Lets give credit where credit is due

yimyammer

Reaction score
theogt;2501855 said:
Translation: "It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't believe you."

Lol, reading comprehension is obviously not your strength.

On another note, I just got an email from a Nigerian prince who wants to give me millions of dollars, should I take him at his word or should I do a little research to see if there is any evidence to back up his claims?

Sounds like I should go for it, afterall, I did receive the email via the internet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams may come and go, but franchises live forever, even those named Cardinals.

Jerry Jones IS the Dallas Cowboys. The current makeup of coaches and players are his team now, just as the 90's teams were his also, and this team and others yet to come shall remain his until he can no longer run the franchise, dies or sells the franchise (which is about as likely as the sun going supernova while I'm typing this).

However, the distinction ends there UNLESS the same principle applies to every owner. If that's the case, Clint Murchison IS the Dallas Cowboys... now. Bum Bright (Lord forgive me) IS the Dallas Cowboys... now. Previous owners would have to share the credit with Jerry Jones' team now, but that's not the case.

Luckily, the need to distinguish who is what to the team isn't necessary. The franchise is the only important factor of consideration. Jerry Jones IS the current owner of the Dallas Cowboys franchise, just as Clint Murchison and Bum Bright ( :banghead: ) were owners. Jerry Jones will command the future of his franchise for many years and it will encompass many different teams and players. May his AND his franchise's future be forever bright (but hopefully not "Bum" bright). Go Cowboys.

MrMom

Reaction score
adbutcher;2501389 said:
Interesting take. And here I was thinking that our defensive resurgence also coincided with the health of our secondary and Spencer.

You'd be wrong.

YoMick;2501533 said:
Clearly our defensive strategy and philosophy has changed. We had Spencer and Newman last year and still werent aggressive... like we are now.

This.

Plus our defensive resurgence started against TB when both Spencer and Newman were still out. What was the difference that week? Wade took over playcalling.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
BTW, Wade was brought here mainly because he's a 3-4 guru. He should've been fully in charge of the defense from day one.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Bach;2502414 said:
BTW, Wade was brought here mainly because he's a 3-4 guru. He should've been fully in charge of the defense from day one.

I agree 100% I'm all for giving an assistant an opportunity, but not at the expense of the team.

Perhaps Parcells should have taken play calling away from Zimmer.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2501168 said:
They just ignore these threads and continue to bash him and say he needs to be gone. There's no argument for why he should be gone other than pure hatred. You look at the talent on the team and it's clear he's done well.

Bottom line is, Jerry Jones is the Dallas Cowboys. It's been 20 years and it'll be another 20 years. If you don't like Jerry Jones, you don't like the Cowboys.

That is one of the most ******** things I have ever read.