say, Parcells?

Sorry, no dice, cause they weren't.

theogt;2501520 said:
The organization is it's members. Jerry Jones is and forever will be the single biggest name associated with the Dallas Cowboys. He'll have the longest tenure, the most Super Bowls, the biggest impact in terms of football on the field, the biggest impact in terms of media and advertisement, the biggest impact on where they play football, how they play football, who plays football, etc., etc., etc.

You can deny it all you want. He is the Dallas Cowboys.

Exactly. I find it hard to deny he is the Dallas Cowboys at this point anymore than someone trying to deny Landry was the Dallas Cowboys during his reign.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Bach;2501476 said:
Dumbest thing I've ever read on here, and that says alot. And, it has nothing to do with whether you like or dislike Jerry Jones. No one person is the Dallas Cowboys, not Landry, not Staubach, and no, not even Jerry Jones.

But for someone to even suggest that Jerry is the Cowboys is beyond laughable.
Bach, this forum is less without you. I can always count on you to appear in this type of movie role. Dude you are typecast, lol

willia451

Reaction score
YoMick;2501533 said:
Clearly our defensive strategy and philosophy has changed. We had Spencer and Newman last year and still werent aggressive... like we are now.
Agreed. Since Wade has gotten more involved with the Defesive play calling, things HAVE gotten better; obviously; going back to your strategy and philosophy statements.

But, there is also this. Last year, we had Nate Jones and Jacques Reeves with Newman hurt most of the year. That limited our ability to be aggressive and bring pressure. At least I think it did.

We have better people in the secondary than we did last year. And another year of experience under the belt of some of our younger players. So we're just better now; in that respect.

Go Cowboys!!!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2501168 said:
Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.
That's a joke. If Jerry dies tomorrow, I guess there is no Cowboys.

If Jerry Jones is the Cowboys GM for another 20 years, then we can count on another 20 years similar to the last 10.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2501549 said:
That's a joke. If Jerry dies tomorrow, I guess there is no Cowboys.
I'm willing to bet you actually thought this made sense in your head.

If Jerry Jones is the Cowboys GM for another 20 years, then we can count on another 20 years similar to the last 10.
You might want to reconsider rooting for them then, if you do at all.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2501556 said:
I'm willing to bet you actually thought this made sense in your head.

You might want to reconsider rooting for them then, if you do at all.
Clever. If you don't love Jerry Jones, you're not a Cowboys fan.

I'll bet you thought of that all by yourself.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2501562 said:
Clever. If you don't love Jerry Jones, you're not a Cowboys fan.

I'll bet you thought of that all by yourself.
Because I said that at all?

You don't have to love him. But if you hate him, you should certainly find another team.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
YoMick;2501533 said:

It changed but so did our personnel and our personnel's abilities.

Newman was playing the slot. Scandrick(sp) and Jenkins weren’t here and Henry was hobbled for most of last year. Also, Spencer wasn't as comfortable playing the OLB spot. In addition to all of the aforementioned personnel upgrades, the defensive staff didn't know their personnel’s strengths and weaknesses.

In order to be aggressive you have to have the personnel and the confidence in the personnel else you will be bombed out of the stadium by the offense.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2501520 said:
You can deny it all you want. He is the Dallas Cowboys.

:lmao2:

Maybe to someone like you who obviously hasn't been around very long.

The Cowboys were America's Team long before Jerry came on the scene and they only won Super Bowls in the 90's in spite of Jerry.

Now if I were to put a face with the Cowboys it would be Tom Landry. But even Landry isn't "the Dallas Cowboys". Jerry definitely isn't.

Of course this does now make sense why some get so bent out of shape over any criticism of Jerry. They retardedly actually think Jerry = the Dallas Cowboys.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
YoMick;2501533 said:

The philosophy changed the day Phillips took over. He's always dictated to the offense, lest we forget Seattle motioning out of the backfield, taking Ware out wide into coverage in the playoffs.

The biggest difference now is that the players are finally comfortable with their responsibilities. This evolution has been plain to see if you've been paying attention. Unlike throughout most of last season, we seldom see a clusterfudge when the offense sets their formation. Players know where they're supposed to be and what their responsibilities are, no more pointing where to be, no more late flipping of positions... We also rarely see the DBs arguing after a play about whose man that was.

The other major factor has been Spencer. He's not putting up the individual numbers but he's allowing others to make plays, specifically Ware. When Ellis is on the field opposite Ware teams take advantage of his lack of mobility for an OLB. When he drops into coverage, he cannot get the depth required, allowing for completion in the hole created. The extra yard that Spencer's getting gives Ware that extra tenth of a second needed. It's also giving the corner more time to make a play. This isn't really to knock Ellis though because he's still a feared pass rusher in the obvious passing situation and quite a few sacks are the result of QBs seeing him and sliding into another defender. Burnett's health and quality of play has also played role but not to the extent of Spencer's.

This really has been a gradual evolution and the nice thing is that there's no reason that this defense can't continue to get better for the forseeable future.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;2501579 said:
:lmao2:

Maybe to someone like you who obviously hasn't been around very long.

The Cowboys were America's Team long before Jerry came on the scene and they only won Super Bowls in the 90's in spite of Jerry.

Now if I were to put a face with the Cowboys it would be Tom Landry. But even Landry isn't "the Dallas Cowboys". Jerry definitely isn't.

Of course this does now make sense why some get so bent out of shape over any criticism of Jerry. They retardedly actually think Jerry = the Dallas Cowboys.
Yes, the team of 20 years ago was about Landry. He personified the team.

This is a different team. Has been for 20 years and will be for another 20 years.

I'd suggest you just move along if you don't like this team. It may be painful to you, but it's the truth.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2501594 said:
Yes, the team of 20 years ago was about Landry. He personified the team.

This is a different team. Has been for 20 years and will be for another 20 years.

I'd suggest you just move along if you don't like this team. It may be painful to you, but it's the truth.

I like this team just fine. I'm just not dumb enough to think that the owner = The Dallas Cowboys. Now, Jerry is the main reason we haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years, but I still don't equate one man with equaling the Dallas Cowboys.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;2501658 said:
I like this team just fine. I'm just not dumb enough to think that the owner = The Dallas Cowboys. Now, Jerry is the main reason we haven't won a playoff game in a dozen years, but I still don't equate one man with equaling the Dallas Cowboys.
Just keep on ramming your head into that brick wall.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2501662 said:
Just keep on ramming your head into that brick wall.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure there's actually some Commanders fans who idolize Danny Snyder.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Bach;2501672 said:
I understand where you're coming from. I'm sure there's actually some Commanders fans who idolize Danny Snyder.
I'm pretty sure if I were a Commanders fan pre-Snyder, and things continued down their current path, I wouldn't be a Commanders fan much longer.

But you're right, there are irrational people in the world, and I don't know why I bother trying to reason with them.

yimyammer

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2501162 said:
There are alot of Jerry haters on here. Well, it was reported that he told Wade to remove Stewart of his play-calling duties and call the plays himself awhile back.

I said at the time if there is no leadership in the locker room, I'm glad that Jerry took the initiative and did something. If this is indeed the case, Jerry needs to get some credit for saving our season. Because with Wade calling the show, our defense is just straight nasty.

Can you or anyone cite a source for the claim that Jerry told Wade to take over?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Bach;2501672 said:

So Jerry Jones = Danny Snyder?:confused: I am pretty sure that you are kidding but it is hard to tell because you forgot to include /sarcasm at the end of your post.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
yimyammer;2501674 said:
Can you or anyone cite a source for the claim that Jerry told Wade to take over?
Wade Phillips said it in a press conference.